Odd (but Good) Support Group

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

fournineteen59: I posted a thread last week that disapeared that I thought had some interesting thoughts and questions. I'll try again and hopefully the strand will stand.

The question is: Why would guys with large penises need support? They seem to be admired. People in this forum always say things like "I wouldn't have it any other way" or "I love being hung." The issues seem to be:

1. I wish more people would recognize me for being hung
    2. I wish more people would recognize me for being who I am beyond my big unit - although I think it is cool they admire my big unit
    2. I have a hard time finding baggy pants
    3. Even though a small number of women have turned me down because I was so hung, I really look forward to seeing the look on their face when they see it for the first time

It just seems to be the most unique support group I've ever come across.

Really, those of us who have struggled with our identity because of our percieved lack of manhood find it kind of incredible that the one group who was/is the beneficiary of our culture's focus on "bigger is better", agreement that "well endowed" means big, and that it is okay to make fun of guys with small penises has a support group.

Don't get me wrong. Conversation is always good. But I just wonder if there is something deeper at play here. Dig deep. Why do feel you need support? Really.

:)

2. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: It'd be interesting if you get the same answers again.  I'm like the Al Sharpton for the "unhung," I know people get tired of my trying to understand the abivalent thoughts here. I have been unsuccessful in trying to get an answer on what advantages the "unhung" have since it seems being so is the worst nightmare for most. I am greatly confused by the answers to these questions and the other prideful posts. But as I said I give up. Fournineteen, I understand you and have thought the same thing in the past, but I've learned... and I am still learning. Read the thread topics and the posts in the categories. You'll see the answer to your question. However,  I hate to say this, but I've now learned it's safer not to ask. They don't seem to like to answer questions like this. You're getting too close to a closely guarded secret we are not worthy or meant to understand. Other than that, this is not just a support group for guys with large penises. It's a support group for anything really.

3. Imported

Gold Member

fournineteen59: So what do you think is the closely guarded secret?
    I've read many of the threads and I still don't see the answer.

4. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Well it seems to me the advantages is a closely-guarded secret... or at least it seems to be treated as such. One minute there are, the next, none.

There are a lot of posts where experiences are shared and people learn they are not alone in how they feel or in experiences. See the problems with sex, oral sex, clothing, unwanted attention... but then again, it varies on a person's mood. One minute all that can be good and another it's bad. Opinions flip flop here too much.

5. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: The thing to understand is that the designation of this site as a "support group" has always been slightly tongue-in-cheek. The original version of this board started as a total joke and I'm sure the original owners were surprised when a group of men with large penises actually began making extensive use of the discussion board.

It should be clear to all that we are not usually discussing issues of deadly seriousness like you might find in a "support group" for people with serious illnesses. (Though occasionally posters report genital dimensions that are so extreme they become a true physical handicap or psychological torment from experiences related to their size.) This board has proven useful for exchanging supportive advice/info. on such issues as how to get along in a world where most condoms, clothing, and partners are made for men of more average endowment. I think most of us recognize that in the grand scheme of things, these concerns are not earthshattering. But they exist and, hey, where else are you gonna talk about them? And so what if many discussions on here are just general commentary around the general topic of our penises rather than serious advice and "support"?

For some of us, the most "supportive" aspect of this site is simply that it provides an outlet to exchange thoughts on topics we generally have nowhere else to discuss. Take it from me, when you grow an 11" penis as a teenager, it attracts your attention and raises many thoughts that you can't usually share with others without coming across as a braggart or an obsessive weirdo.

Overall, this site is best viewed with a healthy sense of humor and without any expectation that it will reveal the answers to life's deepest mysteries.

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

fournineteen59 & Hapi Papi, do you two serve cheese with your whine?

Jeez!

Pecker

7. Max

Max New Member

As usual Donk has it absolutely right.

My particular view on this is that there will always be a few younger or inexperienced guys who do need "support". When at about age 15 I was asked "How do you imagine you're going to get THAT inside a woman?", it would have been a good thing for me if the LPSG hadn't been 30+ years away.

8. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Yes, I have an assortment of cheeses. Mmmm :p No Cheese-Whiz! That doesn't count!

*looks at the safe with the secrets in it*

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

[quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=meetgreet;num=1054879981;start=0#7 date=06/06/03 at 08:42:32]*looks at the safe with the secrets in it*[/quote]

If we told you, we'd have to beat you to death with....well you know!

Pecker

10. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: :D Now I wonder if it's really worth it...  ??? hmmm... guess I'll have to rent a tank... to break into the safe...

