Okay ladies... so when should a guy be "taking a hint"???

Darpon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your question is incredibly vague; from what it seems to me, girls would have a rather difficult time trying to answer that. "Take a hint" has SEVERAL meanings.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree I've tried to hints thing forever, I gets me no where with my guy. Then again I know people who can speak to each other with looks. So WHAT or you asking us exactly. A "hint" to get lost? A "hint" we like you? A "hint" we want you?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree I've tried to hints thing forever, I gets me no where with my guy. Then again I know people who can speak to each other with looks. So WHAT or you asking us exactly. A "hint" to get lost? A "hint" we like you? A "hint" we want you?

Only my first love and I could do that. I kept looking for another man who could practically read my mind, but never found one and I eventually figured out that it's an unusual talent for a man to have.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Great Petite just crush all my dreams why don't ya':wink:

I have to be honest, we didn't reach that point until we had been together for a long time, either, but he was the one I wrote about in the other thread about being incredible at reading body language and faces. He had a very special ability for it that was one of the factors that made him very charismatic with people. When I saw that show "Lie to Me" I was immediately reminded of him, except he was a lot more attractive and charismatic than the main character of the show. I had unrealistically high expectations for what other men should be capable of doing because we were together so long. It's was an expectation that caused me to unfairly judge other men and caused me a lot of disappointment.

Unsurprisingly, he's my most monetarily successful ex-boyfriend.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to be honest, we didn't reach that point until we had been together for a long time, either, but he was the one I wrote about in the other thread about being incredible at reading body language and faces. He had a very special ability for it that was one of the factors that made him very charismatic with people. When I saw that show "Lie to Me" I was immediately reminded of him, except he was a lot more attractive and charismatic than the main character of the show. I had unrealistically high expectations for what other men should be capable of doing because we were together so long. It's was an expectation that caused me to unfairly judge other men and caused me a lot of disappointment.

Unsurprisingly, he's my most monetarily successful ex-boyfriend.

Lol he makes so much money because he can read people. My guy says he's good at reading people... Bless his heart:tongue: I love's him anyway:wink: I've hit the point that money is only important if you can't pay your bills. That would be the only time money would factor in for me. Not saying if my guy was hurt I wouldnt help him out cause I would. But if I were looking for someone and they were in a state of unemployment most of the time, I would run in the other direction. My guy and I were actually talking about this last night. Because a guy on tv was talking about being a stay at home Dad. And I was like that does nothing for me, and he's like what guys can't stay at home while the woman works? I just looked at him and said "As long as you've known me you don't know I'm very old-fashioned?" I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm just completely turned-off by it. I've always been attracted to the hunter-gatherer type man.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In a way, if I'm talking to a girl I just meant, my biggest fear is her not wanting to talk to me, but talking to me just to not be rude. I don't want to be that guy that doesn't catch a hint, and I'm extremely oblivious, especially when dealing with people I don't know. So I miss obvious hints of flirting, but I also miss obvious hints of "I don't want to talk to you."

this fear is paralyzing sometimes. There are many girls I've passed up simply assuming I wouldn't know if they wanted to talk or not.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In a way, if I'm talking to a girl I just meant, my biggest fear is her not wanting to talk to me, but talking to me just to not be rude. I don't want to be that guy that doesn't catch a hint, and I'm extremely oblivious, especially when dealing with people I don't know. So I miss obvious hints of flirting, but I also miss obvious hints of "I don't want to talk to you."

this fear is paralyzing sometimes. There are many girls I've passed up simply assuming I wouldn't know if they wanted to talk or not.

Strike up a conversation, body language can be important with most of us. If she leans towards you, turns her body towards you, normally she would smile and give more indepth answers versus short clipped responses. Flirting hints- locking eyes with you and holding your gaze and smiling while you are staring at each other. She constantly looks over at you. She touch's you in an innocent way, meaning brushes her hand against yours, lays her hand on your arm while she's talking.

Go away hints, she stares past you when she's talking to you (meaning more than just a glance away), she turns kind of away and acts like she's searching the area for someone else.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you talk to women like the title of your thread then you'll probably never get the hint because we won't give it to you! In fact, we'll have no idea what you're talking about.

OK, listen: we're the only ones who can be vague, ok? You're the ones who have to figure it out. Not the other way around.

And if you have to ask, well then you just don't know me.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You're out of luck. It's just not in your genes. According to the research I found in these two posts, men aren't good at reading women's sexual come-on signals or body language in any circumstance:

The beginning

The rest

It appears that brain scans prove it. Men tested to see if they could read body language in videos and photos failed but the women did very well.

If it makes you feel any better, you'll always be bigger and stronger. :redface:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Lol he makes so much money because he can read people. My guy says he's good at reading people... Bless his heart:tongue: I love's him anyway:wink: I've hit the point that money is only important if you can't pay your bills. That would be the only time money would factor in for me. Not saying if my guy was hurt I wouldnt help him out cause I would. But if I were looking for someone and they were in a state of unemployment most of the time, I would run in the other direction. My guy and I were actually talking about this last night. Because a guy on tv was talking about being a stay at home Dad. And I was like that does nothing for me, and he's like what guys can't stay at home while the woman works? I just looked at him and said "As long as you've known me you don't know I'm very old-fashioned?" I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. I'm just completely turned-off by it. I've always been attracted to the hunter-gatherer type man.

You'd have been a pickle in my house then when i was married cos i worked and he stayed at home with the 4 youngest children as i earned £15K a year more than he did.:wink: