OJ!

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I am thinking, why do "famous" people get off lighter than a ghetto brother for a much more minor crime (say, selling heroin)....

Better lawyers, sometimes judges think that prison could be too rough for them because of their status and extra attention they may receive etc etc. But it's not like every non-famous person doesn't walk either, people commit pretty bad crimes and still get to walk away with a slap on the wrist.

How many times do you hear on the news "Family killed by drunk driver who was on his 17th DUI conviction" etc.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Yeah that is a fucking joke. People don't go to jail for that kind of shit, they don't even go to trial for it. This was a witch hunt. If he didn't have that little run in with the law about 15 years ago I think the attitude towards him in this thread, and in court, and in the public, would be a little different. He should have been imprisoned 15 years ago, but they fucked that one up. But not for this shit.

I will even go so far as to say if he was married to, and allegedly killed a black woman and her black boyfriend, that all you plaxico-hatin-gangbanger-labelin' white folk wouldn't be so happy or care that he is finally going to prison. But since he killed a white lady and her at the time boy toy, "we gon get OJ hell or high water!!!"

But alas, karma's a bitch. 2012.

Exactly.

O.J. had his day in court re. the murders, and the prosecution failed to convince a jury of his guilt. And if that's a miscarriage of justice...certainly not the first.

Doubtful if many of us can so quickly cite off the tops of our heads the names of all those guilty of firebombing, lynchings, and hate crimes...all those "fine upstanding citizens" who laughed their way out of kangaroo courtrooms - or how many other Rodney King like incidents resulted in no prosecutions of any kind….not to mention the number of blacks wrongfully accused and convicted behind bullshit charges and testimony.

We don't continue to hear about that shit do we?

All forgotten water under the bridge. But everyone knows about O.J.

NOT to excuse any of the actions for which he’s been sentenced. To be so foolish as to allow himself even the hint of impropriety considering all...well, an error in judgment would be an understatement. It was damned stupid...plain and simple.

But hey, perhaps the silver lining to today’s sentencing is that MAYBE, just maybe, at long last, we can finally fuckin' stop hearing about OJ.

Ya think??

Last edited:

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So true. He should of thanked god and moved to an island in the caribbean and wasted the remaining years of his life on the beach. Maybe after possibly beating the system once he felt untouchable. I would think a trait like that would be common among extremely high caliber successful athletes. I do think it was kind of bogus he got an all white jury this time around, however.

In case you didn't know the attorneys for both sides pick the jury, they're not assigned by any one person, so don't start with the racist crap here. He had a mostly black jury at his murder trial.

Hopefully he'll die in prison and we'll never have to hear about his sorry ass again.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In case no one has access to news, this court had video and audio of OJ's involvement in this case. Please, the hotel had video of OJ walking into the room, and audio was available in the room in which OJ's voice has been clearly identified by experts. Its difficult to understand that anyone can defend this guy.

Out of 6 billion people on this planet, I can't believe anyone other than Al Sharpton would come to his defense.

I guess you learn something every day. Haha, unbelievable. Yah, this was a setup.

devron

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I don't really believe the judge was completely impartial in sentencing. Call it cynicism on my part, but that she felt the need to say the other case held no weight with it leads me to think that it did on some level. As slimy as he is, he had no previous convictions and no one got hurt, so he probably got hit harder than he might have if he weren't OJ Simpson.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As slimy as he is, he had no previous convictions and no one got hurt, so he probably got hit harder than he might have if he weren't OJ Simpson.

well, sort of...pleading no contest to domestic violence in 1989 tends to send up a red flag.

no contest is technically not a guilty plea, it has the same effect as one.

he was a vicious wife-beater....frankly, ultimately, he got his comeuppance, albeit in a roundabout way.

Almost seems like he wanted to get caught this time.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I don't really believe the judge was completely impartial in sentencing. Call it cynicism on my part, but that she felt the need to say the other case held no weight with it leads me to think that it did on some level. As slimy as he is, he had no previous convictions and no one got hurt, so he probably got hit harder than he might have if he weren't OJ Simpson.

Ah, he was guilty on 12 charges. The dumbass had a gun and was caught on video and audio. WTF? Are you kidding?

Terry Anderson wasn't hurt. Does that mean his captors did nothing wrong?

