Okay, I've got two questions!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mephistopheles, Nov 17, 2006.

1. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Okay, I've got two questions, apparrently.

Watch this(Not the whole thing, just enough to see the singer):
    YouTube - Danzig-Left Hand Black (Live).mpg

Okay, first off, what kind of shirt is he wearing? That lloks mega fucking comfortable.

And secondly, how many Xmen fans do we have out there?
    Did you know the man in that video was asked by the casting directors of Xmen to audtion for Wolverine? That's right, he was their first choice for the role.

Hugh Jackman Sucks!

2. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Heh heh, he's a bit of a head case. I once saw Danzig being interviewed
    on Much Music in Toronto before a show. And the female reporter asks
    a question about their supposed satanc beleifs.Well The other members of the band ran for the hills and Glenn Danzig goes on an unholy diatribe about the
    media and false reports. It was very entertaining.Kind of reminded me of any time some Vegetarian tries to debate Ted Nuggent. Ahh Good times!!!!

3. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Danzig = heavy metal version of The Doors

That aside, I hate the guitaristry; it's all sloppy. I also can't understand a word he's singing.

4. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well actually Danzig wasn't always metal. And the reason the music is the way it is is because every one in the band use dto be punkers back in the 70s.

And I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about... At All.

Besides, I didn't ask if you liked Danzig, I wanted to know what kind of shirt he was wearing.

5. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I actually thought Hugh played a very good Wolverine.

I quickly got over the fact that Wolvie is 5'3 and 195 pounds in the comics (definition of a MuscleBear, if ever there were one).

Also--Marvel asked the Xmen comic artists to make Wolverine taller after the first movie was cast and looked good.

That guy looks way to skinny to play Wolverine.

6. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well that video is from years before Danzig was asked to play wolverine, and what made the people want him to play wolverine was his hair(his beard/sideburns), his height(5'6"), his size, and the form of his body.

Besides look at Hugh Jackman, are you saying that guy isnt thin?

7. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Everyone in HollyWood is thin, even the buff guys.

Jackman did a fine job. He IS Wolverine at this point.

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I used to be an X-Men fan back in the day... when I still liked comic books. I think Hugh Jackman was great for the role, even if he's not quite as short, hairy and ugly as the comic version of Wolvie. But he is a great actor with terrific stage presence. Along with Stewart and McKellan (and good ensemble performances all around, + the excellent work of Synger) he really made those movies work. The first two, anyway.

Never seen Danzig live, though I like some of their studio stuff, and it (Danzig/Gdansk) is a nice place to visit...

9. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I'm not saying Hugh Jackman isn't wolverine... Considering he played him in three of the movies I'm pretty confident that he DID infact play Wolverine in those movies, no one else played him.(Except the stunt doubles)

All I'm saying is I think Danzig looks the part better than Jackman.

Wolverine = 5'3" 196 lbs

Danzig = 5'6" 200 lbs

Not to mention his hairstyle, and even his face looks a little like Logan... I just think he would have been a better wolverine.

Look at the beginning of this video and tell me that doesnt look like Wolverine(Keep in mind I mean Wolverine, Logan, not Jackman... Wolverine from the comics)
    And at around 2:38, tell me that doesnt look like Logan, and if you do then you're a liar!

And look at these:

1(someone's lame attempt at making Glenn Look like wolverine(look at the hair) but either way you can't deny that it looks like wolverine

That guy look like Logan

10. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Well sorry, but his voice is a dead ringer for Jim Morrison's, except that I can understand Jim Morrison. They look and sound like heavy metal to me. And yes, the guitars sound sloppy. It could just be because they're smashed, after all it is a live show, but still.

11. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I love Misfits. I hate Danzig. Yes, that's possible. :rolleyes:

Danzig is Aqua Teen Hunger Froce:
    Part one
    Part two

Seriously hilarious.

12. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree, Danzig does sound like a mix between Jim Morrison and Elvis presley.

But the Band, and musician, Danzig cannot be pinned as simply Metal.

Danzig has released several blues albums, classical albums, and even industrial albums. It asn't until 1999 that Danzig took on a metal sound, which he sort of dropped for his new classical album.

