Official dating advice thread!

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by shyyguy123, Dec 16, 2010.

1. shyyguy123

shyyguy123 Member

I'm not sure why there isn't one of these already? Who doesn't or couldn't use dating advice? I'll start it off:

I recently went out with a girl who I couldn't read at all. This is a 1st for me as I have always been able to get a good read on whether they were interested or not up until now (I'm fairly new to dating but have been on a lot of dates over the past year).

The 1st date was decent. I like to keep 1st dates pretty short just to see if I'm interested in pursuing it further. I didn't feel an immediate connection but not all 1st dates are perfect...

Anyway I hit her up 2 days after the 1st date to see if she wanted to do something with me later in the day. She said maybe and to check back with her later. I did but she said her horse was sick and had to tend to him (she owns more than 1 horse). Three days after that I hit her up to see if she wanted to go out with me that weekend. She sounded interested and said something to the effect of "just let me make sure I don't have anything going on" and she'd let me know by that night or the next morning. The next morning she said she'd have to work overtime that saturday so she couldn't.

I don't plan on hitting her up again. She'll hit me up if she's really interested right? What do you guys think her interest level is? Anytime a girl gives you two excuses in a row that can't be a good sign, even if they are legit reasons.

2. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

2 brush offs from a girl means move on. Unless she said something like "I have to work Sat night, but how about a movie tomorrow instead?" then it's a no go and on to the next girl!

3. EmJay

EmJay New Member

Prettyswing is right..she's not that interested in you.. Let her be.. maybe one day when she feels she is bored and lonely she might check up on you again to see if you want to go out..by that time you will see if you feel like it or not. But in the mean time just move on to the next date handsome..

4. shyyguy123

shyyguy123 Member

Yah I figured that and I had no intention of initiating contact again.

Interesting, this is the 1st woman I've gone out with that apparently isn't interested in meeting up again after the 1st date. Kind of sucks doesn't it lol? Like I said I'm pretty new to dating but I've gone out with about 8 women since I started about a year ago.

We met on an online dating site. I use those because I'm insanely shy and have trouble approaching in real life. She seemed pretty eager to meet up with me so I wonder what turned her off on the date.

5. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

I've known a few people that are very outgoing in the virtual realm, but when it comes to a face to face meet and greet, completely the opposite! Maybe that was her case?

6. EmJay

EmJay New Member

Or she didnt have a date lined up the day you met and is actually also meeting others..

You don' know..i have dealt with so many 'rejections' and so many that I have rejected. To me dating is the weirdest phase in a single person's life.

Its no use wondering about dates..because they are not the ones that matter yet.
    She has decided for whatever reason that you didnt rock her boat enough..

A few more rejections..and you will enter upon this whole process differently..:).
    So relax..it wasn't about YOU at all..because she doesn't know you..

#6 EmJay, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  7. guynmn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    When I was dating if I asked and got a no or maybe leading to a no without an alternate suggestion I took it as meaning no interest. Most times when I was dating I was being chased and if I had no interest I would give similar responses as in the OP, a no with excuse end of story. If I had interest but was legitimately busy I ALWAYS suggested another option because I wanted to go out again. All boils down to how interested and how willing to make a time work.

Draft saved Draft deleted