ok, why the hell is Mandee leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Watch it there, Marley. I happen to like her, and don't plan on ever verbally slamming her. As to getting in touch with her, well I've emailed her personally, and am waiting.

He didnt say anything negative about Mandee, why are you being so touchy? Mandee has just decided to take a break. She will be back ,Chuck.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
Aw, I know he didn't there, naughty. I'm just very agitated over this & wanna get to the bottom of it.
Chuck, I would suggest emailing her. She shared with me her reason, but I think it would be better coming from her. Sometimes people just need a break. I agree that we shouldn't turn this thread into one that attacks her--that has been done enough times on this board.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Aw, I know he didn't there, naughty. I'm just very agitated over this & wanna get to the bottom of it.

My guess is the link in Numb3rs' post. Even though it was closed, Mandee apparently seems to have still taken it to heart. Despite her very high post count :)rolleyes:), she's still fairly new here and hasn't seemed to aclimate the ascerbic and caustic nature of this site.

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
My guess is that thread in Numb3rs' post. Even though it was closed, Mandee apparently seems to have still taken it to heart. Despite her very high post count :)rolleyes:), she's still fairly new here and hasn't seemed to aclimated the ascerbic and caustic nature of this site.
acerbic...I love that word...I will have to add that one to my vocab:smile:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no matter what, i do think people were rather shitty to her on that thread. are all the people who start threads about unsolicited PMs lambasted like that? no. and most of those threads were started in by women knowing full well that the issue has been beaten to death on this site. hell, gillette, who seemed to be the most antagonistic towards mandee, started a thread about it and made it a sticky well after at least 10 other threads had come and gone over the same issue.

attention whoring or not, i don't blame her for getting upset and leaving because she got quite a shitty reception. i chose not to reply to that thread because i felt i'd said all i needed to in the other 6 million PM threads.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My guess is the link in Numb3rs' post. Even though it was closed, Mandee apparently seems to have still taken it to heart. Despite her very high post count :)rolleyes:), she's still fairly new here and hasn't seemed to aclimate the ascerbic and caustic nature of this site.

That's bollocks. She's added her own caustic behaviour to this site a time or two:
This is what she said to me after her first month here. I'd say she was making herself quite comfortable.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

PErsonally, I dont see why she or anyone else should have to become acclimated to it. The only way it will really change however is for each of us to think before posting. I know I have had my own instances of responding from the hip. As to whether others will take this to heart it is up to each individual.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
question, is there not a way to filter your inbox?? i sure wouldn't want 2,000 'rate my cock' messages flooding me. if there isn't a filering system there should be because we've all seen some of the filth that gets passed around here, and definitely seen how overwhelming it can be to have 100 people calling you whiny and deconstructing your posts, quote by quote to tell you what a hypocrite you are and how wrong you are. me personally, i just starting posting about a week ago and have done everything from race to stereotypes to poetry to polls about sexuality. the poetry post got moderate responses, but the race and stereotype threads were slammed by people putting me down and the poll that was simply about sexual preference turned into a race to see who can prove how offensive i was being, by the same people who go around slamming everybody else

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the babe is spot on, as usual

Thank you. One of the problems is that many of us live by the "Im o,k but you better be damned perfect" motto when viewing and responding to the posts of others. Spewing nastiness with the caveat of invoking the 5th amendment or using pithy statements like "I am just speaking my mind" or "She or he said it first.' just doesnt cut it. I am not naming any names I think we ALL have been guilty of this from time to time but the only way out of it as a SUPPORT GROUP is to do some individual assessment before we push that post button. Is what I am about to say necessary? Is it meant to deliberately get a rise out of someone else ? Will it set off controversy because it could be seen as offensive to other board members and is better off left unsaid? THinking about these things could virtually make the title of troll a thing of the past.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
That's bollocks. She's added her own caustic behaviour to this site a time or two:
This is what she said to me after her first month here. I'd say she was making herself quite comfortable.