Its amazing that people defend this criminal. Oh, how I would love to hear the melody if you had personally known his victims....so pathetic.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This was so unfair it puts our legal system in a very bad light. The judge ONLY hit him so hard ONLY to feather her own nest-to butter her own bread. Because she will be up for reelection and wanted to make sure she will be reelected. And she was so disrespectful!!! All people deserve respect at all times--when she said right to his face before sentencing--"You are both ignorant and arrogant"--that was so wrong and unprofessional. She only did it as a grandstand play...very very unprofessional. Sentencing is a time for dignity on ALL sides INCLUDING the judge. Disgraceful---AND Goldman showing up for something that was DONE of his business. Another GRANDSTAND play. OJ in his own humble words was only recovering property that was stolen from him for his family and the Brown family-NOT for himself!!. It was a brave and compassionate act on his part. The cops wouldn't help--so he HAD to organize this sting operation--which no one at all was hurt in. OJ was totally abused and it makes me sick.:mad:

bruddah, i couldn't have said it better myself about how the judge acted. another thing i didn't like was how she kept sipping her soda through a straw. it's one thing for have water, but imo, you shouldn't be sipping anything during a court. what OJ did was wrong though. he should have gone through the proper channels, yah? but was the judge kinda out of line for how she acted? absolutely. was OJ proven guilty this time? absolutely.

so, for clarify: i agree that the judge wasn't acting proper, but i do believe that OJ was proven guilty of this crime.

Would you rather he get off the hook again? He is a proven murder.

it hasn't been proven he killed them. while i do believe that he is 100% guilty of killing them, there's not enough evidence, and you can't, as a juror, say someone's guilty because you "feel they are."

I will even go so far as to say if he was married to, and allegedly killed a black woman and her black boyfriend, that all you plaxico-hatin-gangbanger-labelin' white folk wouldn't be so happy or care that he is finally going to prison. But since he killed a white lady and her at the time boy toy, "we gon get OJ hell or high water!!!"

wait, what?

It's good enough for me. A judge found O.J. Simpson guilty of murder.

what judge found him guilty of murder brah?

No no, Tiger. Innocent until proved guilty. I think you got the idea from us, historically. In Scotland, which has it's own legal system, the jury has the option of a third verdict - "Not Proven" which falls between guilt and innocence but still results in the aquittal of the defendant.

we should adopt that third option. i like it! like i said earlier, i believe OJ killed his ex and her man, but it wasn't proven.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Since you bring this up - and I understand your point - why doesn't Al Sharpton seem to care when there is black on black crime. Yet if a white person is involved he appears in warp speed? 91% of blacks are killed by blacks.

Black On Black Crime Coalition

In 2001, Timothy Thomas was shot and killed by a police officer in Cincinnati. Before he was shot, he had 59 misdemeanor charges and multiple warrants for his arrest. Mind you, he was 19 years old. He fled from officers, and in a controversial turn of events, he reached into his pocket in an alley, and was shot because the officer believed he was reaching for a weapon.

The city was overturned by riots and looting for several days. Al Sharpton appeared instantaneously. The black community boycotted downtown business for months. Yet, for decades Cincinnati has over 100 black on black murders each year, and we've never had an appearance from Al Sharpton.:confused:

And the Jena Six? The Duke lacrosse rape case? Sharpton has a strange propensity for defending victims that ultimately are proven guilty...yet only appears when white people are involved. When over 90% of African Americans are murdered by African Americans, he is mysteriously absent.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Since you bring this up - and I understand your point - why doesn't Al Sharpton seem to care when there is black on black crime. Yet if a white person is involved he appears in warp speed? 91% of blacks are killed by blacks.

because al sharpton is a racist and a sensationalist. like how he got don imus fired. was imus right for what he said? no. but we do have the 1st amendment for protect that, yah? i couldn't stand imus' show, but you cannot deny how much he's done for those children. should he have been fired? hell no. all he should have done was apologize on his own volition. but i digress

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
what judge found him guilty of murder brah?/quote]

Not murder but was found liable for the murders.

SANTA MONICA, California (CNN) -- O.J. Simpson is liable for the death of Ronald Goldman and committed battery against his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson, a civil trial jury ruled Tuesday.

CNN - Jury unanimous: Simpson is liable - Feb. 4, 1997

Which basically means even though he wasn't convicted of murder, the civil case wasn't screwed up by an incompetent prosecutor's office and the was proven he did it the second time around but just couldn't go to jail for it.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Since you bring this up - and I understand your point - why doesn't Al Sharpton seem to care when there is black on black crime. Yet if a white person is involved he appears in warp speed? 91% of blacks are killed by blacks. [...] When over 90% of African Americans are murdered by African Americans, he is mysteriously absent.

Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't blame whitey. Blame sensationalist evangelists who exploit their brothas and sistas for personal gain.

Last edited:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not 15 years but min of 9. This guy is a fuckin dick. boo Hoo I'm sorry to the state of Nevada. Gimmie a break.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
but it was said that he was found guilty of murder. not found liable, but actually found guilty. and there's a huge difference. which is what i was pointing out

Well, he can only be liable on the assumption that he is the murderer.
So the civil court effectively said he was guilty.
(Of course, since civil court only requires a preponderance of truth and not truth beyond a reasonable doubt, that doesn't mean that the criminal court erred in its verdict of innocence ... but the bar was very very high. The criminal court verdict doesn't mean he wasn't guilty.)

Last edited:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thank God there is justice. Even though it is 13 years late.

I hope he gets extra-slippery soap in prison.

again, even though you feel and think he's the murderer (as do i bruddah), it was not proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. so, and i'm sorry for say this, but he's innocent