Ok, I'll say it. I'm ashamed to be Gay.

B_jeffy7

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are many guys out there that are out and proud, and to them I commend their efforts and strength.

But for whatever reason, I am just ashamed of my orientation.
I don't really know why, but I work so hard to conceal it...and it's becoming more and more difficult.

Today, I was at work, and working side by side of a co-worker. He's married, and good looking... well I glanced at his butt while another co-worker was watching me...and I felt the curtain of shame and embarrasment flood my face as I was caught looking at his butt.
Not a word was spoken...and I tried to conceal it my best by averting attention to a seeming problem of what we were working on.

I know that there's really nothing wrong with being Gay, but I just can't seem to accept it.
I just turned 30, so I'm having somewhat of a mid-life crisis of being alone, not accepted, and not having a solid relationship with anyone
There must be others out there like me.

What do you do, or have you done for positive reinforcement of your sexuality, and self acceptance?
Ok, your ashamed to be gay, then here;s what you do. You becomes str8, married some money hungry woman who doesnt work, charges up the credit cards, and for good measure, have a couple of kids. Now, after a few years when you finally get fed up with not getting laid, and you deceided to fool around on the side, and she finds out and divorces you and takes EVERYTHING you have, then you can say.....dam! i sure am glad im not gay!

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
I am sure you are not alone and I agree that you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

It took my older brother years to get over this, but it was the love and support of those close to him that made it possible. Don't be ashamed to loko, just maybe be a bit more discreet in this age of sexual harrassment. A persons sexuality is a deeply personal thing and when you add so much media hype to gay issues, it takes on a whole new level of stigma.

Like MB, not being gay, I can't fully understand what you are going through, but I can tell you that you would be welcomed amongst my circle of friends as we judge people by who they are and not who they love, gay or not.

I hope you find your personal acceptance of who you are and know you are beautiful in your own right.
Back in the neighborhoo, you would be considered a strange black man :)

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
then here;s what you do. You becomes str8, married some money hungry woman who doesnt work, charges up the credit cards

AH! I have a backup Plan!
My Cards are already maxed out...so she can't spend any more. Slide all the plastic to her delight....but Decline decline decline is all she will see.