And Glenn has developed a bad habit, from his punk days, of singing partially away from the mic, or ripping it away at the end of a lyric:
    "Death comes Ripping." becomes "Deth comes Rippin--"
    All the same Danzig has a powerful stage presence. I've seen him live 3 times and those were the best concerts Id ever been to.

BTW: None of them are smashed, none of the members(except Chuck Biscuits) ever did drugs. The reason it sounds bad is because thats taken from the VHS tape "Thrall: Demonsweat Live", its VHs so that soun is shitty.

Many consider John Christ(the guitarist) to be a great gutarist, not only great, but a virtuoso.

Also, what kind of music do you listen to Nitro Fiend?(You're name sounds like it was taken from the Misfits)

EDIT: Louanne, I agree, that is pretty funny, and I think it's awesome they even got Glenn to do the voice for his cameo. Also, did you know that after he finished reading his lines he told the voce recorders "I hope that was worth the 20 dollars I owed you."

And Have you seen the opening(with Dr. Weird) where the doctor tears his assistant's spine out, swings it in the air and Screams "Samhain forever!"... That is a reference to Glenn Danzig's second band "Samhain"

Pronounced Samhane, not like the regular samhain(sowen)

13. D_Herin_Ghan

D_Herin_Ghan Account Disabled

My favorite cartoon bar none.

I own every single episode from every season. I love that show.

Long live the mooninites!

14. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

I do like The Misfits, but no, my username doesn't come from The Fiend Club, lol. I guess you can say I like everything from Mozart to Pantera. I've been playing guitar for about 5 years, and I play a bunch of different styles. I'm into prog and things like Dream Theater and stuff right now, but I'm very much an improvisational guitarist who can play along with anything. Though, I despise pop punk, emo, and anything else I deem trite or trendy. I'm completely about substance and I hate showiness with minimal talent (and I hate the fans of those types of acts most of all). However I can respect stupid for the sake of stupid.

My guitar idols are Randy Rhoads, John Petrucci, Dimebag Darrell, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Slash (only his G'N'R stuff), and Tony Iommi.

Honorable mentions include Brian May, David Gilmour, Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Michael Romeo, and Yngwie Malmsteen (only for his style and tone, he's an overrated wanker). Zakk Wylde has had his moments but he's mostly a wanking cunt.

I also love Bach, Segovia, and classical guitar.

Does that answer your question? I could go into agonizing detail to list everything that I like and what I have been influenced by but I personally don't want to dust off of that text, lol.

15. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    That is indeed an impressive list, but I must say its no different than anyone else I know who plays guitar, likes guitar, or pretends to like guitar.

Actually, I have a friend named Kevin who spat out that entire list to me once before(Though he added the band Tetra and didn't listen to bb king or Zakk wylde) and he's a great guitarist... though that doesnt make up for the fact that he has no mind of his own.

I would be surprised that you hadnt listened to John Christ before, but come to think about it those guitarists are all really well known.

I prefer to have something special, so I dig deep for my music, to find the people who arent just in it for the cash.

BTW: I still havent had one of my original questions answered... What kind of shirt is Glenn wearing in that video?!

16. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

There's more to acting than looks. Glen Danzig is probably a shitty actor, and at any rate probably isn't as good as Jackman. Maybe he would have looked cool on the posters. But you should be glad he didn't get the part.

17. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Because I like something or possibly have yet to discover more noteworthy musicians it means I don't have a mind of my own? I happen to think they make up the best list. Good music is good music, plain and simple. If it's not good, it's not good. Those are the best at their craft that I know of; the people with the best phrasing and most impressive licks or styles (auditory as well as visual). We must just have different tastes. I like music where the instruments show the feeling and expression, and I could care less if the people are paid heavily for it or not. I'd want to be paid and recognized too, who wouldn't be? And don't kid yourself, Danzig want $$$$$$ just like all other rational-minded people.

18. mephistopheles

Gold Member

Albums:
    Glenn is actually a very decent actor, and with a little coaching could be great. He's done plenty of voice over acting, and hes been in a few movies here and there.

Oh well, the role is taken and has been filled well, c'est la vie.

Draft saved Draft deleted