Okay, ladies... I need to know.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How in the HELL do you open pop cans with long fingernails?!?! I saw a manicurist for the first time in my life about a week and a half ago... I got some fake nails put on, and they really aren't all that long, but they have made me completely unable to open soda cans. :frown1:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
um, teeth? :biggrin1:
lol, j/k.. I always used a key, cos always had my keys with me wherever I was.
My natural nails grow fast and are incredibly hard, I quit doing the acrylics when I realized it was destroying my nails. My own, I use as a screwdriver in an emergency!!:tongue:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I don't care about breaking my nails, but I push down on the tab and get my finger under it enough to lift it up. My neibour freaked out on me for using my nails lol

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How in the HELL do you open pop cans with long fingernails?!?! I saw a manicurist for the first time in my life about a week and a half ago... I got some fake nails put on, and they really aren't all that long, but they have made me completely unable to open soda cans. :frown1:

They sell a device for that online. In the mean time use a butter knife or spoon.

More importantly, who's back are you scratching?:wink::tongue:

JennyS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I use the side of my thumb, never nails (not that mine are long to begin with).

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm with Jenny. I always use the side of my thumb [when i had fake nails.] I've grown out of it.. im all about natural manicured nails. Fakes can be fun during sex ;)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They sell a device for that online. In the mean time use a butter knife or spoon.
You always amaze me. You know the most random things!

TattooedMamaMeg, your manicure will look its best only for a week or so as it is. You'd be doing yourself a favor to keep using tools as you have been.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My nails are natural but I use them to open ring pull cans, I have seen other people using the handle of a spoon or some other kitchen utensil. While I'm on the subject of nails my tip for growing your nails long is to ALWAYS wear nail polish, I was a bad nail biter until I was a teenager and the lady who nagged me into stopping nail biting advised me to always wear nail varnish, that it added a supporting layer to your nails. Since having long nails I've never gone without nail varnish and mine grow spectacularly long. Some nail experts will say nails need to breath, my personal experience is that's a load of crap.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I use my nail to lift it just enough as to where i can get my thumb under it to lift it the rest of the way.

SpoiltP
your tip on wearing nail polish is very true. I was a BAD nail biter (almost t the point of bleeding sometimes) but as soon as i put polish on i stop, usually clear does the job until i get them looking good enough to show off and add colour. Its also good for a little added strength to

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i used to get my nails done every two weeks, and i was able to do it just fine with my nails. I did it more from the size of my finger, and my nails would just slide underneath and it worked perfectly. never broke a nail or anything. :smile:

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only problem with wearing polish all the time is it stains your nails.

The first time I wore fake nails was for a friend's wedding. They tore up my real, bitten nails underneath. After my nails grew back where they weren't bumpy, I stopped biting them.

On a different note, what nail length is too long? I saw a lady whose nails were so long, her pinky nail was curling. I find long, talon-like nails gross. Especially when they start to curl. And really long acrylics? Not a fan of those either. Don't take offense ladies if you like them really long, it's just an opinion!

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i didn't get them painted, i got white tips.

i think the perfect length is more sporty. long enough to have a little white tip there, but not so long that you can't even wipe your ass. :tongue: lol.

i also think that too long is gross.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like mine long but there is a point when nails are too long, real nails aren't exactly symmetrical so if they get too long they'd start curling around and looking disgusting like the record breaking nails you see in the Guinness Book of Records, and how do those people do anything? Most people like my nails, a couple of guys do however find them spooky.