October rain...

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I love it. All the windows are open, my guitars are out of tune from the humidity, when I take my dog out to walk she sniffs that much harder because the moisture makes all those exquisite smells just a little stronger. I come back in with wet hair and use a soft, freshly laundered towel to dry off. The rainwashed breeze is blowing in off the river, and picking up the fragrance of two cypress trees that are growing right next to my building. I'm cleaning up my apartment, and have turned off the dehumidifier because it filled up four hours ago. Everything is delightfully soggy, and my head is buzzing with an oncoming nap. All is fragrance and indolent yumyumosity, just like an early autumn Saturday in a town on the southeast coast should be. I couldn't have prayed for a better day; I lacked the imagination.

Crimsondreamer

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A truly spectacular day.... unless you can't enjoy it because you live in a "football" town and the streets are overcrowded with crazy,drunk youngsters!

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A truly spectacular day.... unless you can't enjoy it because you live in a "football" town and the streets are overcrowded with crazy,drunk youngsters!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....football!

Let's toss that old pigskin around and have a little game of touch football out in the street (hey, that's what happens in New York-we ain't got no hoity toity manicured lawns and yards).

(and it's a beautiful rainless day here)

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Lots of upsides, three of them being REM, the B-52s, and Indigo Girls. Further south, and not very far, you've got Michelle Malone. Well worth the trip, just don't stop to fill up on a Friday night in October or you may find yourself swept away by the revelry!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We have the fall air too... and the bright full colors right now. Quite warm though for this time of year. I think this is our indian summer....as it's already dipped down into the 20's.

But fall is a beautiful time of year.

D

deleted3782

I knew there was a big soft- cyprus-hugger under that hardened hick-ish facade.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lol, we had a lovely October day in London today.

Clear blue skies, trees turning colours in the streets and parks. The sun a little too low for comfort, but still providing warmth. If only we'd been able to see the sun in July, August or September. Still, I'm reasonably tanned after a week in May and a week in June spent carelully sunbathing, although I do think those new-fangled lightbulbs they've foisted on us have made a difference. Apparently they emit UV as well as leaking mercury into the landfill sites and saving energy.

Crimsondreamer

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lots of upsides, three of them being REM, the B-52s, and Indigo Girls. Further south, and not very far, you've got Michelle Malone. Well worth the trip, just don't stop to fill up on a Friday night in October or you may find yourself swept away by the revelry!

You are so right... Athens does have plenty of upsides. I would have been around here 10 + years if I didn't agree. Gamedays are just a lot sometimes.
I would much rather them be low key and fully Autumnal. :rolleyes: