Off I Go....

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Fox News Channel's Shepard Smith has been sent to the Middle East to cover the war that's breaking out there.

As is your's truly...actually, I am going to Cyprus. The reason, is there are quite a number of Alaskans that live in Lebanon, who work for Elmendorf AFB, and are trying to get out...so I am going to cover that.

I REALLY didn't want to go...don't mind flying, it is riding in those big-ass C-130 style planes. My junk is bouncing around (as am I) for some 6 or 7 hours. Sucks! Anywho, I am waiting on the plane now (regular 767...much better) to Germany, then to Cyprus by C-130, (am at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage now)(I love Wi-Fi).

I am going international:biggrin1: .....I will check in regularly (inbetween reporting and whatnot). Don't worry, I will be safe....and I am not going to Israel or Lebanon.

Take Care...and as always Rock on,

Damiaen

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damiaen Michaels said:
I am going international:biggrin1: .....I will check in regularly (inbetween reporting and whatnot). Don't worry, I will be safe....and I am not going to Israel or Lebanon.

Damiaen

Best of luck and give my Love to Beiruit if you're able, I spent a great time inc a very happy birthday there a couple of years back and it breaks my heart to see all the hard work done on reconstruction (there is even a B&O store!!) and the great people I met being put at risk by extremist assholes on both sides.:mad:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damiaen Michaels said:
As is your's truly...actually, I am going to Cyprus. The reason, is there are quite a number of Alaskans that live in Lebanon, who work for Elmendorf AFB, and are trying to get out...so I am going to cover that.

I REALLY didn't want to go...don't mind flying, it is riding in those big-ass C-130 style planes. My junk is bouncing around (as am I) for some 6 or 7 hours. Sucks! Anywho, I am waiting on the plane now (regular 767...much better) to Germany, then to Cyprus by C-130, (am at Elmendorf Air Force Base in Anchorage now)(I love Wi-Fi).

Damiaen

Hey D. :smile:

How cool going international and to Cyprus ... the Festival of Ancient Greek Drama is going on , hope u have time to see a bit of it...well but u may do not like this kind of thing...anyways take care and do a great coverage, ok?

And please check regularly to tell your impressions and etc...kisses...:tongue:

T

that_other_guy

Is that you I spy on the LPSG map ... the map

hope everything is going well :smile:

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey All,

Thank you for your kind comments...I will be safe and return home soon. The US Army is updating us with information on who has passed through US Immigration/Customs on their way back to Alaska, so we can post that on the air (we are skipping the website) so that the very tiny communities in Alaska, can know where their families are.

Got here about 4 hours ago....already been on the air for the "KTUU 24 Hour News Channel" (our 24/7 news station on cable). I slept about 3 hours in the C-130...so I am running on a couple of sleep....and I love it. The adrenaline, caffeine, and no sleep make reporting fun.

About 600 of 1053 Alaskans (according to Elmendorf numbers) have passed through here. So, I might not be here long. It was mostly to cover the Alaskans, but I might stay instead to cover the whole thing here in Cyprus.

I actually got meet and shoot the shit with Anderson Cooper (of CNN). He is hot, but also really nice. Totally approachable...came up, introduced myself, got to talking...he had to leave a couple later to go to one of the US Army Tent Cities, but it was kinda cool! He make a quick trip to Cyprus, but is reporting in Beirut all this week (according to CNN.com).

So, as of right now, I am sitting in the hotel (actually taking a short break...whew!) and will be going out to the US Army Tent City, the Immigration/Customs center that has been set up by not only the US, but other counties, and several other places.

I have to tell you, it kinda takes you back when you stand there and see the people that are trying to get out. It also makes ya sad that a group of bastards (Hezbollah) are the ones (in my opinion) that caused this and now the Lebaonese people and others are paying the price.

I will post some of our transcripts, if I can get my hands on them before they are sent to Anchorage.

Elmendorf said they are doing to get all Alaskans out by this weekend (Monday Night at the latest), so I may be back on tundra firma sooner than I thought....just depends on what Anchorage let's me do.

I am off to find some food....I am starving!

Take Care...and Rock on,

Damiaen
International Reporter Guy!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damien,

It's a cool opportunity for us to get to hear from someone actually involved in reporting the news like this, but I'm curious- do you consider being here a potential problem on your job? I'm assuming you're using your real name, which may or may not be true.

Anyway, thanks for the updates, and here's hoping dinner was yummy.

