OK This Is Creepy

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think I'd like to pick your brain a bit more about this. I get dreams that are extremely vivid and remember them when I wake up. I write these ones down, and they come true...Is that like what you get, or do you get really intense moments of déjà-vu? Or are you having dreams so real that they could be real memories?

The vast majority of my dreams are non-sensical with times, places, and characters suddenly switching and events not happening in real time. I'll dream that I have to go back to high school and take a test because I never really graduated, but my high school is also the Death Star and Darth Vader, who is a gray-skinned alien, not a cyborg, is the principal of the school and the auditorium looks like the cathedral to my church and then I'm suddenly in class naked and my grandmother is the teacher and then I'm in a car driving North to France...

You get the idea.

But every now and then I'll have a vivid dream in which the events follow a logical sequence and seem to be happening in real time. These dreams often have fairly sophisticated "plots" and I'm emotionally invested in them. Upon waking, I feel that they are very important, and they dominate my thoughts for the rest of the day. Sometimes I can remember every detail of the dream, other times I start losing details almost immediately after waking up, no matter how hard I try to hold onto it.

I can't say that I've noticed any of these dreams coming true, at least not in a literal way, but I frequently experience déjà-vu. Although...back in 2000, when I was preparing to move from Colorado to Massachusetts, I had a vivid dream about moving into an apartment with a view of a mountain from the living room. When I got to Massachusetts, I was disappointed that I never actually found that apartment. Then in July 2006, I moved into an apartment with a view of a mountain from the living room. Mind you, my apartment and my mountain look nothing like the ones from my dream, but it's nevertheless an interesting coincidence.

I've never thought my dreams were real memories, because they don't take place in my past, and they don't match any memories I have of real events. Once, though, I dreamt I was a black female slave. When I woke up I still thought I was her. I didn't recognize my bedroom at all, and I was frightened to wake up in a very strange place. (Not only did I not recognize the room, I didn't recognize anything about it, like the TV. I didn't know what a TV was.) The biggest shock was when I threw off the covers and looked down at my hands. I was expected to see a black woman's hands, not a white man's hands. With that shock, all my memories of myself came rushing back in, and suddenly I knew where I was and who I was. It was a fascinating experience, but never happened again.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
The vast majority of my dreams are non-sensical with times, places, and characters suddenly switching and events not happening in real time. I'll dream that I have to go back to high school and take a test because I never really graduated, but my high school is also the Death Star and Darth Vader, who is a gray-skinned alien, not a cyborg, is the principal of the school and the auditorium looks like the cathedral to my church and then I'm suddenly in class naked and my grandmother is the teacher and then I'm in a car driving North to France...

Woah those sound bizarre! Especially the one where you're a slave. Do believe at all in having past lives? I know it doesn't sound right, but there's no way to prove that it doesn't happen.