OK, men, what's in your wallet?

Tender: woah what a can of worms lol
well im feeling brave so ill post some of my thoughts on that.
i think it will happen.
perhaps sooner than some think.
yes people love the feel of cash in the hands...
but..
i think in the long run that people will give up that 'feel' and many freedoms for the sake of peace and convenience....
i think eventually there will be a worldwide tracking of everyone, and then the cashless era will follow.
you know those bar codes on every box of mac n cheese you buy? well they will eventually be implanted under your skin. you go to check out an item, the item is scanned, then your hand. whatever "$" you have in your digital account will be reduced by the cost of the item. no cash, in essence.
you go to the dr, they scan your hand.
you get pulled over by a cop, they scan your hand.
ect ect.
would cut down alot on fraud, terrorism, ilegal immigrants ect ect, at least that will be the initial idea.
it will of course open up a whole new set of troubles.
as well as the religious implications it will have for many.
as predicted.......
pretty scary to think on sometimes.
:-/
Tender

da_blissmachine: I can imagine some governments trying to do that... and then the UN saying something and it would have to end. North Korea deffinitely could.

jerkin4-10: yeah that implant thing has been in theory for some time...thats a real 'big brother' kinda thing...they are probably going to do it to old people first in nursing homes...just to see how it works...work the bugs out...
then school children...denying admission to children not having it...i mean its a 'safety feature', no more lost children right?...youll be able to track someone...pinpoint their location...there will be a huge sell on this...and there are some good points...but lemme tell ya...when your coming to put that in me...ya better bring a BUNCH of BIG, MEAN dudes...cuz they aint puttin nothin like that in me without a scrap... :mad:

Tender: understood.
better bring the mean dudes to my place too lol
now dont anyone get the idea im a paranoid or anything....
but i *can* see it coming....
i mean would it suprise anyone, really?
:-/
Tender

jerkin4-10: wonder if they are doing some of that shit to our men in uniform right now...i mean i have a cousin that was in viet nam that they gave LSD to...hes not been the same since...maybe we should start a new 'conspiracy' string...LOL

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=jerkin4-10 link=board=99;num=1064187223;start=60#65 date=10/17/03 at 21:17:02]...maybe we should start a new 'conspiracy' string...LOL[/quote]

I think we already have...just check out the Weapons of Mass Distraction topic, and other political diatribes. :D

Pecker

(Sign on a hotel check-in desk: PLEASE LEAVE YOUR VALUES AT THE FRONT DESK.)

GreenEyes: [quote author=longtimelurker link=board=99;num=1064187223;start=40#48 date=10/13/03 at 15:59:12]

Must disagree - one of the most annoying things with US money (apart all the notes looking exactly the same) is that the $1 bills take up SO much space in your wallet! Coins are just so much more convenient - I doubt there are many other first-world countries that still have notes in such small denominations.[/quote]

OK I disagree with you there...dollar bills might take up too much space in the wallet however dollar coins take up too much space in the pocket and can weigh ya down. :)

Jeez if you have so many bills go to a strip club of your preference I am sure there are woman or men out there that would love to receive them. Hmmm forget the dollar and make it $20.

Headbanger you truly get around. Kewl.

Hey all!

GreenEyes: Times do change and I would hope that it would never get to the old bar code thing in ones hand. Somebody some place else was talking about an eye scan thing. Again I don't like it cause it does take away privacey.

If you have watched or read some of the science fiction type of movies out there it presents some points to the whole thing. Bottom line is I wouldn't want everybody knowing my business. Some movie with Tom Cruise I forgot the name where you walk into a store and they greet you and flash advertisements at you. Yeah it is convenient however somebody can get to your every move.

I remember somebody telling me that insurance companies were looking into getting information from supermarkets. You use your ATM or Credit Card and poof all of the information of your diet is listed. This way they can determine if they want to insure you or not. An example is just recently I filled out some application and gave my email out. Now I am getting advertisements via email for certain things.

