OJ arrested. Whites elated.

biggunlover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Correction. He wasn't found "innocent." He was found "not guilty." There's a difference.

And in the civil trial he was found "liable" for the murders.

You are exactly right........

Weeks after the trial and before the civil trial a soundbite interview with two of the jurors they reitterated the fact that the prosecution failed to prove their case so 'not guilty' was the verdict. The guy juror then added that he wasn't found 'innocent'. I think that jurors were ask by several talk shows to be on the talk shows for a period and none of them accepted. The only thing they could come up with was sound bites from two of the jurors, really concise too.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Roland Martin's latest op-ed summed up this latest OJ fiasco pretty well:

Commentary: Admit it, America -- you can't get enough of O.J. - CNN.com

OJ is truly like America's proverbial train wreck. I come from a family that has a loathing of Simpson. When the Vegas story broke, my phone flooded with e-mail and text messages.

The even worse part is OJ knows this. Looking at his smug face smiling while arrested. You aren't sure whether he is thinking "I ain't going to jail for this, I'M OJ MOTHA-F***ING SIMPSON!" or "I'm back in prime time baby!"

I think the beautiful Vanessa Williams summed it up best when Pat O'Brien caught her on the red carpet at the Emmys asking if she had heard the news about OJ's latest arrest:

"What? I didn't know."

Thus proving ignorance is bliss. At least where it applies to knowledge of OJ Simpson.

OH! I almost forgot, we should also thank Fred Goldman. He has now filed to claim said items of memorabilia involved in this incident to help pay the $33,000,000 that OJ owes. Thanks Fred. That gas can really comes in handy at a bonfire.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't agree. One of the reasons I'm happy he's been arrested is that it makes me hopeful that he may be locked away forever and we may never hear from him again. I'm just happy that justice may, perhaps, prevail. But I have my doubts.

...Well at least we won't have to hear any more whining and bitchin about him at any rate...

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bush doesn't care about the innocent Iraqi civilians. People who support Bush will not look at the murders of the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians -- because Bush has told them not to.

Most blacks oppose Bush.

Most people who support Bush are white.

People often look the other way when "one of their own" commit wrongdoings.

Sigh...bigger sigh...You don't know me and so you cannot speak for me. I am an individual that makes up my own mind even if you think Bush has some kind of power over me to do otherwise. Please don't make those kind of general statements; to do so only perpetuates prejudice and racism. I know it is only your opinion and I can respect your right to your opinion but history does tend to repeat itself and I think we would all be better to remember not to speak in generalizations about others. We all have our own opinions and we do not fit into neat, tidy boxes.
I have mentioned on other threads about the fact that I was raped, and that my oldest daughter was raped. Should I then go around thinking and stating as fact that all men are evil, vile rapists? NO! To do so would prevent me from meeting, knowing and developing meaningful relationships in my life. Does it mean I have a hard time trusting? Hell yes. Does it mean I am afraid? Hell yes. Even so, I cannot assume all men or even most men would comitt the kind of henous crime for which that one sick individual was responsible. Please don't assume that I don't care about innocent people or that I can't make up my own mind on matters.
BTW, I am not trying to argue, just making a point. Hugs, kisses and all that good stuff to you.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
I think they are going to make an example of OJ this time. He is going to get almost as bad a sentence for armed robbery as he would have got if found guilty for murder. You know why? Because all the negative public opinion and the media making all these reports....What posseses OJ, who knows?...but I doubt that this trial is going to be very objective. And yeah, I think he wanted the attention, and maybe another book deal...but I don't think it is going to work out that way.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think they are going to make an example of OJ this time. He is going to get almost as bad a sentence for armed robbery as he would have got if found guilty for murder. You know why? Because all the negative public opinion and the media making all these reports....What posseses OJ, who knows?...but I doubt that this trial is going to be very objective. And yeah, I think he wanted the attention, and maybe another book deal...but I don't think it is going to work out that way.

You and Henry may be right. CBS News just reported that they are charging him with kidnapping amongst everything else. Maybe there is a Santa Claus.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You and Henry may be right. CBS News just reported that they are charging him with kidnapping amongst everything else. Maybe there is a Santa Claus.

