Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
They're a sovereign nation, not a sovereign state (country.)

Well if you're going to be pedantic its "State" :tongue:

they're a State because they have their own territory, and they govern themselves. they're also a nation, but i really don't feel like its necessary to differentiate between the two.

also, i'm pretty sure they technically aren't even referred to as "sovereign nation (or state)" but i'd have to look it up.

but call it whatever you want, doesn't change the point.

1Cody

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
tribalism is not confined to indians. europe is full of tribes. As I understand it the white man US is also made of many tribes. Never forget it!

Good point, but here on the reservations all of one tribe is segregated in a defined area. That segregation allows for the group dynamics to be in play each day. If my cousin twice removed gets a good paying job welding at a local factory. I am happy for him. Maybe he can even afford to buy health insurance for his 4 children and provide for his family in a prosperous manner. What if he competitively beat out my 2nd cousin for the same job? All sorts of jealousy, competition, and ill will results. Then maybe my 2nd cousin starts a negative campaign against my cousin twice removed. The backlash reaches his wife's workplace and the school where his children attend. What is in fact really a good thing turns into a major liability for the cousin with the good job. All joy that he may have felt in his good fortune evaporates and it is now a liability and he has to feel like he has to apologize for doing good! I don't think the white man's tribalism is at play everyday in this regard.