Ok, Need some help

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by B_werfghj, Jun 15, 2005.

1. B_werfghj

B_werfghj New Member

Ok, since December of this year, I have lost 80lbs,
    yeah, you heard me... 80 pounds..
    a very strick diet, and being active really helped, no excorcising ( see I cant even spell the word ) ;) just sheer will power...
    and.. well my wife having a affair prolly helped it along..
    anywho..
    I am currently 189lbs and I am 6'1" tall... I know I am still heavy, the question I am posting is this:
    anyone here lost a LOT of weight?
    how did you get rid of that loose skin?
    what about the "love handles?"
    any help?
    I am thinking at this stage in the game, actually going to the gym, working out and running is going to be the "icing on the cake" - I didn't even go off my diet for my bday ;)
    so, what do you all think? any help?

2. Onslow

Gold Member

At my top weight I was about 388 pounds and I shed most of that and got down to a low of 204 for about a year then shot back to 260 and then down to 210-220 which is where I have been for a while now, so a (Hopefully)permanent loss of over 160 pounds--yeah an entire person, and the amount that my total weight should be according to the charts. Lost a lot of weight through diet--not just the amount food intake but also what I eat. Foods high in fat tend to be a problem for me, carbohydrates are not (I have a good metabolism I just find it too easy to wolf down four or five burgers in one meal which creates obesity). Learn to eat differently, enjoy various fruits and vegetables instead of cookies, cakes and ice cream. Carrots can give you a fun time with their sweetness and crunch. breakfast consisting of bacon, pork rinds, a dozen eggs and a loaf of toasted bread soaked in butter is not a great way to go but an occasional few slices of bacon, unless you are dealing with deadly cholestoral problems is probably okay.
    When it comes to exercise, try some simple things such as bowling--just don't drink bear and eat between frames. Try canoing. Tennis. Anything which keeps you from being sedintary. Have you considered opening up a day care center and rushing around a dozen small children cleaning up after them? Just don't view it as exercise.

(((Keep in mind that through some weird Invision behavior, this post needed ot be edited--added to--since even after a preview of the post, once I posted everything AFTER the "carrots can give you a fun time with" was mysteriously lost, I re-did most of it in italics and bold face, but may have neglected pieces of the original.)))

3. Alley Blue

Gold Member

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm 6'4 and I used to weigh 190lbs, and everyone thought I was skinny, so you being 189lbs at 6'1 is'nt really all that fat for your height.
    I started doing tons of cardio to help shape my physique ( I have a passionate love affair going on with my elliptical machine, by the time I get off that thing i'm spent , physically and emotionally ......lol) and that really makes you lean. There's really no way to lose weight properly without cardio and a "clean" diet. You need both to look the way you want to look.

4. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Dan--I was thinking the same thing as Alley.
    What type of build are you going for--swimmer's?
    6'1" and 189 is a good size.

I haven't know of anything to get rid of that excess skin save surgery.

5. B_werfghj

B_werfghj New Member

Well, I am by no means slim, I still have the love handles, the body I am shooting for is Edward Norton in "American history X"
    http://www.kino.orc.ru/js/review/stills/am...an_historyx.jpg
    Minus the Nazi shit.. ( of course )

I am just not sure if my frame will ever look right, I have very broad shoulders and a large ribcage, So I may be screwed,
    thanks for all your input so far guys!

6. Alley Blue

Gold Member

Well, I am by no means slim, I still have the love handles, the body I am shooting for is Edward Norton in "American history X"
    http://www.kino.orc.ru/js/review/stills/am...an_historyx.jpg
    Minus the Nazi shit.. ( of course )

I am just not sure if my frame will ever look right, I have very broad shoulders and a large ribcage, So I may be screwed,
    thanks for all your input so far guys!
    [post=321377]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Once you take off the little fat you have ( with Cardio) and put on the muscle you need, you'd be suprised how good you'd look big guy :)

Draft saved Draft deleted