Oh Dear Lord!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh Dear Lord! That California mom of octuplets already has 6 children at home. :yikes: :wtf1: :irked:

ABC News: Octuplet Mom May Have Already Had 6 Kids
Outside the family's home, bikes and toddler toys were scattered across the front yard. Neighbors told ABC News that the woman is a single mother in her thirties who already has six other children. It appears the family will live in a three-bedroom house bursting with babies when the octuplets are released from the hospital in an estimated two months.

I can't begin to fathom why she would do this. Was she a surrogate? Was she mentally ill? Is she competeing with Michele Duggar? What kind of doctor gives fertility drugs to a woman who already has 6 children?

I can only speak for myself; but if I had 6 children and was single, with no job, I'd give serious thought to using birth control. Then again I am one of those 'looney liberals.'

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No f-ing kidding njqt466! I was like "Good for her, she finally has the children she has been dreaming of" when I first herd the story. Now it's like holy sh*t! What kind of DR. dose this when she has 6 already?! Then like you I thought is she trying to beat Michele Duggar? God I hope not!

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Creativity?........... I always thought it was sort of stupid to do that myself. Ok Jessie, James, Jerry, Jesus, Jim, Josh, Jake, Jamie, Jeramiah, Jackie, Julie, Juliet, Jacar, Joseph, Joe, Jasmine, Jolie, Jewl, Jebadiah, Janice, Janiece, June and Jeramy, Lets go bowling!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She could have the Duggar family beat after another litter!
But do all of her children's names start with the same letter? Now that takes creativity.
That's not creativity. That is pretty much the antithesis of creativity. I hate when people do that nonsense.

I saw that on the local news tonight. The Dr's are keeping her identity and reasons for taking the fertility drugs private.
They better keep her identity private, otherwise women that want children and can't have them will be stoning that stupid bitches house! :12: :mad:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
maybe they mislabeled the fertility drugs as anti-psychotics? i mean if the crazy woman needed medication something in the realm of mood regulation would have been a better choice.

i return to my original theory of hamster style cannibalism. so gonna happen.

ml

meerin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
maybe they mislabeled the fertility drugs as anti-psychotics? i mean if the crazy woman needed medication something in the realm of mood regulation would have been a better choice.
I love that explanation.

Not only is she a single mom, but she lives with her parents in a 3 bedroom home. That means 14 kids and a mom in 2 bedrooms.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
She had SIX kids already??? HOLY FUCK :eek::eek:

Woman needs to be hospitalized... She don't need more hands to work the fields or such. Why would she take fertility drugs to have more kids? The chances of naturally conceiving so many eggs at one time are so remote that there are only a HANDFUL of cases in all of recorded Western medical history! There is more to this story I'm sure. It makes no sense why she wants to remain anonymous, NONE! She will go down in the record books for sure.

List of multiple births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i return to my original theory of hamster style cannibalism. so gonna happen.

ml
The hamster quote makes me giggle everytime I read that you say that.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
[/b]That's not creativity. That is pretty much the antithesis of creativity. I hate when people do that nonsense.

They better keep her identity private, otherwise women that want children and can't have them will be stoning that stupid bitches house! :12: :mad:

And/or surreptitiously stealing one or two in which case it's unlikely she'd even notice.

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh Dear Lord! That California mom of octuplets already has 6 children at home. :yikes: :wtf1: :irked:

[/color]

I can't begin to fathom why she would do this. Was she a surrogate? Was she mentally ill? Is she competeing with Michele Duggar? What kind of doctor gives fertility drugs to a woman who already has 6 children?

I can only speak for myself; but if I had 6 children and was single, with no job, I'd give serious thought to using birth control. Then again I am one of those 'looney liberals.'

Here's a link to an interesting story. Everyone should make sure to read the last two paragraphs. Oh, here they are in case you miss them:

"Who am I to say that six is the limit?" said Dr. Jeffrey Steinberg, medical director of Fertility Institutes, which has clinics in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York City. "There are people who like to have big families."

Dr. James Grifo, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the NYU School of Medicine, added: "I don't think it's our job to tell them how many babies they're allowed to have. I am not a policeman for reproduction in the United States. My role is to educate patients."

