Occassional "bumps" on my shaft when shaving

tp121

Just Browsing
Media
I'm a little embarrassed to even post this, as I'm more of a lurker than anything, but after reading some of the health questions here, I figured what the hell.

Male, 47..have been shaving my balls and shaft since I was 22 or so.

Over the past few years, I've noticed I get a bump, almost like a zit, that appears in a random place where I shave.
Normally its at the base of the shaft, on one of those little "chicken skin pores".. usually lasts a week, maybe 2..and usually won't get better unless I put zit medicine on it or something.
I've had 2-3 over the past 3-4 years. They always go away, so the only thing I figure it is-
1, some sort of irritation on one of those little pores or 2- some type of ingrown hair.

Its just weird, I'm not alarmed about it...just wonder if anyone else ever gets these?

matelalique

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yes - it's called having hair follicles that are supposed to grow out and lubricate the hair. If the hair doesn't make it out, the gland still makes the grease, and it either gets trapped as an ingrown hair, or the hair gives up and some of the grease still lurks - that's the white bumps.

and there we are.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, that sounds like an ingrown hair or something like that. Seeing as they show up a bit less than once a year for you, I doubt there's any reason to worry over it.

D_Tess_Tease

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had one and it was soooo painful for a week, kept squeezing the pus out until one day I got a magnifying glass and tweezers and finally pulled the hair out of the pus,,, went away next day.