Oh Joey Heatherton You Rascal!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HellsKitchenmanNYC, Aug 6, 2010.

1. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    It seemed (when I was a kid) that JH was everywhere. Dean Martin roasts and his tv show, tv commercials and everywhere else. She even had a tv show w/her dad. It seems all those great singer dancers fell by the wayside during disco and never resurfaced. It was cute to see that commercial again! Oh JOey oh Joey!

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Wow now that's someone I have not thought about in years. Maybe she and Lola Falana hang out and talk about the good old days.

3. DeepDish

DeepDish Member

Albums:
  4. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:

God only knows I think Lola came down w/MS or someting like it. Now she was a hot ticket too!

5. ronin001

Gold Member

Albums:
    Goldie Hawn still kicking and still pretty hott

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Anyone who remembers Spy Magazine will recall how Joey got turned into an adjective ("Joey-Hethertonish") in a way that suggested something far from pleasant. I was never able to think about her the same way again.

Out of respect to both the OP and Ms Hetherton, I won't repeat the insinuation.

7. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I remember that magazine..but I must have missed that issue. I think I was just trying to point out that all these talented gals are part of a time gone by. Unless you could, or anyone possibly point out a new Susan Anton,,,

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I have a PLAYBOY with her in it, and damn she's smokin'.

9. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I always thought she was talented but had this kind of community theatre edge that made her kind of too much. But yes, she was everywhere...Mike Douglas is what I remember. I was in college and had the cover of the Inquirer on my door for a week when they had a big picture of her drawn out face with the caption, "Friends say Joey Heatherton's legs like tooth picks, face like death mask!" I always thought, "Gee if that's what her friends say what must her enemies be saying about her?" LOL. Classic cover. I am throwing her name in for the movie musical Sunset Blvd.

10. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    That was very much the JH adjective tossed about at Spy (and it was hardly a single issue).

Though she'd be marvelous, I think a fully-updated version of Sunset Blvd with Ann-Margret (done as an icon from the early 60s) would literally kick some major fucking ass: jus'sayin' :cool:

11. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    OK, Ann Margret...I saw her in Best Little Whore House a few years back. She was good but her entrance was at the top of these stairs. She came out and planted herself to wait for the initial applause that did not immediatly happen until the queens realized ol Annie aint comin down the stairs until we do clap...so everyone did..and then she started walking down. At one point she must have removed her corset back stage to cover one of the last songs...it was like she doubled in size between scenes. It was shocking. But I could see her as Norma...would still like a black and white world view though...now back to Joey Heatherton...maybe she could play Betty Shafer's friend that drives her over to Norma's at the end of the play...or MAX...or the dead monkey. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted