Oh no my friend was murdered!

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Hells, I feel for you man, I've lost 2 of my closest friends. While I'll acknowledge that the grief wears away with time, I never stop missing them, and the emotions keep hitting, anger that they're not here, sadness, always the same love.

Sometimes I wake up screaming out Isaac's name even now 8 years on. My partner sorts me out, calms me, wipes away my tears.

I've told my remaining close friends that they are not allowed to die before me, I'm definitely popping my clogs next...if there's any justice in this world anyway....:wink:

I know (I hope) that you'll find the inner strength to get through this emotionally intact.
Stay strong mate.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
That's rough man. Keep on keeping on.
Listen to some good music. Go for walks. Drink some wine.
Those are things I would try to do if I was in your situation.

Here are some song lyrics that I always think of when things get really real.
They are sad, but I believe if you can embrace sadness, you can avoid becoming numb.

If I ever leave this world alive
I'll thank for all the things you did in my life
I'll come back down and sit beside your
feet tonight
Wherever I am you'll always be
More than just a memory

I'll take on all the sadness
That I left behind
The madness that you feel will soon subside
So in a word don't shed a tear
I'll be here when it all gets weird

So when in doubt just call my name
Just before you go insane
If I ever leave this world
Hey I may never leave this world
But if I ever leave this world alive

She says I'm okay; I'm alright,
Though you have gone from my life
You said that it would,
Now everything should be all right

She says I'm okay; I'm alright,
Though you have gone from my life
You said that it would,
Now everything should be all right
Yeah should be alright

Flogging Molly

edit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdR9Ti0ojVk

You really need to hear the song with the lyrics.

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thx for that and thinking of me. I've been floating bween denial, sadness and anger. I got drunk last nite and said alot of nasty things to people I don't know and should have kept to myself. Like everyting else I can't change it now but try to move beyond it. T'row I'm having a memorial for my friend here in nYC. I hope that provides further healing to alot of people I know.
This is a song, while very dramatic, is something I have in mind for my friend: YouTube - Goodbye My Friend By Linda Ronstadt

Thx for that and thinking of me. I've been floating bween denial, sadness and anger. I got drunk last nite and said alot of nasty things to people I don't know and should have kept to myself. Like everyting else I can't change it now but try to move beyond it. T'row I'm having a memorial for my friend here in nYC. I hope that provides further healing to alot of people I know.
This is a song, while very dramatic, is something I have in mind for my friend: YouTube - Goodbye My Friend By Linda Ronstadt

Said it before and I say it again. You're a mensch for performing this mitzvah. Mazel tov to you!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Any further information from the police investigation on the relationship amongst the principals involved ?

"Investigators were looking into what relationship existed among the victims."

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nothing I know of. We'll NEVER know what really happened and well have to live w/that. It sucks but it's the truth and the truth sucks alot of the time.

Bull please stay in touch you're such a nice guy! I had fun mtg you!

I hope t'row goes well and some closure can come just from us all coming together. I send special waves to my friends that died recently and hope they make it to the other side ok and intact. I hope to dream of them.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hells,
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and lots of us rom here will be sending our thoughts and support your way.

Later in the week I will PM you and share how I dealt with a sudden death and hope it helps.

Big supportive hugs, Jim

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really need to thank you all again so much. This really has been terrible and coupled w/the fact that my other friend of 30 yrs died late last year, it's been alot. Your words and sentiments and pm's have meant alot to me. I haven't been able to answer all the pm's because frankly there were too many and I was overwhelmed by it. But I did read them and was very moved.
The memorial tnite was great, I had photos posted all over and some done up on foam core w.stands, the memory book and a pal made cd's to give out to folks. A pal brought an amp w/a mic and ipod w/good swing tunes and we all made rememberences to the room. We got to show her movies on a large screen tv on a loop. It was great to be in a room of friends and go thru this together. I thot I'd feel better afterwards. I don't really but it was good. If that makes sense.

I think, HKM, that you'll find tonight was very important to you.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think, HKM, that you'll find tonight was very important to you.

I hope y're right and I know you are. With so many unaswered questions since the killer is also dead it's just gonna take a bit more time to fully realize it is what it is and there are NEVER going to be answers.