Ohio - Dog Freezes to death

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rikter8, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. Rikter8

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    Messages:
    4,488
    Albums:
    3
    Likes Received:
    51
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    MI
    DDB: Ohio Dog Frozen: No Chained Dogs!

    This is just disgusting.

    I wish that they would freeze this man's balls with liquid nitrogen, then shatter them with a hammer.

    Why don't states have more strict laws on animal cruelty?

    Please remember our furry friends during these cold temperatures.
    When it dips below 35F, bring them in!!
    They have feelings too.
     
  2. D_N Flay Table

    D_N Flay Table New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2006
    Messages:
    2,757
    Likes Received:
    7

    yeah that breaks my balls..
    fucking assholes.
    they should be left outside for awhile.
     
  3. jfrsndvs

    jfrsndvs Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2006
    Messages:
    359
    Albums:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Quincy (IL, US)
    what I find disturbing is that according to that report, the dog was chained to a pole, nothing said about a dog house, if there is a dog house with straw inside it, the dog could have kept itself alive from his own body heat, just a small little shed with some straw is all that dog needed, what a damn dirty shame.

    the report didn't say what kind of dog this was, I would have to assume that it was a smaller dog that was used to being indoors all the time, if it was a larger dog that was used to being outdoors, it would have most likely survived.

    I have a Beagle, she is kept inside the house, except for her outings to do her business and for walks, there is no way that if I was to chain that dog up outside in frigid temperatures that she would survive, if she was used to being outside all the time, then her chances of survival in colder weather would be more possible, the same goes with cats too.

    I just don't understand peoples thought process when it comes to doing something as stupid as deliberatly putting the life of a animal or child at risk, obviously this dork should not have even owned a pet to start with, and just leaving it there for two days after it died, I will never understand that. such a sad thing.
     
  4. dags

    dags New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2006
    Messages:
    254
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midwest
    Does anyone watch Animal Precinct, Animal Cops on t.v? So sad, but its fun to see the success stories when they do save an animal from horrifying situations.
     
  5. MH07

    MH07 Member

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2004
    Messages:
    438
    Albums:
    1
    Likes Received:
    14
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Houston
  6. DGirl

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1,811
    Likes Received:
    4
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Somewhere on EARTH.
    I believe in that also!!!:mad:
     
  7. MagicTongue

    MagicTongue New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2006
    Messages:
    158
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    WA
    We have two cats here at home, One is a purely indoor cat, the other loves going outside. We've had some very low temperatures lately with snow and ice on the ground, so Midnight, the outdoors lover does not get to go outside until the weather warms up a good bit.
     
  8. DGirl

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1,811
    Likes Received:
    4
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Somewhere on EARTH.
    I have two cats also!!!
    Yeah, another cat lover!!
    But, mines are indoor ONLY
     
  9. Heather LouAnna

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2006
    Messages:
    1,723
    Albums:
    1
    Likes Received:
    21
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Austin, Texas
    I wonder how he came to have the dog in the first place. Seems like he wasn't used to or didn't care about the responsibilities that would come along with owning a pet. Surely, if he didn't want it, he could have turned it over to his local animal shelter where it had a 70% chance of getting killed in a human manner. There is that 30% the dog would get adopted though.
     
  10. AlteredEgo

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2006
    Messages:
    14,446
    Albums:
    3
    Likes Received:
    6,520
    Location:
    United States
    I dunno. I think he was probably just stupid. The dog was well-fed and otherwise healthy according to the autopsy. Maybe the guy wasn't intentionally cruel, just dumb-as-they-come. Poor doggy. People shouldreally do some research into things before they bring any animal into their home and family. He really shoul dhaved known what temperatures his breed could withstand, and for how long, and what an outdoor pet needs to get through an Ohio winter.
     
  11. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2006
    Messages:
    6,378
    Likes Received:
    11
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    where the sun never sets
    Why does this article say the most upsetting thing was that he left the dog in the backyard for 2 days after it was dead? If it was already dead at that point.... who cares? Do dogs need to be buried promptly in order to get into doggy heaven?

    I'm sure there are probably lots of animals who die this way. I wouldn't expect to hear about it regularly, though.
     
  12. Rikter8

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    Messages:
    4,488
    Albums:
    3
    Likes Received:
    51
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    MI
    THIS is the story I was trying to find... I heard about it, but found the original post...

    I hope that they charge that hospital with the max criminal charges they can get their hands on.

    NIQ - the point of the story being the Most Upsetting part, is that they left the animal out there for 2 more days.
    Yes, the animal is dead at that point, but out of RESPECT for the animal you should wrap it up, or at least take it to the Vet to have it disposed of.

    The fact that the guy left it lay there for 2 days dead clearly shows that he had no concern for the animal whatsoever.
    Some people just shouldn't have pets. (Or kids)
     
  13. Rikter8

    Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    Messages:
    4,488
    Albums:
    3
    Likes Received:
    51
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    MI
    It was probably a Dog Alarm for people coming into the yard or protection for him.
    Some people get a dog because its "Fashionable", good watchdog for the yard, or protection.

    For those of us who treat our pets like our kids, It's a bit different.
     
  14. Wrat

    Wrat New Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2006
    Messages:
    806
    Albums:
    1
    Likes Received:
    21
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    I have a Weimaraner, which is a fairly large dog but she has very short hair. It is not a very good idea to leave these dogs outside on winter nights. They suffer in the cold. She has her own sheepskin to curl up on.
    That said, before we go and bust this guy's balls for being stupid or mean or cruel or all of that it might be useful to notice that he fed the dog and that he had kept it alive to a certain point. He may have cared for the dog. Most people are not perfect.

    It's always fun to bust somebody's balls like that though, so swing away.
     
  15. k9sport

    k9sport New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2007
    Messages:
    41
    Likes Received:
    0
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    U.S.A.
    Stories like this take me one step closer to hating the entire human species. I've always paid close attention to an individual's attitude toward animals - it tells a lot about their character.

    I have between four and eight large breed dogs at my house at any given moment in time (as part of a dog rescue network) - not one of them sleeps outside at night even though I live in a temperate climate. One, it's not safe for them or the local wild life outside at night. Two, they would be "having a party" all night and keeping my neighbors awake - the canine species is nocturnal.

    My ultimate animal pet peeve: the people who take their pets to the local animal shelter because "we are moving to a new house". GRRRRRRRR :mad: - will you take your children to the orphanage also?

    ranting now (takes deep breath), okay, better, will stop now ....

    K
     
Draft saved Draft deleted