Oh, It makes my head hurt!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FLbjbud, Oct 1, 2008.

1. FLbjbud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Who to believe, who to the believe?????????????????? It seems like one minute there will be a commercial on tv saying this canidate did this or voted this way...five minutes later there will be a commercial from the opponent saying, 'oh no, this canidate is misleading' going in to detail about what the fool in the first commercial said and how it is not true.
    So after I got through the massive headache that the 50-something ads for canidates I came up with a conclusion. The election is not about who is best qualified, or even one's past voting record, but about which one can convince the masses that thier opponent is a sack of lying shit.

Is it like that in other states or is North Carolina the only one????

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

It's like a court case; the best liar wins.

3. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

The ads are a joke on both sides. Just TiVo the debates and form your opinions there. It usually boils down to who do you despise less.

4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Like that everywhere.

They are trying to use the same techniques they use to sell you deodorant, to sell you a president.

Pay ZERO attention to advertising messages- they are ALL bullshit, on both sides.

All you need to know is in the FACTS of what is actually occurring.
    Soon to be 11.8 trillion dollar national debt.
    The makings of a new great depression.
    TWO wars- one of which has no real purpose- costing a trillion dollars.
    Bin Laden still at large after 6 years of war... ( we managed to defeat Germany and Japan in Less than 4.)

The Situation this nation is in after a decade of republican rule is the one inescapable fact.

And the choice is between putting the same ideology from the same party back in the drivers seat...
    Or taking a chance on an entirely different driver.

Personally- I am a true independant. I vote what I feel is best for the Nation- regardless of party.
    I can not support the republicans again until they can admit their free market manipulations do not work... I can not support the Republicans again until they swear TRUE allegiance to the Constitution of this nation.

IF so much as ONE republican can refuse to comply with a legal subopoena without the entire party rising in condemnation...
    they don't deserve ANY votes from anyone believing in the rule of Law.

Screw your flag lapel pins...
    The Constitution IS our Nation.... Nation First-

ITs NOT football. Not a "home team".

Being a true member of the electorate of a free country means you hold your representatives FEET to the fire of obeying the law.

Being a patriot means supporting your COUNTRY always, and your Government when it DESERVES it.

The founders gave US the option of a political revolution every 4 years.

Exercise your option.

5. B_spotted_duck

B_spotted_duck New Member

You'd get my vote... Pardon me while I go move my money offshore.

6. pym

pym New Member

Just my 2 cents, You really don't know at this point whom your going to vote for? And what concerns me personally, is that that your decision to vote one way or the other might be influenced this late in the game by Political "ATTACK" ads{Or the 'DEBATES' for that matter},all so carefully contrived and manipulative.....I'm not saying this is the case for you, but for a frightningly large percent of the U.S., that is exactly the case. Only 40 % of ELIGIBLE voters participated in the last 2 presidential elections. Less than that gave a shit enough to vote in congresssional and senate races. Which imply's that the current administration got in on, at best 21 % of that. If George Bush's current "APPROVAL" is ....STILL....@ 27 %, do you think it's still a long shot that MORE OF THE SAME is an impossibility? I'm just say'in....

7. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    The current situation is probably the only one that makes me happy I have no money invested in anything and 3 more years to plot a course through the shitstorm that's just starting to hit

8. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

It never ceases to amaze me - out of so many potentials these are the best two we can come up with????

9. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can tell you right now that Pat McCrory is a deregulation and free market fanatic... but Bev most likely can't defeat him as he is leading in the polls.

Dole needs to go... she is a member of the ultra conservative right and opposes things like stem cell research and national health care. She is also a deregulation hound and a defense hawk. She voted No on a bill providing $100 to reduce teen pregnancy by education and contaceptives.

Robin Hayes has to go as well... During his 2004 election campaign, Hayes was the second largest recipient of the former House Majority Leader's campaign contributions. Tom DeLay is being prosecuted on charges of felony money laundering of campaign finances and conspiracy to launder money. To date, Hayes has not offered to return any of the $47,722 he received.

He is also the fifth most richest man in congress.

The Charlotte Observer reported that Rep. Hayes has drawn criticism in recent months for voting in favor of CAFTA after stating only days before that he would never vote for the measure because he felt it would cause further loss of textile industry jobs. Hayes changed his "no" to a "yes" at the last minute, helping the agreement squeak a pass. Then House speaker Dennis Hastert reportedly approached Hayes the night of the House vote - at midnight, in the House Cloak Room - and told him they needed his vote. As a result of his vote change, the Charlotte Observer reports that Hayes is getting "high-profile, expensive help in his [2006] re-election bid" from the Republican Party, including a $10,000 campaign contribution from Hastert's leadership PAC.

The Charlotte observer also reported that In December 2006, Hayes told the Concord Rotary Club that stability in Iraq ultimately depends on "spreading the message of Jesus Christ, the message of peace on earth, good will towards men... Everything depends on everyone learning about the birth of the savior." After the speech Hayes said that he was speaking in "the context of spreading Christian principles rather than Christianity."

10. B_starinvestor

This is actually a very good buying opportunity right now.

11. B_starinvestor

see attachment

Attached Files:

12. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh totally, I mean I'm just glad I had no poorly placed retirement funds to watch go up in smoke over the past few weeks. If I had any money to invest I'd 100% be doing it right now. Just a question of where.

#12 Qua, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  13. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:

:alcoholic:

14. FLbjbud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have been well aware gets my vote from the beginning. More or less I was just ranting, and thought I would share an observation.

Draft saved Draft deleted