Oh, Osiris, you really do have a good heart, don't you?:smile:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I don't agree. One of the reasons I'm happy he's been arrested is that it makes me hopeful that he may be locked away forever and we may never hear from him again. I'm just happy that justice may, perhaps, prevail. But I have my doubts.

Justice would prevail for which crime: the double murder or armed robbery? Remember, this arraignment and possible trial is only evaluating armed robbery. Past concerns about a double murder have no bearing on this trial. At most, OJ would serve 1, 2, of 5 years for armed robbery: Justice for armed robbery is not commensurate with Justice rendered for a double murder.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Justice would prevail for which crime: the double murder or armed robbery? Remember, this arraignment and possible trial is only evaluating armed robbery. Past concerns about a double murder have no bearing on this trial. At most, OJ would serve 1, 2, of 5 years for armed robbery: Justice for armed robbery is not commensurate with Justice rendered for a double murder.

Maybe and maybe not. Seems OJ is up on 11 charges.

From CNN:

The 11 charges include two counts of first-degree kidnapping with use of a deadly weapon; two counts of robbery with a deadly weapon; and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

Now, let's say you have a savvy prosecutor and judging that public sentiment does actually weigh in here. Seeing that it would appear Simpson is showing no remorse, he could be forced to serve the sentences independantly. That means that 5 years could go up to 30 some odd years. Now again, I highly doubt they would get that to stick as a judge would toss it on appeal I'm sure, but it is a nice thought.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder is the family of those murdered are upset he might get sent to jail for something so petty. After all, he owes them 33 million and he aint making that from jail. I would be pretty pissed off if I were them. Send him to jail for life for being a murderer, not for "armed" robbery. Fuck what everyone else in the country thinks the family should get paid. Him going to jail for this is taking away the familys compensation for losing their loved ones.

If I were in the family and he isn't going to jail for killing nicole and ron, then I want him free so he can pay up.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wonder is the family of those murdered are upset he might get sent to jail for something so petty. After all, he owes them 33 million and he aint making that from jail. I would be pretty pissed off if I were them. Send him to jail for life for being a murderer, not for "armed" robbery. Fuck what everyone else in the country thinks the family should get paid. Him going to jail for this is taking away the familys compensation for losing their loved ones.

If I were in the family and he isn't going to jail for killing nicole and ron, then I want him free so he can pay up.

True, a ruling is a ruling, but isn't there some clause that he has the right to maintain a certain amount for his living? And if that is the case, how can the families ever really get a dime out of him?

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Forgive the terribly politically incorrect title. But the racial division in this country really came to light back in the 1990s when he was let off for double murder. I remember the footage. Black crowds cheering at the verdict; whites furious. So, I recon that a decade down the line, it's the opposite now. Personally, I feel I can breathe a sigh of relief now.

I disagree that "whites" are elated.(Whoever "whites" are; I have yet to meet a person who is actually, literally white). Whatever is going on with OJ as a person is a tragedy. People who are human know that.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell, he aint been paying. Why do you think the Goldmans got the rights to that book of his? So they could at least get some compensation off his sorry ass. I say let him rot in jail, better yet fry his ass.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I can get my greta van susteren on for a second for the record I think this case is gonna fall apart, the charges don't seem too serious and the victims and circumstances just don't work. I bet the "victims" won't even testify against him.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I can get my greta van susteren on for a second for the record I think this case is gonna fall apart, the charges don't seem too serious and the victims and circumstances just don't work. I bet the "victims" won't even testify against him.

They are already talking that the whole thing was a set up. The tape recording and all. And of course on ET they have one of "OJ's Pals" who helped already rolling over on OJ.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Not to mention, OJ is still living pretty fat in Florida. I can't believe he has all his money off shore so why hasn't the court clamped on him and unloaded his house and cars?

SexyFront

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
the book came out at the same time
can we say publicity?

CNN and other "news" programs are advertisments between commercials, nothing but ad space for celebrities, social movements and political movements. Other times they are bed time stories and fairy tales for some adults. What it comes down to is who can influence and afford to buy a spot on CNN.

As far as celebrities getting attention, I find that entertainment. Yes, this is all one big promotion, one big joke.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

No, I predict they'll throw the book at him and will make everything stick, ironically turning him into something more than what he would have been had he simply been allowed to pathetically fade away.