OK, so whats with this Scarf Trend ???

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a stupid style and needs to die. People running around town looking like vagabonds and beggars. I keep waiting for some moron to pull an Isadora Duncan in an effort to be stylish.:rolleyes::cool:

Duncan's fondness for flowing scarves which trailed behind her was the cause of her death in a freak automobile accident in Nice, France, on the night of September 14, 1927, at the age of 50. The scarf was hand painted silk from the Russian-born artist Roman Chatov. The accident gave rise to Gertrude Stein's mordant remark that "affectations can be dangerous."

Whatever her actual last words, when Falchetto drove off, Duncan's immense handpainted silk scarf, which was a gift from Desti and was large enough to be wrapped around her body and neck and flutter out of the car, became entangled around one of the vehicle's open-spoked wheels and rear axle. As The New York Times noted in its obituary of the dancer on September 15, 1927, "Isadora Duncan, the American dancer, tonight met a tragic death at Nice on the Riviera. According to dispatches from Nice Miss Duncan was hurled in an extraordinary manner from an open automobile in which she was riding and instantly killed by the force of her fall to the stone pavement."[6] Other sources describe her death as resulting from strangulation, noting that she was almost decapitated by the sudden tightening of the scarf around her neck.[7]

tray22nc

Sexy Member
Media
I'm not sure if the scarfs you are talking about are the ones that are all the rage here, but a lot of (white) people around my area are really trying to sport Palestinian scarfs and I'm just like...what the fuck?!?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
when its 95 degrees and HUMID, I dont need any material tied around my neck. I am opting for the more fashionable "plunging" v-neck t-shirts that are around. much more comfy, and cool.

They want to be French. Sometimes I tie a handkerchief around my neck to be German. :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure if the scarfs you are talking about are the ones that are all the rage here, but a lot of (white) people around my area are really trying to sport Palestinian scarfs and I'm just like...what the fuck?!?
Yes! That is exactly the annoying trend I have noticed for about a year in Georgia as well.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well since they are also rocking wool knit beanies in the heat, I guess the scarfs just sorta finish the stupid look ? PLUS, I just noticed lots of girls are sporting high boots, in suede, leather, with fringes etc. Boots in the summer ???? Who thought that up ?

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
I agree 100% extra clothing in this heat is hard to fathom. I personally wear as little as possible.But relatively speaking, we factor in comfort much more than our ancestors.....look at what they wore in the 18th and 19th century. Imagine how stifling all those layers were ---- and before a/c...

Which just goes to show....fashion (usually) rules.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well since they are also rocking wool knit beanies in the heat, I guess the scarfs just sorta finish the stupid look ? PLUS, I just noticed lots of girls are sporting high boots, in suede, leather, with fringes etc. Boots in the summer ???? Who thought that up ?

The other day I wore cargo shorts, a t-shirt, flip-flops and a handkerchief tied around my neck. I was speaking German. It was really cool.