Odd Birthday Presents

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
What odd birthday presents have you received?

I just got a copy of OUT magazine from my wife because she knows that I am interested in the guy on the cover. That was odd, because although she accepts my bi nature, these days she doesn't usually do things in active support of it.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really have this problem. People in our family are quite difficult to buy for and we fail at spontaneity (it's our British heritage :tongue: we can't 'do' impulse!) so we're quite sensible and boring about gift-giving: a few weeks before Christmas or Birthdays we give each other the money and pick our own presents, then give them to the 'giver' to wrap. It takes out the element of surprise but it also reduces the risk of disappointment or pure shock.

The closest I've ever gotten to an odd present is one Christmas many years ago when someone sent me a pair of boxer shorts that were too small. They were nice - Dennis The Menace (the UK one, not the US one) - but just the wrong size.

Last edited:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
a box of toothpicks from my uncle.(I was 20)
a fake fur bedspread from that uncle.(I was 25)
a box of dead insects (same uncle)
an electric extension cord (same uncle)

the year after he died (we had the same name & he died on my 46th birthday), his wife sent me all his i.d. cards, (drivers license, union, library, Medicare, VA, AARP, etc.etc.), his h.s. diploma and an electric carving knife which didn't work.