Ok...does god love you?

I refrained for some time to post this. I have often asked my love when she be a little down.

I sometimes do this I suppose to explore the deepness of what worries my love, or another.

Why? I suppose, because I care.

Call it a silly question, call it what you may. But when you think all else is against you, what do you depend on?

Back to my post.....Does God love you? I really do not care what you believe in. Whether it be your own 2 feet or the Dog, Cat or little friend who waits for you when you come home at the end of the day you share your life with.

I reckon we're all connected, have thought this for as long as I can remember, way before a word such as spirituality came into my life. I detest the word religion.

Off the beaten track...So?

Reactions: BillM

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I-believe-in-God-love-and-peace.gif

I think Believe is too weak a word when it comes to God.
God is there, the same way I know my Mother is there.
Connection is there, I know this much. If you can wind the clock back to before there was light and prove it, then you can be #3 :)

Reactions: bkmuscledad

Mosquitoes have been sucking the blood of every animal which has lived on the surface of the planet. Don't think there be an underwater Mossie, but there be many blood suckers though.

So, does this mean that on some molecular level we share the same DNA as Rex...

If it were not for the mossie biting us, we probably would never have made it to this point. They survived as we did.

Yeah, here are some terrible diseases associated with the Mosquito, but can't help but think, if they were not there mixing our blood with all other living things, we would not be here or develop some sort of immunity.

It's all pretty fragile, we just need to take better care of it. There seems to be a connection to everything.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
if your serious v
assume its a personal thing between you him and /or his boy
have to work at it apparently,thats where the dillema kicks in ha

if its shit talk,then forgo him, done both,several times

may be easier to become Muslim or Bhuddist etc
better apologize to those followers geesh

It's all pretty fragile,

Reactions: 185248

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I am not an atheist, however I do not ascribe to a Christian concept of god

I believe that there might be a universal mind and that is where pure energy might exist. This might be where our "soul" goes when our corporeal bodies cease.

Maybe it is one of the dimensions proposed by string theory or superstring theory.

I don't think it is possible to say a force like that loves me in particular or anyone else on this planet specifically or any other life form in the universe for that matter. I think, if there is some kind of multiverse or something of that nature, that connecting to it would be like expanding our consciousness to infinity and maybe THAT is the love.

Because if we have infinite consciousness, isn't that love?

Or. Who knows.

I am banking on a multiverse, though.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The Lord helps them that helps themselves.

I honestly don’t think God pays attention to my affairs one way or another. I’ll go with the idea that God created the heavens and the Earth, and all the creatures in the sea and on the land and the birds of the sky, and on the seventh day he kicked back to take it all in. But since time is meaningless to God, his day off started around 4.5 billion years ago and he hasn’t meddled with us much since then.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So, does this mean that on some molecular level we share the same DNA as Rex...

Yes, but not because of blood sucking insects. We share dino DNA because we share a common ancestor in the vertebrate line. I share 70% of my DNA with the orange trees in my backyard and the weeds sprouting after the recent rains--life forms from a completely different kingdom.

Fire up your time machine, go back to the Jurassic with a load of penicillin, inject it in a dino with a bacterial infection and there's a very high probability it will work.

At the cellular level we haven't changed very much.

Dinos are still here with us today. Birds are the surviving dino evolutionary branch. I carved a big one a week ago for the US Thanksgiving holiday. It was delicious. :cool:

We do have viral DNA in our genes from infectious species so there's a possibility some of it came from mosquitos injecting our ancestors or ancestor species with viruses.

Reactions: 185248

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think God ( he or she ) , fucking hates me with a passion . Guess that"s because I too often call him ,her, it , all manner of abject assholes , when shit happens . Like " fuck off you prick " ,how's your Oedipus complex ? "I'll tear you a new asshole when i get up there , & by the way , " get the fuck outta my chair " All powerful ? Lazy bastard , how about you get off your ass , and fix the world . You could begin with something simple , like , fuck all the venomous spiders and their mates ,off , a bit off dentistry for man eating sharks ,n ,stuff , and graduate to more complex shit , like ridding us of all the " human " predators among us . Got to say , that if I wasn't fucked before , I sure as hell am now . Do I care ? You must be fucking joking .

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Yes, but not because of blood sucking insects. We share dino DNA because we share a common ancestor in the vertebrate line. I share 70% of my DNA with the orange trees in my backyard and the weeds sprouting after the recent rains--life forms from a completely different kingdom.

Fire up your time machine, go back to the Jurassic with a load of penicillin, inject it in a dino with a bacterial infection and there's a very high probability it will work.

At the cellular level we haven't changed very much.

Dinos are still here with us today. Birds are the surviving dino evolutionary branch. I carved a big one a week ago for the US Thanksgiving holiday. It was delicious. :cool:

We do have viral DNA in our genes from infectious species so there's a possibility some of it came from mosquitos injecting our ancestors or ancestor species with viruses.

