Octuplets mom is not getting showered with gifts

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Octuplets mom is not getting showered with gifts

By SHAYA TAYEFE MOHAJER and JOHN ROGERS, Associated Press Writers Shaya Tayefe Mohajer And John Rogers, Associated Press Writers Tue Feb 3, 6:43 pm ET

LOS ANGELES – Where is the lifetime supply of diapers, formula and baby wipes? The free van? The brand-new house?

Women who give birth to six, seven or eight babies are often showered with dazzling gifts from big corporations, local businesses and strangers. But that is not happening with the Southern California mother who delivered octuplets last week.

The news that she is a single mother with six other children — and that all 14 were conceived by having embryos implanted — seems to have turned off many people, and companies are not exactly rushing to get publicity by piling on the freebies.

Nadya Suleman, 33, has been lambasted by talk-show hosts, fertility experts, even her own mother, who has her hands full taking care of Suleman's other children, ages 2 to 7.
I have one word . . . schadenfreude. :cool: :smile:

Altitude

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well from the little I've heard this woman's been obsessed with having children... and one has to question her judgment when she's a single mother now raising 14 kids. Yikes.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
in a way i feel sorry for the hamster lady and her brood. well not the crazy lady, her kids. those publicity pumping handouts are usually what gets a family with multiple births through the first years. i can see how most people would say she's getting what she deserves. *i am so support public flogging and pillory humiliation in her case* but really not having the diapers, the formula, the cash, the child care, volunteers from the community blahblahblah only hurts/punishes the litter o'preemies.

more than looking for a chance to condemn her actions after the fact investigate the state agencies fitting the bill. the medical ethics of the doctors providing care. seriously consider putting higher restrictions on availability of fertility treatment and drugs.

ml

*koff*child protective services seriously needs to step in here*koff*the woman is clearly mentally ill*koff*

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
in a way i feel sorry for the hamster lady and her brood. well not the crazy lady, her kids. those publicity pumping handouts are usually what gets a family with multiple births through the first years. i can see how most people would say she's getting what she deserves. *i am so support public flogging and pillory humiliation in her case* but really not having the diapers, the formula, the cash, the child care, volunteers from the community blahblahblah only hurts/punishes the litter o'preemies.

more than looking for a chance to condemn her actions after the fact investigate the state agencies fitting the bill. the medical ethics of the doctors providing care. seriously consider putting higher restrictions on availability of fertility treatment and drugs.

ml

*koff*child protective services seriously needs to step in here*koff*the woman is clearly mentally ill*koff*

I agree with you 110%, she is mentally ill.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perhaps the Pope is contemplating giving exceptions to the church's anti-artificial insemination rules to allow catholic women to have 8 at a time.:wink:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Perhaps the Pope is contemplating giving exceptions to the church's anti-artificial insemination rules to allow catholic women to have 8 at a time.:wink:

ya know in south boston i am pretty sure catholic women are having babies by the baker's dozen.

ml

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't care what she told the doctor, he never should have implanted 8 embryos. I think he should go before a board of some sort. Not taking into consideration she was a single mom with 6 kids was totally wrong, you can't say the doctor couldn't refuse to do it.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Pronatalist has already suggested that. He references the idea they would be be runts by bringing forth the fictional character of Clifford, the Big Red Dog.

She ought to be evaluated for mental stability. Her mother is leaving here. She is not married. She has to be unemployed. Who is the father? She won't tell.

I think the USA is at a point where charity for such birth happenings is at a standstill.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Unfortunately, those gifts are going to come from all of us when she becomes supported by the state as there's no way she'll be able to do it on her own, and of course it's the children whose lives will suffer her hideous selfishness. Including the medical care those kids will need, it's estimated it will cost $71,000 a year each to raise them...

"Can't bring herself to destroy the embryos", indeed.
Did you know that the man whose sperm fertilized all of them (including the original 6) begged her not to use them but that she went ahead anyway so that now he's been 'forced' to father all those children against his will?!

Schadenfreude is one of my very favorite concepts but since in this case it extends to the kids I'm not sure it applies.