Office etiquette???

Media
well thanks for your advice. it seems like you got experience on all this ;)

seriously, it isn't THAT serious. I think after today when he gets the impression that i am not simply responding he'll stop. I'm sure of that. He is one of those casual supervisors which could explain why he is the way he is. But I still don't think i misread his actions towards me. He got this position according to someone who knows the real story by "hustling" one of the owners of the company who happens to be gay and is gaga over him. There is NO WAY in that company someone can be a supervisor after only a few months working on the lower level. Favors were passed ;)

DallasMarine

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A few years ago my boss hired my assistant for me. He was totally hot. Cute little country boy. Instead of coming into my office and sitting in the chairs there was a two drawer filing cabinet in front of the windows that he would sit on. This kid had the biggest package that I had ever seen. On Friday's he would wear boxers and it would hang down his leg. Other times he would come around the desk and lean over me to show me something on the computer. A few times his package would rub my arm. It was like an electric shock shooting through me. I don't think he ever caught on. I think my boss hired him just to torture me. He had a young little hot think I always gave him hell about.

Back to the point. Don't shit where you eat. Little crude...but it gets the point across. Let it go. Anything that happens can only lead to regrets.

• Love
Reactions: Bluto.The.Terrible
Media
Today I came out at work! it's a big deal for me because this is the first job i've ever done this!
I was just so sick and tired of the homophobic jokes done at my expense indirectly. Like today one of my co-workers said "oh why is it that gay men are soooo superficial and self obsessed i mean that is soooo GAY!" and when he said gay he said that like that's the worst thing in the world! I mean noone is gonna say something about blacks or latinos simply because we got both races in our little group at work. So i stood up and said "i'm sorry but I'm gay and these little gay comments are quite offensive to me. I need to be honest if we're gonna be cool here with each other."
I felt like a huge weight was taken off me and i honestly didn't care if anyone will hold that against me there.
my co-worker apologized and i accepted.
it was a good day. :)

maybe now my supervisor will leave me alone since i'm sure he won't want to be guilty by association by getting too close to me.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Today I came out at work! it's a big deal for me because this is the first job i've ever done this!
I was just so sick and tired of the homophobic jokes done at my expense indirectly. Like today one of my co-workers said "oh why is it that gay men are soooo superficial and self obsessed i mean that is soooo GAY!" and when he said gay he said that like that's the worst thing in the world! I mean noone is gonna say something about blacks or latinos simply because we got both races in our little group at work. So i stood up and said "i'm sorry but I'm gay and these little gay comments are quite offensive to me. I need to be honest if we're gonna be cool here with each other."
I felt like a huge weight was taken off me and i honestly didn't care if anyone will hold that against me there.
my co-worker apologized and i accepted.
it was a good day. :)

maybe now my supervisor will leave me alone since i'm sure he won't want to be guilty by association by getting too close to me.

Good on you for doing that. I hope you find things easier at work from now on. :wink:

Media
ok so it's been like a week and a half since i came out at my job and it's been interesting. I was hoping that my supervisor would back off now but such is not the case. I'm actually a bit confused by him. I now for sure he was told because one of my co-workers admitted to me that she went up to him to tell him the little incident with me coming out only because she was concerned i was going to the HR department to file a complaint. I assured that i wouldn't only because i could take care of myself and if i got a problem with someone i'll go up to the person directly on my own. Anyways, if anything my supervisor has been getting closer to me and i could give so many examples believe me! It's not that he makes me uncomfortable PLEASE. it's just that i'm not into him THAT way. I think he's either trying to look out for me and protecting me OR he's feeling more confident in his advancement now that he's gotten the confirmation he needs.
I even spoke to my other co-worker about him and him being a str8 guy did feel there was something weird about him in the sense of not being 100% str8.
My supervisor's b-day is coming up this week and I was thinking about getting him a simple gift and telling him that it's a friendship gift so he'll get the picture but then i worry that he'll read too much into it and think of it as me giving him the greenlight. hmmmm what to do......

anyways, like i said before this coming out experience has been liberating and great! I haven't been discriminated just yet i guess because i'm not a flaming queen lol
and so far i've made friends with my str8 co-worker who hunts pussy like a madman! LOL

it's been all good i have to admit :)

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexual jokes should not be made in the office, I know it happen but it shouldn't and I don't follow up on pass on work. What happen if one day you all don't speak. It will be hell at work. My job wouldn't let a wife and husband work in the same department.