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey All,

Other Guy, yup, that would be me out there. Keeping an eye on things from the Middle East. It is about 6:50am on the 23rd as I write this. Mostly everyone is crashed still. I got up early to take some outside video. Am waiting for the next boat right now, and all the media is going to meet it.

Zora, dinner was good. Had some chicken (kinda like KFC original, but who knows, it was food...and good). About whether me being on this site, using my real name (yup, Damiaen Michaels is my real name....parents were hippies) is a problem. Answer there, nah! As long as it doesn't interfere with my work or anything like that, they don't mind. If there was breaking news and I was sitting at my desk playing on the site, then I would be in trouble. But if it is on down time or just goofing around between newscasts, they don't care. And they don't mind the logo being used....they like to call it a form of advertising for them:)

After I get back from the next boat and edit my story and do the standups and what not, I will throw a report up for ya.

Take Care all...and Rock on,

Damiaen

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey All (still Live from Cyprus), *1:27am on the 24th*

According to Elmendorf/USAF/USArmy numbers, now 900 Alaskans have passed through one of Cyprus' ports and are on their way home now.

The Princesa Marissa, with some 1,200 passengers arrived earlier today. It was a sight, just seeing these people, who you can tell have been waiting for a long time to get on that boat, finally getting on safe land. Some actually kissing the ground as they got off. Lots of kids got seperated from their parents....we actually had a kid with us for a couple while we were taping. His Mom found him (we had told the Cyprus official with us, so when his Mom passed through a checkpoint or told an officer, she was redirected...by car...to us)...felt good to help out. He was sitting with our camerawoman, eating a PBJ. He was telling us about his cat at home. I think he was French..but he was from Lebanon, cause he had what seemed like a French accent. I was worried about him finding his Mom..and he did.

Stories were told of how the boats would be packed and people, who had "tickets" had to wait sometimes 1 or 2 full days to get to Cyprus. It is getting better with more and more ships and now the EU is going to help out, so that is good.

Most of the crews here are still operating on US time...so even through it is 1:28am now, it is 6:28pm eastern (for the big guys), it is only 2:28pm in Anchorage...so we (the KTUU people) have to wait 3 more hours to do our report at 5:00pm. Then breakfast, sleep, and then according to the Cyprus News Agency at the Limassol port, the cruise ship Orient Queen, and the USS Whidbey Island will arrive with a combined 2,000 passengers. We are still waiting on the USS Trenton and USS Nashville, but we are told they may be late.

So, I am going to have a PBJ...hope you all are well....and I will update ya more when it happens:)

As I say on TV..."reporting live from Larnaca, Cyprus...Damiaen Michaels, KTUU Channel 2 News".

Rock on,

Damiaen:)

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey All,

Well, KTUU's lead anchor, John Tracy is on his way here. He wasn't (no way he was going) going over here, but since he seen I was doing fine here, now he is on his way, as I type this. So, as soon as he gets here, my crew and I are outta here.

I was little pissed that he decides to come out here after 3 days. Oh well, with 900 of 1053 Alaskan citizens already or on their way home, I am not sure why he is bothering. We were leaving tomorow night (if all 1053 were out)...if not, we were staying until then.

Anywho, your "International Well Hung Reporter Stud Guy" (copyright ChicagoSam) is going for another run and find some breakfast. Next time I write you all, it will be from Akutan, Alaska (my home).

Thanks for all your PMs and stay safes while I have been here, I appericate it.

Take Care and Rock on,

Damiaen
Live from Larnaca, Cyprus

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Damiaen, can I please just remind you that every word on these pages is google-searchable, and that while it is one thing for someone to post a bit of gossip on a celebrity thread here, it is quite another for one named work colleague to make a negative comment about another named work colleague in the public eye. At that point, there is the potential for issues of defamation and libel start to come into play. I'm only saying this out of concern for you.

Damiaen Michaels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey All,

Good Evening for Anchorage. I just don't have it in me (nor is there any flights running) to make it home....so I am crashing for the night in Anchorage. Finally made it home.

KTUU Anchor John Tracy took my place in Cyprus (and yes OrcaBomber, Cypriot women ARE beautiful)...so I took the old C-130 straight home. No stop in Germany....so I bounced my way all the way back to Alaska.

I, again, thank you all for your kind comments, stay safes, and PMs. I will be responded to a few in a couple.

Take Care all...and Rock on,

Damiaen