OK, I'm an Idiot...

My stomach was acting-up after my spicy shrimp stir fry dinner so I decided to take two Zantac which usually settles everything before bed when I have a sour stomach which, fortunately for my spicy tastes, is rare. I walked into the bathroom, took the bottle off the shelf, took two tablets, and as I replaced the bottle on the shelf I realized that I wasn't taking Zantac at all, but Phillips Cramp-free Laxative :eek:. I saw the blue on the label in the half light from the bedroom (being too lazy to turn on the light) and just assumed it was Zantac. It's an easy mistake (isn't it? No? Ah shit. I'm an idiot.) Flashes of Lily Tomlin mixing rat poison in her boss's coffee flashed before my eyes. So now I really want to go to bed but have a feeling I may not get much sleep :Flush:.

sedated

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Man that's pretty bad!!! could be worst!!! Hope u can get some sleep.. if u don't we'll be around here for a while!

See you!

Peace!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sure it happens all the time to all kinds of people! By the way, it isn't as common now as it once was, but that's why the bottles for different brands of the same type of product used to be shaped the same... i. e., you could tell an eyedrop bottle from all the others without seeing the label...

I do remember many years ago, my Dad thought he was picking up the bottle of Murine eye drops, but it was actually some kind of nasal drops. I had never seen such a tough guy do so much screaming and hopping around.

The moral of the story is, be careful.

huw ginnit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At least the bottom hasn't drop out of your world, even if the world's fallen out of your bottom!

Avoid Mexican and Indian food for a couple of days, they might smart a bit!

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jason? You ok? Been 8hrs, I hope all is well.

I feel your pain. As a kid my mum would give me a square of chocolate exlax each night before bed, telling me it was because I had been a good girl. I woke in the middle of the night once and decided I had been such a good girl I was going to have the whole bar.

Not my fondest memory.

It seems they took a while to work so I actually did get some sleep. I was awakened twice in the morning but otherwise wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Did wake-up feeling surprisingly... light!

What bugs me more than anything was that I was so careless about it. This time it was just an inconvenience, but what if I had more dangerous medicines? This got me thinking because all my prescription bottles look so similar as well. I think a reorganization and rearrangement of my shelves would be wise.

Actually reading the labels would help too:pat:.

Oh and the Travel Smith catalog? Forget it. It's all women's stuff. There are like 4 pages of menswear. How I wish I had the old Sears Wishbook! Now THAT was a catalog! Great for long reads.

Particularly page 602 of the men's underwear section of the 1975 edition. Mmmm:cool222:.

Tlss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You poor thing. I'm sure this happens to the rest of us. Hope it doesn't drain you out much.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What bugs me more than anything was that I was so careless about it. This time it was just an inconvenience, but what if I had more dangerous medicines? This got me thinking because all my prescription bottles look so similar as well. I think a reorganization and rearrangement of my shelves would be wise.

Actually that's why a lot of pharma companies make their pills different shapes, sizes, colors, etc. It's rare for generics, however. I always appreciate that when I take my pills at night when I'm half awake and one is small, round and white, and the other is large, blue, and shield shaped.

Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better and that you didn't spend all night crouched on the toilet.

I too miss the Sears catalog.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...What bugs me more than anything was that I was so careless about it. This time it was just an inconvenience, but what if I had more dangerous medicines?...

Yeah. I've never taken the wrong meds, but I take a couple of different prescriptions every night, and a couple of times I've been in a situation where I can't remember if I already took them. Then I either have to take a pill and risk a double-dose, or not take a pill and risk missing a dose.