In a way if you think about it we live in a paper trail society. It is not that difficult to track somebody these days and I am sure it wouldn't be that difficult to disappear if you had the wits about you.

Basically people have to ask is the convenience worth more than your privacey? OK not being paranoid but stating the obvious that we are already living in a big brother situation and the liklihood decades down the line it can get worse if citizens follow along blindly.

One thing I remember was I am not going to go to Cd's but will keep my vinal records (dating self). Well lets say I almost have all of the copies of the CD's of the records I once had.

Somebody here mentioned the fact that people like the feel of money. I know I am one of them. I want to know what is what and where things go. I even like the convenience of putting money in a jar to save for something once in a while or for a rainy day. If such a system developed I think it wouldn't give a person a chance to save but more in debt. Again all of your spending and moves will be tract.

Another thought is what will happen with crime. They will not have a wallet to go after but a hand?

Next topic. I didn't like the Aussie dollar when I was there but as time went on it did make things easier. I also like the material they use. It is less likely to rip and such. I know I would miss my greenbacks but the different size and color does make it easier on people loosing their sight and a person in a rush. Orange isn't a color I am thrilled with but at the same time it is supposed to make it more difficult to counterfit.

OK a lot of interesting ideas and thoughts thanks for reading mine. :)

Zot57

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well here goes. In my wallet, I have:

* $65 us currency, including one of the new $20s
* a bank deposit slip
* a california driver's license
* business card from a sushi restaurant
* two credit cards, one visa, one mastercard
* visa receipt from buying gas
* free car wash slip from same station.
* and one atm card.

And that's it.

-- Erik

HUMONGOUS: [quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1064187223;start=0#11 date=09/22/03 at 13:37:32]I keep a key in my wallet, too!  I didn't think it was that strange.  Let's see... aside from the usual drivers license and credit card stuff, I've got:

-Various assorted phone numbers on scrap sheets of paper

-Half of a little, metal "Spawn" trinket I found on the ground 4 years ago.

-The imprint of a photo (on the clear plastic part) that got washed one to many times in my wallet.

-Vouchers for over 4000 tickets at a place called "Planet Play".

-Hot Topic discount card.  (Even though that store kinda sucks)

-A key card I stole from a hotel.

...and other various assorted cards I don't really feel like talking about.  [/quote]

gig you forgot to mention your senior citizen's mealticket
your senior discount movie card
and your medic alert registration lol

Thumper_10x7_CA: And now y'all can peek into my wallet... Try not to yawn too much!

- 2 $5 bills
- 4 $1 bills
- Target Visa
- Theme Perk Coffee Passport Card
- Subway Sandwiches Sub Club Card
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Pink Drink Card
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Gift Card
- ATM/Debit Card
- Broadway Video Rental Card
- Cox Communications cheat sheet for voice mail
- CA Drivers License to expire on 04-27-06
- Social Security Card
- an assortment of 9 business cards
- 2 old tickets to Disneyland
- 2003 Main Gate Pass
- Orange County Health Services Clinic patient card :eek:
- CIGNA HealthCare Card
- PMI/Delta Care Card
- AAA Card
- AMC Movie Watcher Card

That's about it. WOW There's more in there than I thought...

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...empty the old billfold and see what you keep in your hip pocket...

I've got

a mastercard
3 visa cards
an atm card
driver's license
5 gas cards (better safe than sorry)
a road service card
a Home Depot Gift Card with $6.44 left
5 department store credit cards
a Food Lion MVP card
a Ukrop's Valued Customer card
medicare card
cardiac surgery history card
voter registration
medical implant information
$20.00
a piece of paper with an important phone number (I can't remember its importance but I'm afraid to throw it away)

C'mon, guys, open it up and 'fess up.