No, at a cellular level we haven't changed that much. Nor have we on many levels. On a technological level, we have changed enormously. So, for this to happen, we must, we must have changed on a level somewhere. otherwise we would be still living in the swamps with our prehistoric cousins.

But apparently it is on a level undetected, as yet. Why is it we advance on one level, but not on another?

You did not answer the conundrum....why mosquitoes still exist today, the same as our reptilian cousins. The warm blood of Mammals, chance, luck?

Birds have a different structure to humans. Flight, has a very similar structure to water born creatures. Weightlessness.

Humans are a mixture of both, some very fine bones, to heavy... but our brain has developed similarly along the lines of creature which live in the ocean, as well as those of flight. Yet we are able, have the imagination to create machines of flight, as well as those to fathom the depths of oceans.

Our weakness is on the emotional level. I wonder what DNA we inherited that from:) ?

The Lord helps them that helps themselves.

I honestly don’t think God pays attention to my affairs one way or another. I’ll go with the idea that God created the heavens and the Earth, and all the creatures in the sea and on the land and the birds of the sky, and on the seventh day he kicked back to take it all in. But since time is meaningless to God, his day off started around 4.5 billion years ago and he hasn’t meddled with us much since then.
You're right. Whom ever created, whatever created or was responsible for the blackboard before the universe was placed on it is not responsible for what happens in it.

Kind of like the modern day isn't it? :)...Blame someone else, people in one place live like kings of greed, while people in another place die, starve, oceans being filled with waste and plastic on a tiny planet in the dark......it's all... ummm, the thing who created the Universe's fault.

Yup, place the responsibility there, it's the fault of the thing who created the planet. Nothing to do with the creatures who live on it. The planet has always had quakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, fires and tornadoes.

But who is responsible for the rest of the shit?

Last edited by a moderator:

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll bite... I just had this conversation with my business partner last week.

I grew up in a Roman Catholic household, and went to Catholic school, served as an alter boy, and attended church on the regular as a child. As I grew up, I grew away from all of that. I'm a firm believer in live and let live, and I have absolutely no problem at all with people placing their faith in something. Personally, I don't need to associate with any religion, I just want to live my life as a good person.

My issue is that as humans, as far back as we've documented, we've used organized religion to war, and kill, and oppress. We spew bigotry and racism and hatred in the names of our chosen religion. We all fight over which religion is the right set of beliefs, instead of recognizing that the basic message is the same. We all live on this big dumb rock together, and the sooner we move away from ideals and beliefs that divide us, the better we'll all be. Polarization is pervasive enough in today's society. We need to get better at taking care of one another. Ironically most organized religion teaches us that (I assume all, but I just don't know enough about all the religions to make that claim), but we don't actually practice that.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
On a technological level, we have changed enormously. So, for this to happen, we must, we must have changed on a level somewhere. otherwise we would be still living in the swamps with our prehistoric cousins.

You're making an anthropocentric value judgment here--that one species (ours) is better or more advanced that others. Fact is that the current 3500 species of mosquitos are just as suited to their environments as dinosaurs were to theirs (not just swamps) and we are in ours. With the exception of Antarctica and the dead zones of high mountains humans live--and by "live" I mean find enough water, food, clothing and shelter to thrive--in every terrestrial environment on Earth, including swamps.

You did not answer the conundrum....why mosquitoes still exist today, the same as our reptilian cousins.

There is no conundrum. Life is a biochemical continuum. Species which exist now are here because they are suited to their environment and their ancestors were too. Today's mosquitos are not the same species as their ancient ancestors which arose 200+ million years ago. A bunch of small adaptations over a long period of time led to thousands of species of their successful form. It's evolution.

Our weakness is on the emotional level. I wonder what DNA we inherited that from:) ?

I see no weakness. We evolved big, pattern recognizing brains with a language center--Broca's Area--and bipedal locomotion which freed our front paws to become hands which have allowed us to create the most intricate tools. Our brains allow us to create those new tools both by trial and error (learning) and by pure imagination.

Humans are instinctual learners. We are also instinctual imaginers. Our brains evolved that way and it explains our technological and mythological world. The only variable is what we fill our brains with--myths of gods to explain what we don't know or logical investigation into what we don't know and acknowledgement that we don't know what we don't know.

Given what evolution has endowed us we are doing what any species would do: we're overpopulating with no end in sight but with the imagination and reason to understand the problems and risks of doing so.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Which "god"? There have been literally thousands of them. The question is monotheistically biased.

I don't have time for the supernatural, that includes gods, goddesses, pixies, fairies, demigods, gremlins and the tooth fairy.

I don't need to rely on anything supernatural to get through life. I'm perfectly fine with turning into a pile of compost one day.

Reactions: MisterB