11. txquis

Gold Member

hmmm...
    the answers are all different,
    because people are all different.

Every one of us on here is here for a different
    reason.
    Some are coming to cruise,
    some are coming for advice (on everything
    from penis matters to non penis matters),
    some are coming because they stumbled
    into some great conversations
    and friendships here.

And some are here for a combination of all three.

But, the one thing that has never been
    tolerated here is ridicule...of the hung or the
    nonhung....or negativity.
    That is why i like it here. Everyone is welcome
    and it is a positive place for discussion.

So, instead of "why?" i would question, "why not?

I cant answer the reason for the board being here,
    but I am here to socialize with
    other people who share some of the same
    physical similarities as I do.
    It is not something that i have ever been able
    to compare notes on with most of my friends,
    i would be too shy.
    But, this is an easy way to discuss these things.
    Works for me.

Next answer....

12. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: That's true txqis. There would be a lot of answers and opinions... and I am interested in hearing them all. You are right, there really isn't a place to be this open... I know I can't talk about many topics here in person. It's embarrassing. it was embarrassing for me to even mention the name of the board to my friends (who I wonder have taken a peek yet?).

13. Imported

Gold Member

SizeRulz: Why would you feel compelled to discuss LPSG with your friends, especially if you find it embarrassing?

14. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: It was part of a larger story about my internet friends. I was telling one of them about my some of those I met online and I couldn't avoid talking about here since it was part of the story. I didn't intially mention it, but she wanted to know what kind of support group message board. I wasn't going to lie.

15. Imported

Gold Member

jackinman: [quote author=Hapi Papi link=board=meetgreet;num=1054879981;start=0#11 date=06/06/03 at 09:02:43] You are right, there really isn't a place to be this open... I know I can't talk about many topics here in person. It's embarrassing.  [/quote]

To Hapa Papi and fournineteen59...doesn't this statement basically answer the question "why do hung guys need a support group". People feel more comfortable talking about certain issues in a forum like this.

16. Imported

Gold Member

fournineteen59: Once again, good discussion. The information that stated that the site started out somewhat as a tongue in cheek site makes sense.

17. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: I wasn't asking the question... but shouldn't there be a place called the Penis Issues Discussion Group?

18. Imported

Gold Member

Curtis: Fournineteen,

I also was disappointed that your thread disappeared. I made an attempt to rekindle the conversation by starting a topic titled "Reality Check," which I posted in the "Sex With a Large Penis" section (sorry, must've had a brain fart).

To answer directly your question, "Why do we need a support group?" I'll relate a story that happened to me just last week.

I bought a pair of Sport Jeans (See that topic in the Underwear & Clothing Section) and wore them to a gathering with friends. They are made with a fairly generous front pouch and are, hands down, the most comfortable pair of jeans I have ever owned.

Now, among that group of friends I was certainly not interested in displaying my goods. But the unique design of these jeans showed an obvious bulge whenever I sat down. A few of the women started giggling among themselves, and later one of them asked if I had stuffed something into my pants!

Welcome to my world, fournineteen! After decades of searching for comfortable jeans, I finally find some I like, and I get laughed at and ridiculed. Big genitals sometimes get attention, but I gaurantee you would not want the kind of attention I received that evening.

So here I am at LPSG, because there is nowhere else in the world where I can share such stories and find people who understand and can relate to what I went through. That's exactly what a "support group" is for!

Curtis

19. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: I'm sorry Curtis. That's not what I'd like myself. I want to clear up something for people though... although I am disappoint with what I have and that it doesn't show and such, there is a limit, and there is a too big. I'm happy being a "grower" and if I were hung, I'd prefer to be a "magic grower"... one of those who seem to have nothing and then BAM! I'd only like to show a little so i could at least feel like a man than an adult who could probably be beat by a 12 year old. But I guess his question is answered. Curtis, you were on it from the beginning. That is support too. Thanks for your account.

20. Imported

Gold Member

DirkDiggler: I have thought about this over the last week that I have been a member and there a few reasons that I like using this site
    Firstly, this is the only place where i can discuss the experience of having a large penis with people who share that experiance,and secondly there is always the posibilty that I will meet a sexual partner who likes a large penis through the message boards,perhaps not a very likley one but who knows.
    And despite you dismissing it pretty lightly,being rejected by a girlbecause of the size of your penis when youre at school and everyone one else is banging away like rabbits is somewhat distressing to a teenage boy,so sometimes people do need supportand understanding.
    And most importantly,my dick is bigger than yours so ner ner :p

Draft saved Draft deleted