Pecker
What about the nekkid photos of Dolly Parton? I could have sworn you said you had one of those--
I can't believe hardly any of you said condoms....Latex to Protect! No wonder STD's are so high LOL jk
I can't believe you dragged up a topic which had been sleeping for more than three and a half years--but you did so I might as well empty my wallet out. Oops too late. Government got to it first.

Let's see--
1 credit card, a crispy fifty dollar bill hidden under the back panel (other money I keep in my pockets--a few dollars on the left and a few on the right), a library card (yes, I can read), a health insurance card, a prescription drug card, a reduced size copy of my donate me to science form, 4 postage stamps (the self stick variety), a few scraps of paper with phone numbers, business cards from 3 different doctors, a long defunct New York City subway token, photos of my children and grandchildren and of Olivia and of Ray, a cancelled driver's license, a non-drivers license photo I.D. card, a business card to the barber shop, a bank card, an old workplace photo I.D. card, a postage stamp of Theodore Roosevelt--in a little protective holder, a spare key to the building I live in (but not a spare for the box I am in), a few other business cards, a medical emergency info card with G.P. doctor's name and number, four band-aid bandages--

--and of course 2 reduced size copy fold up maps--one to Pecker's abode and one to BigDirigible's often spoken of Fort.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let's see......Hmmmm......damn.........son of a.......somebody stole my wallet. Somebody call the police!!...preferably these police...
Sbt1.jpg

krisvds

Just Browsing
Media
fun!

Some euro coins
Personal Credit Card
Work Credit Card
Library Card
Culture Card (access to all city museums)
ID
SIS (social security)
DAN Europe Insurance Card
Bus Card
Unlimited Bus Card
cinema ticket Death Proof
Star Wars clubmembership cards
Dexia bank namecard
train ticket Amsterdam-Schiphol
Entry Card - Efteling
piece of paper with info about the company
some receipts
3 pirates of the the carribean tickets
JBC Client Card
Club Client Card
Internationa Magazine store Client Card
Shleiper Client Card
some food Client Card cards
blood type card (O+)
Epic Movie cinema card
Dutch bus card

wow, lot's of crap .. :p

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh Crap....

Maestro Card
Gold Visa
Platinum Visa
Priority Pass Card
SAA Voyager card
Amex (Blue but actually transparent - quite funky!)
(My) Company Visa
512Mb Mini SD Card (Yay! no idea why - but I've been looking for it)
Old till reciepts:rolleyes:
£80
$60
90 Euros
900 Slovak Koruna
3500 Hungarian Forint
Amex Green card
Amex Platinum card
Business Card from some restaurants
Drivers License
Prepaid Mastercard (online use)
Another Visa card
Costco Membership card
More business cards
Another Maestro card (mortgage account)
Another Visa card (also mortgage account)
About 6 old foreign tickets from last two weeks (needed for expenses claims)
Couple of boarding passes (also needed for expenses claims)
Tube ticket from today

What a load of crud.

Sad thing is, there was more but I had a clear out a couple of weeks ago. I do that when it no longer closes!!:eek: :eek:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was always told that a condom in a bilfold ends up a damaged condom, so I keep mine in my glove compartment.
Also not good, they get heat-damaged. The wallet's ok for a short time. Just make sure you keep fresh product in there! I rarely use them except at home, so I keep them at home.

One credit card, a couple of dollars cash (really, less than $10) and a laminated bible quote (Romans 8:28) my Mom gave to me about 7 years ago, and asked me to put in my wallet. I told her I would, so I did.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My "wallet" is one of those contraptions that has a magnetic clip on one side and a few slots on the other, so I tend to travel light:

$10-$50 cash, in as few bills as possible
Personal American Expressc card
Corporate AMEX card
Discover card (don't ask...I got an extended 0% deal on it)
Visa debit/ATM card
Driver's license
Medical insurance card
Freebirds burrito frequent flyer card (unwrap my monster, baby!)

