Odd fishy smell on penis

Short&Thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've noticed for a few weeks now that my penis has emitted a more musky, fishy smell than regular and it's starting to become rather annoying. Now I enjoy my musky odor now and then, but does anyone have any advice on how to calm it down?

Yes I do shower regularly, and use soap and water. I'm starting to run out of ideas. When I use lotions it just makes me want to jack off and kinda defeats the purpose, lol.

Does anybody know if it's something in the diet or something? I don't eat a lot of fish, lol. But smelling like a can of tuna immediately after a shower is starting to get annoying.

123jackahh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am cut and have a similar thing happen from time to time. The odor is not there when my cock is soft but starts when I get hard. I start to precum as soon as I get hard and that's when I notice the odor until after I cum. I don't eat a lot of fish either but do take omega 3 fish oil. That's the only thing I can think of. Interested in seeing other posts

vitaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Old sperm produces this smell, which is why pussy has the reputation for smelling like fish. People joke about lesbians liking fish, but I'm told women who only have sex with women don't have this smell. I've noticed this before if I didn't clean up after...you know. Also fungal infections, jock itch, can produce a smell. That can be treated with over the counter medication.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Infection? What kind of infection could cause this without other indications?

A yeast infection, a bladder infection, some of the myriad STIs. Some people can be completely asymptomatic for a long time, while others have only a handful of symptoms. Seeing as this has cropped up while everything else is going on normal for the OP, it's best to let a doctor investigate.

Of course, a change in diet may also be the culprit. Between sweat and urine, your crotch may have picked up a malingering odour, OP. Like the old story about people smelling like garlic after they eat lots of it, other foods can change your body odour.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Google your symptoms and see what pops up. I didn't google it myself but I've not ever googled anything that didn't return with hundreds of websites related to my inquiry. I've never heard of old semen having a fishy odor. All I've ever heard of semen smelling like is bleach!

TheMarchHare

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Even being circumcised old sperm can collect in the fold of skin right under your cock head a dry up. Even with cleanup this still may happen. Try taking a shower and using some soap on that area. Unless it's really really caked in the smell should go away. At least until after you jack off or fuck again. ^_^

123jackahh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting reading the posts on this. As I said in my earlier post, mine happens infrequently. After a couple of times jacking off and then that's it for months. There are absolutely no symptoms of infection like pain or discomfort when pissing and my piss does not have that order, only my precum and cum.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go for bacterial infection..

Maybe your skin is sensitive and you should use a ph safe soap to wash..always better for the skin..especially if you wash it often..

Go to the doctor and have it checked out...take a swab test..

Do you have a girlfriend you fuck often?..maybe she has some bacterial vaginose issues herself and needs to follow a cure for it to rebalance her PH value in her vagina..

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hmmm? interesting comments. I never thought about a bacterial infection of some sort. I thought my balls smelled because I get waxed once a month and having no hair to wick sweat away, it just sat there. Plus having metal down there probably contributed. I have a check up scheduled this week so I'll mention it to my doc and get his opinion.

steeker34

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey guys,

I think i figured out what the problem/s was for me at least so hopefully it helps you guys...

There were 3 factors that I thought contributed...

1) my problems (exactly like you describe) came most frequently during times of stress. During finals...fishy...so think back or think of how much stress you have right now...it will probably go away after the stress goes away

2) Caffiene...coinciding with the stressful times were times went I had really high caffiene intake. I think all that caffiene can mess up your system and make changes to the fluids in your body

3) I really only get fishy when i wear jeans or pants all day, particularly with boxer briefs. All that sweat rubbing isn't good, shorts help.

So...cut down on caffiene and flush your body out with water for a couple days, destress, and wear more loose clothing

Hope it helps, it did for me