Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Excuse me for probably being dense, but what part, other than some bad comedy, could be considered offensive?

**So hard for emotions and intensions to be clearly communicated sometimes, so just want to assure you that this was not asked in a sarcastic manner at all** :redface:

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Am I the only one who feels that 16 year old boys shouldn't be watching a show about this?

Really jj, I see where you're coming from and I guess that I have been desesitized to where I didn't look at it from that aspect. More and more is becoming acceptable that wouldn't be heard of just a few years ago.

Probably not- I suspect that many of the Tea Party movement and other friends of Sarah Palin would not like it.

Not cool :frown1:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Am I the only one who feels that 16 year old boys shouldn't be watching a show about this?

If you could bring yourself to actually describe why that clip upsets you so badly (instead of righteous indignation) then perhaps I could see your point.

What is there about it that you find so horrifying?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the show kinda seems like teenwolf.. instead being a werewolf, young blood has a huge peen.

i doubt there will be any shots of junk.. doubt the show will revolve around his penis.. the point seems to be laughs mixed into coming of age/into your own.

when you compare the other programs offered up by the same network Hung Jr seems down right tame. played more for laughs than titillation.

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Im not too fond of the last part dealing with Madea Goes to Jail, but other than that I seems like the same soup warmed over. It looks like a show about a geek with a big dick. Some 16yr olds geeks may have this issue as we speak (well as we type) I just wonder will it be a show about a jumbo dick or a geek who makes his high school realize that being yourself is what's cool?

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My only problem with this MTV show - and some other MTV shows - is that somewhere along the line, the network executives have forgotten what the 'M' stands for.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And now for some Hollywood Algebra: "My So-Called Life" + "Napoleon Dynamite" x "Hung" / No Originality = The Hard Times of RJ Berger :rolleyes:

Not offended... just wish that it wasn't so obviously predictable.

I'd take a teenager to see a movie like Saved over this any day of the week.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Would probably work better as a one off film me thinks but not offensive.
Agreed. It felt a lot more like a movie trailer than anything else.

Offensive? Probably not. It's a nerd with a big dick, I don't think anyone will actually be offended.

ck85x65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You are 25 going on 50 ..... Offensive ? Not offensive ? Are you kidding us ?

Your post would have made more sense had you titled it " Stupid / More stupid ? "'

Or " Inane / Puerile ? "

Or is it that Americans these days are offended by frickin' everything ?

In highschool, where sports are the sign of masculinity, I was a total failure. Early puberty and compressed periods of significant physical growth made me awkward and uncoordinated. I tried out for a football team, once, and the teacher was at least gracious in telling me I didn't make the team. On the way back to the showers, I heard a couple of derogatory and mocking comments about my effort / ability / clumsiness, which frankly bugged me, because at least I had tried, which I considered a personal accomplishment.

Let's just say, when I stripped and walked into the open showers, most conversation stopped, thanks to what I had hanging between my legs. Yeah, I know, childish, but I was the biggest guy - length and girth -- in the room. Most of the guys treated me very different from then on, even though I avoided sports teams.

Is that enough to build a TV show around. Apparently some people think so. I personally think that the joke lasts about 15 minutes tops, and after that will come either boredom or hugely formulaic television.

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
It's offensive in that I lost several minutes of my life watching the promo and if I'm forced to watch anymore, it's tantamount to torture.

Yet another wildly unrealistic show about the nerd getting the hotty. The twist is that he's hung. News flash: hung doesn't mean shit. Especially in high school. Social status is THE most important thing when you're a teenager. You can be a hung nerd and still not get the hotty because she's going to gravitate towards her own kind. The universe doesn't operate like LPSG.

As I've said many times before, the only people that thing dick size is an important factor are people that have no other factors worth consideration.