OK...now the Jacko stuff is going *WAY* too far

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Flashy, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Flashy

Gold Member

2. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Thank God!

3. B_LargePenis46

B_LargePenis46 New Member

It's absurd the amount of money that the city of L.A. spent on a funeral yet we have people out of work and tons of homeless people not to mention it put my state in even more debt. :rolleyes:

4. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was wonderin' about all this coverage, as my Dad died recently and I was socffing at the excess on TV.My Dad got a few paragraphs and my sister downloaded a bad photo.

You'd think Jackson was as important as Anne Nichole Smith.

5. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Its going to get worst and will go on eternally, I just ignore the bullshit.

6. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

It's the AMURKUN way.

7. D_Vinny_Velcro

D_Vinny_Velcro New Member

MJ stuff is going way too far, i respect the man but he's dead for over 2-3 weeks now, accept it :(

8. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    tail wagiing the dog

9. crossy

Gold Member

RIP Michael

10. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    It seems that some people have lost all sense of proportion over the man.
    O.K he was a tallented guy but he was a little disturbed because he never had a real childhood that's it, end of story get over it.
    \he has actualy probably been responsible for a whole generation of tallentless wannabes who think that they are going to make it big because their mom says that they can sing nice.
    There are a lot of tallented people who die everyday and nobody ever suggests that they should be sainted or whatever.
    he had fame and fortune but fame and fortune don't always make you happy as I am sure he would agree.

#10 Mark_UK, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  11. Principessa

Gold Member

I was a major fan of MJ before he started acting freaky; but come on people! That is total insanity. :mad: He doesn't need a day, or a federal proclamation. He wasn't a saint! Due to the nature of his past legal problems. The most I can see doing in tribute/honor is maybe a postage stamp. I would be hesitant to do that because of the public outcry from the people who were sure he was guilty.

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I've been rather silent on this whole MJ thing... until now.

Spoken like a kid who wasn't around to witness the impact he had in music during the Motown era, during his solo ventures in the 80s & 90s, and the evolution of the music video during the early days of MTV. Not that age plays a factor here, however, the fact that you willingly choose to ignore key events in modern musical history is your downfall. There isn't a single musician out there today that hasn't been inspired by MJ in some way. Yes, even the ones you think that can sing. Perhaps you don't like the man and that's one thing. But please... don't let your personal tastes in music ignore the blatantly obvious. :rolleyes:

Is anyone really surprised about the news coverage on this? Keep in mind, this is the same media that made people like Britney Spears and Lindsey Lohan front page news everyday for months at a time. We should expect someone like MJ to have that same type of media coverage, especially since he was a much bigger celebrity. But I digress...

MJ didn't seek happiness through his fame and fortune, like so many people in the music industry today. Since a very young age, he has always been on stage and in the spotlight. Never had a moment to himself, nor wasn't under the constant eyes of extreme scrutiny whether it be from his parents, the music industry or his fans. The fame & fortune was generated through his talent and resilience to keep moving forward and working hard despite his problems. If you can actually see all he's accomplished despite all of the obstacles he's faced, you'd rethink your view about who he's actually inspired.

13. Flashy

Gold Member

strangely, i agree with you for the most part^^^:wink:

(though i do believe the young poster you were responding to was correct about this line "It seems that some people have lost all sense of proportion over the man" )

obviously that is not to negate his impact artistically, but i believe that alot of the hysteria has been misplaced, considering that the "artist" that was Michael Jackson disappeared long ago (like 20 years) to be replaced by a broken, troubled and dysfunctional shell of a human, trying to be come to grips with lord knows how much hell he went through as a kid, combined with whatever his psychological problems were, and his addictions when factored it etc.

that obviously does not make Jackson unique, in that usually, when a very well known artist dies, they have long since ceased relevant artistic production. (be they actors, musicians, etc)

I think most of the hysteria is attached to losing what he was not what he is. (if that makes sense)

14. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Flashy you are still on that Cobain shit!!! No one is blowing Michael Jackson out of proportion. He was, and apparently still is, THE MOST FAMOUS MAN ON THE PLANET! Doesn't matter how you cut it that fact remains. The biggest, most popular star of all time. It doesn't matter that he didn't do shit according to you in the last 20 years. Despite not doing shit, he was still the biggest celebrity on Earth, how much does that show you!?

15. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
  16. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

The dudes dead, Im not going to be one of his obsessed, misled fans

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

Elvis got a postage stamp.

Michael Jackson and James Brown should have their own commemorative postage stamps. I would purchase them.

18. invisibleman

Gold Member

Man, I think people believe what they want. If people don't like Michael Jackson, that is cool. It doesn't really matter as the guy is dead like dirt. One of America's musical innovators and artists has passed.

People talk about what a strain Michael Jackson's funeral is on Los Angeles. But I am totally certain that when Michael Jackson was the cash cow in the entertainment industry...he made Los Angeles some money (well--actually A LOT OF MONEY) when he toured. Especially with the Jackson's VICTORY tour. I would even say that Michael Jackson made Los Angeles a lot of money with his miseries as well. Los Angeles doesn't have to pay the 1.5 million dollar costs. Bill the Jackson family for the police services. Bill AEG.

And any economic concerns, you may as well shut that down. George W. Bush sold Americans a wartime plan after 9-11 2001 to go to Afghanistan to fight the war on terrorism and he took a personal vendetta detour to Iraq (looking for Saddam Hussein and the mysterious weapons of mass destruction). He even assaulted American Constitutional rights in the guise of THE PATRIOT ACT. So, if you are looking for the blame for your shitty economy...rest it all on George Bush and. He is getting benefits, a ten year contract of Secret Service detail, a paycheck and he has oil industry money. He has a really nice home now while some Americans that helped him put him there don't have a home. Throw a shoe at that fucker.

19. Flashy

Gold Member

you could, if i had said it. :tongue:

behaving sanely for once does not extrapolate to other times :biggrin1:

20. Flashy

Gold Member

I didn't mention Kurt once, skull...i have no clue what you are talking about.

but, yes, the media is indeed blowing the event out of proportion.

as for him being the most "famous" man on the planet, that is debatable. Weirdest, yes...most famous? that is a stretch. One of the most famous? definitely.

I would say Tom Cruise is the most "famous", in that he is still relevant and working.

as for MJ being the "biggest most popular star of all time", that too is a fallacy. MJ is clearly behind Elvis. As we established before...and Elvis did it in a time before Music Videos.

he is undoubtedly the second most famous entertainer behind Elvis.

as for being the biggest "celebrity" on earth, he is now the biggest celebrity in earth :tongue::biggrin1: wink wink

Draft saved Draft deleted