Family: Octuplets' mother has 6 other children - Yahoo! News

CLYDE

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Octuplets Mom Already Has 6 Young Children

Why is a woman with 6 kids allowed fertility treatments? another report said she was a single mother

"Outside the family's home, bikes and toddler toys were scattered across the front yard. Neighbors told ABC News that the woman is a single mother in her thirties who already has six other children. It appears the family will live in a three-bedroom house bursting with babies when the octuplets are released from the hospital in an estimated two months. "

------------------------------------------

BELLFLOWER -- The woman who gave birth to octuplets earlier this week already has six young children, including a set of twins, and never expected that the fertility treatment she received would result in eight babies, her mother says.
In an interview with the L.A. Times, Angela Suleman says her daughter had embryos implanted last year. "They all happened to take," Suleman said, leading to the eight births on Monday.
"I looked at those babies. They are so tiny and so beautiful," she said. "It's going to be difficult," adding that the woman's father is going back to Iraq, where neighbors said he works as a contractor, to help support the family.
Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center physician Harold Henry confirmed that the mother came there after she was pregnant and was counseled, but chose not to selectively abort some of the fetuses.
"What do you suggest she should have done? She refused to have them killed," Suleman said. "That is a very painful thing."
In a statement read by Dr. Karen Maples on Thursday evening, the unidentified woman said she understands people are curious and in the future will share details about what she termed a "miraculous experience."
"The babies continue to grow strong every day and make good progress. My family and I are ecstatic about all of their arrivals. Needless to say, the eighth was a surprise to us all, but a blessing as well," the statement went on to say.
The woman, said to be in her 30's, and her children live with her parents on a cul-de-sac in Whittier, according to reports.
As for the octuplets, doctors say the six boys and two girls continue to do "amazingly well."
Seven of the babies are breathing on their own, and have begun receiving tube-feedings of donated breast milk.
Doctors say they advise against higher-order births, but acknowledge the choice is not theirs to make.

"Who am I to say that six is the limit?" said Dr. Jeffrey Steinberg, medical director of Fertility Institutes, which has clinics in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York City. "There are people who like to have big families."

Multiple births can be dangerous for babies and their mother, and in some cases, may result in lasting health problems.

However, in cases where a woman insists on having multiple births, there's a limit to a doctor's role.
"You can't mandate a reduction of pregnancies," said Dr. Daniel Mishell, professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine. "You can advise them, but you can't mandate them."
The octuplets were delivered Monday by caesarian section 9 1/2 weeks early.
The babies ranged in weight from 1 pound, 8 ounces to 3 pounds, 4 ounces. They are the second set of surviving octuplets born in the United States.
The babies were expected to remain hospitalized for several weeks and could face serious developmental delays because of their small size.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Let's pray that this woman isn't on Welfare... because if she is, certain people on this board are gonna have a field day.

But I digress... she already had 6 children? Is she trying to give birth to her own personal football team or something, WITH cheerleaders?

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The story on Yahoo that I posted in the other thread about this has a little bit of information about the fertility treatment and multiple fertilized eggs. The woman refused to terminate any of the growing embryos/fetuses. As part of the legality of abortion, a woman's "choice" should not be questioned regardless of what choice she makes in my opinion. The doctors also had only anticipated seven from ultrasound. Gee! Bet they were surprised to find the eighth during the c-section.

Now, with that being said, as for the issue of public assistance, welfare, or any other name one might call it, I can only proffer three points.

For a family of 16 (two parents and 14 children), the income guidelines to be at the poverty level in the US is $66,930 USD. That truly means a barebones, impoverished lifestyle. Most state and federal programs set an income ceiling of much more than that to allow for assistance, in fact, some are 500% of poverty guideline amounts. So, unless this family is making at least $330,000 USD per year, they will receive some type of taxpayer assistance.

With octuplets, I'm sure there will be commercial opportunities galore from various companies, such as Gerber, Toys R Us, Baby Gap, Pampers, and the like. Most people with "just" quadruplets wind up with most expenses paid for by commercial endorsements of some kind.

Last, it would be hard to attack this family by the most-likely predatory villains -- the radical right-wing conservatives and religious radicals. This family is a walking advertisement for the Bible's "be fruitful and multiply!" Any bashing of them by member of those groups will be met with a conflagration of outrage.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited: