Ohio politics, yet again

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by DC_DEEP, Jun 23, 2006.

1. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Hey hey, how 'bout Ney? MadameZ, (and everyone else) did you read the news this morning about Ney's statements to the DoJ? He lied, said he had no dealings with Abramoff, nor did he know anything about any Indian tribes. Hmm, the investigation reveals EXTENSIVE involvement with both, including money trading hands.

Now, hold on a minute... if he lied to the DoJ during an official investigation, isn't that (at the VERY minimum) obstruction of justice? I'll have to read a little more carefully and find out if he gave these statements under oath. If he did, well, that's a WHOLE 'nother story!

2. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's OHIO...did you expect anything else?

We were in Ohio last night for a trip...

I was thoroughly amazed on how strange people drive there.

Apparently you can be in a lane, that is supposed to be going straight, and make a U-Turn in the middle of an intersection. I saw like 5 people at separate occurances doing this.

Simply amazing that there arent pileups every 5 minutes down there.

3. davidjh7

Gold Member

Ahhh, but you forget---it is ok to be an idiot as a driver, as long as everybody is being the SAME KIND of idiot--at least if it is consistent, then people know what to expect and can plan for it....ry Seattle---where we are very culturally diverse. We represent ALL the idiot drivers on the planet, being inconsistent idiots...:rolleyes:

4. Ummagumma

Ummagumma New Member

I'm curious as to what part of the state you were in... I'd say damn near every person I've heard in my 21 years of life in northeast ohio has said something along the lines of it being totally different than the rest of the state. I'm not saying we're better drivers, but in all the situations I've been in where I'm around people from across the state (and I've been to a few) us 'northeasterners' really stick out like a sore thumb. For instance, lots of people associate ohio with farmland in their mind, which always makes me laugh because I've never really seen a farm in all my life here, lol.

5. Ummagumma

Ummagumma New Member

Oh yeah, one other thing: fuck ohio politics. Don't mean to be crass, but Columbus is nothing but loonies, and the local gov'ts ain't no better. :mad:

6. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

I've never felt a great urge to visit Ohio. Now it's confirmed.

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, AA, that's kinda the point, about the politics. One of our revered members is in that area, so she and I keep an eye on those disgusting Tafts and Neys....

8. madame_zora

Gold Member

Cincinnati is in the dictionary next to the word "conservative". Ney has been a longtime thorn in our sides, and he is as corrupt as any good ol' boy ought to be. Blackwell is another winner, I think it's a requirement here to have criminal intent to enter politics.

Conservativism is just an excuse to Make.Money.Fast. and it has been for the last fourty years. The only thing new about it is that a FEW people are finally getting fed up with it. Our only hope is to flood the media with these stories so that even the sheep who are glued to reality shows will be forced to get it. Looking around at my fellow Ohioans makes me want to bend over deep and kiss my ass goodbye.

Draft saved Draft deleted