Thanks for reminding me. I recall that thread, and a few others, where she wasn't so innocent. She can't take her own medicine. I was trying to be cautious in my post since she obviously has many friends on here from her Count to 25,000, Connect the Song Titles, Last Person to Post Wins, etc. threads. She seems to only venture out of those childish threads to write something hateful.

In all honesty, she annoys me -- and has so for a while, which is clear in this thread: http://www.lpsg.org/77397-love-all-things-good-world.html

Lambchop would be so disappointed.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally Posted by mercurialbliss

:eek:. wow, i hadn't known mandee very long so it's like hearing barney tell a bunch of kids to fuck off, still love her though

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
PErsonally, I dont see why she or anyone else should have to become acclimated to it. The only way it will really change however is for each of us to think before posting. I know I have had my own instances of responding from the hip. As to whether others will take this to heart it is up to each individual.

I agree. We've all had our kneejerk reactions to deal with, but most of us haven't played the victim. 100 innocent pouty faces doesn't make you a saint.

lttlgrllst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm guessing this had a lot to do with it.....

http://www.lpsg.org/84518-why.html

After reading that thread ^^^ I'm sure that's why but also some people have made disparaging comments on post counts. It seems if you haven't been here for years you shouldn't have a high post count.

I would say to those people who are so concerned about post counts. What the fuck difference does it make how many posts anybody has? It takes all kinds of people to make this site what it is and Mandee is one of the better people on here.

Mandee spends most of her time here on the funny stuff and games forum, I've noticed. A wise choice, less degrading assholes there.

It shouldn't matter if you're a great intellect or not, in fact some of the intellectual bullshit on here is downright boring. Seems some people just want to show how deep they are, it comes across as how shallow they really are, actually.

Some people actually do come here to have fun, play games, ect. Not pick fights.

The people who find nothing better to do than prowl the site looking for threads to sharpen their claws in are assholes. Mandee was treated like shit in that thread and some of the remarks in this thread are going the same way.

Sorry about my rant Chuck, but this pisses me off to. I hope Mandee won't let this place and some of the assholes here get to her. She's a very sweet girl.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for reminding me. I recall that thread, and a few others, where she wasn't so innocent. She can't take her own medicine. I was trying to be cautious in my post since she obviously has many friends on here from her Count to 25,000, Connect the Song Titles, Last Person to Post Wins, etc. threads. She seems to only venture out of those childish threads to write something hateful.

If she's made friends here, I think that's great. TBH, i've not bothered to read any of her posts after our exchange since she did not make a good first impression with me when she arrived.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Seems some people just want to show how deep they are, it comes across as how shallow they really are, actually.
The people who find nothing better to do than prowl the site looking for threads to sharpen their claws in are assholes.

AMEN. oh mandee, you came and you gave me a.... something

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How do you know Mandee is leaving? This is the first that I have heard of it. I mean I haven't seen a goodbye thread or anything mentioned before this thread that she is leaving.

Hopefully you as her friend can talk her into staying. She made the statement that she likes this site. If she likes the site she should stay.

If she doesn't like the way people respond to the threads she starts.....she has options.....People always have options. She can go ahead and start threads about whatever she wants to.....but people need to realize that they might get unwanted advice.....or opinions that they don't want to hear or agree with. Don't take everything that is said personally. Basically gleen all the goodstuff and ignore the negative. I always heard the saying......if you can't take the heat.....stay out of the kitchen.

Not everyone is going to like somebody every minute of the day.......And not everyone is going to have the same opinion.

But everyone has as much right as anyone else to share their opinion. It just doesn't need to esculate into name calling (that shows a lack of maturity and self control) and there shouldn't be anything that happens on this site that would cause legal issues for the site owner. And this is all my opinion......I am not the best with the way I think and getting my thoughts across (communicating with others).....but I try really hard.

I would like to see Mandee stay but the choice is hers.....nobody can make that choice but her.

Status
Not open for further replies.