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
headbang8:
  • Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation ATM card
  • Citibank PLUS ATM card
  • Yebisu Garden Place Electronic Key Card (programmed for the 30th floor, where I work)
  • Employee ID Card
  • Diners Club Card
  • American Express Card
  • Mastercard, issued by the Western Pacific Banking Corporation, Melbourne
  • Tokyo Subway SVC (2650 yen credit left)
  • Japan Rail East SVC (3200 yen left)
  • Membership Card, Tokyo American Club--the last hiding place for white Republicans in Asia!
  • Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer card (9200 miles, all earned on Virgin Atlantic)
  • Qantas Platinum Frequent Flyer/OneWorld Emerald Card (380,000 miles)
  • Alien Registration Card ("gaijin card") issued by Minato ward in Tokyo
  • Japanese Drivers License (exp 2006)
  • Cigna Global Cover travel insurance card
  • Starwood Preferred Guest card (zero points)
  • Marriott Rewards card (148 points)
  • Six Continents Hotels Privelege Card (zero points)
  • Avis Wizard card
  • Hertz #1 Club card
  • Tsutaya Culture Convenience Club Card (this is a video library)
  • Gowing's Club Card (Sydney department store for men--a treasure trove!
  • receipt from Gowing's for one pair of Blundestone boots
  • A John Martin's/David Jones credit card (an Adelaide department store)
  • a receipt for my passport from the Indian embassy, where they are holding it to issue a visitor's visa. *I always get nervous when I have to do something like that.
  • two receipts from my local pub, Mad Mulligan's. *The world's least Irish bar.
  • six taxi receipts
  • A receipt from the Ryu yakitori restaurant with a client's name written on the back so I can claim it as entertainment when I remember which company he works for
  • an ATM receipt for 5000 roubles (long story)
  • receipt for a duty-free watch from Shanghai Tang in Hong Kong airport
  • receipt for duty-free wine at Sydney Airport
  • 10,000 yen note
  • 2 Australian $10 notes, and an Australian $20 note. The first two a deep blue, the latter a red-orange, hence the expression "Bruce has just slapped a lobster down on the bar! Drinks all around!" Australian money is very stylish, made of a polymer plastic with a hologram that encodes the serial number, making it impossible to forge
  • US $20 bill. *I'm glad to hear via 7x6+c that Americans will get more colorful money. *Visitors to the USA (especially Australians) often complain that greenback denominations are hard to tell apart.
  • And, in a truly preposterous coincidence, a receipt from Harris Teeter at Friendly Center in Greensboro, NC. *I was staying with a friend in the Westerburg (?) neighbourhood in June and nipped in for some beer and BBQ supplies.
Now isn't this interesting? Let's compare wallets from four years ago.
  • Good news! More money! 180 Euros, which is worth more than the cash I had last time.
  • Citibank AAdvantage Mastercard (USA)
  • Citibank Eurocard debit card (Germany) Why don't the Bavarians take credit cards?
  • Hertz #1 Club President's Circle Card.
  • Security card for Theresie, the office building where I work
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold card/Sapphire OneWorld. The bastards busted me from Platinum
  • Singapore Airlines PPS Club Card/gold Star Alliance. 280,000 miles earned maionly on ANA, UNited and Lufthansa,
  • New York Driver's license. What a pain in the ass it was to get that!
  • Aetna insurance card, soon to be superseded.
  • Continental President's Club Card
  • American Express Card in a rather impressive shade of platinum
  • Superseded New York business cards
  • Current Munich business cards
  • ACLU membership card
  • WNYC subscribers card
  • Avis Wizard card
  • Border's reward card
  • Executive Health Exams Personal MD card
  • British Airways Executive Club card
  • Barnes and Noble Membership card
  • Munich subway 12-Streife card with six stripes used
  • Australian Diner's Club card
  • e-Sixt car rental card
  • A photocopyof my Niederlassungserlaubnis, or German permanent resident's permit.
  • Hubby's picture