OK, so whats with this Scarf Trend ???

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is 95 friggin degrees in NYC, and people (guys and girls) are walking around with long scraves wrapped tightly around their necks. And they are sweating. I know, its a trend, but lets be real here. Its not made for a heatwave.

And long heavy denim jeans. Dont get that either in this weather. Certainly you own a pair of thin cotton, gauze, seersucker or light twill cotton pants or shorts. Heavy denim jeans just dont cut it.

And what about hoodies ???? Unless its a blizzard, whats the point of wearing a long sleeve hoodie, with the hood up yet ??? Am i missing the point ???? I am all for trends, but some border on the ridiculous when logic doesnt come into play. :confused::confused::confused:

Roff

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
People who do a load of coke or are anorexic skinny are always very cold because of their lack of muscle mass. Why do you think the olsen twins deck out so hard?

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is 85 where I live and very humid today, I'm wearing denim jeans a brown cotton (thin) hooded long sleeve shirt and a black and blue scarf....with flip flops. I'm comfy and not sweaty at all.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is 85 where I live and very humid today, I'm wearing denim jeans a brown cotton (thin) hooded long sleeve shirt and a black and blue scarf....with flip flops. I'm comfy and not sweaty at all.

Well sounds cute, but I would be sweatin bullets. Guess people have their own internal thermostats ?

Kayden96

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tend to sweat over 75 just breathing. I'm 6'4" and 230, so I guess I'm a biological furnace or something. It makes me hate driving. Even with the AC cranked and my face going numb, my back will sweat on the seat. =(

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are times when fashion trends are just wrong, unless you are willing to be a slave to fashion. I'm a slave to being comfortable. I had to wear a suit today (and it so so f***ing hot and humid in NYC today) so in the cab on the way home I stripped naked in the back seat and put on a pair of board shorts and cut off wife beater and rubber slippers!

denton85

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Port Jefferson Station (New York, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was in midtown yesterday, didn't see a single person wearing a scarf .... then again, my eyes tend to wander towards girls wearing much less clothing than usual during this mini heat wave ... it's a good possibility that my eyes just skipped over the people wearing extra clothes

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are times when fashion trends are just wrong, unless you are willing to be a slave to fashion. I'm a slave to being comfortable. I had to wear a suit today (and it so so f***ing hot and humid in NYC today) so in the cab on the way home I stripped naked in the back seat and put on a pair of board shorts and cut off wife beater and rubber slippers!

Damn Nude, seems i am NEVER around when you are naked. guess timing is everything ? LOL

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Damn Nude, seems i am NEVER around when you are naked. guess timing is everything ? LOL

Summer time is an easier time to see me taking my clothes off, but I did lock myself out of the apartment last winter on a quick run to the garbage shoot at midnight!( my neighbor loved me showing up in a welcome mat to get the spare key.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Summer time is an easier time to see me taking my clothes off, but I did lock myself out of the apartment last winter on a quick run to the garbage shoot at midnight!( my neighbor loved me showing up in a welcome mat to get the spare key.

OK then, guess I need to camp outside your apt ? :biggrin1:

bookersnooker

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
back on the whole scarf thing -

I have a really light chilean scarf that I wear all year round... winter to keep the cold off my face and summer to keep the sun off my neck.

Depending on how tight you tie it around your neck it can be a summer or winter thing... esp if the material is thin

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
back on the whole scarf thing -

I have a really light chilean scarf that I wear all year round... winter to keep the cold off my face and summer to keep the sun off my neck.

Depending on how tight you tie it around your neck it can be a summer or winter thing... esp if the material is thin

when its 95 degrees and HUMID, I dont need any material tied around my neck. I am opting for the more fashionable "plunging" v-neck t-shirts that are around. much more comfy, and cool.

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry I was thinking of my other scarf (I'm a scarf whore) I was wearing a black and silver one not black and blue.
I crochet all of mine though, I don't buy them. I also have a brown orange and green hat I wear around town. I made it myself as well.