Okay, yall. Tell the truth

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
How many times over the last couple of days did you check LPSG only to find it still closed?

As for me, I lost count. LPSG is my home page so every time I got online my browser tried to log me on to the forum. Other than that I only tried every hour-or-so. :argh:

Thanks, Mark, for the hard work, but I just wish it weren't so much like a trip to the dentist. :eek:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by ChimeraTX+Jul 22 2005, 11:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChimeraTX &#064; Jul 22 2005, 11:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Pecker@Jul 22 2005, 10:43 PM
How many times over the last couple of days did you check LPSG only to find it still closed?

As for me, I lost count.  LPSG is my home page so every time I got online my browser tried to log me on to the forum.  Other than that I only tried every hour-or-so. :argh:

Thanks, Mark, for the hard work, but I just wish it weren&#39;t so much like a trip to the dentist.  :eek:
[post=330871]Quoted post[/post]​
A lot, atleast fifty times. :p
[post=330889]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
I was just sure that LPSG had been shut down by the goernment and I would never talk to my friends again. Mark, glad that the server is better. It needed some work. And to my family "Welcome home to my computer."

When you are like Pecker and I and do a lot of living throught the computer, the loss of a web site is like having your house burn down.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I&#39;d been at home with the parents one night and then at a play another night and didn&#39;t get back until about 5:30pm CDT today, but I checked it at least 10 times before it came online tonight :)

dufus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Pecker@Jul 22 2005, 11:43 PM

As for me, I lost count. LPSG is my home page so every time I got online my browser tried to log me on to the forum. Other than that I only tried every hour-or-so. :argh:

Thanks, Mark, for the hard work, but I just wish it weren&#39;t so much like a trip to the dentist.

Don&#39;t blame Mr. Mark. Everyone here owes him a big thanks for his efforts and expenses. Thanks Mr. Mark. I admit that I was annoyed when I couldn&#39;t log in, but you are still tops in my book&#33;

Pappy

Media
I was to say the least happy when I finally got back in. It&#39;s not like we didn&#39;t know it was going to happen, Mark had already told us about the pending move. I think that he and whomever it was that helped with the move did an excellent job and should be commended for their effort. It could have taken a lot longer than it did. I&#39;m just happy it&#39;s back up and running.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Jul 23 2005, 04:39 AM
I didn&#39;t keep count, but it was quite a few. LPSG withdrawal is so pitiful&#33;
[post=330896]Quoted post[/post]​

Hola&#33; I only checked in about six or seven times, but it took a concentrated effort not to check it every ten minutes&#33; What a loser. Needless to say, I played more cribbage than I ever have in my life.

Freddie, believe me you&#39;re not the only one who lives their life through the computer.

Mark, thanks so much for everything you do to make this place so great for us, as you can well see, we appreciate it greatly. I think a lot of us who are "oddballs" of one sort and another have banded together here to form a weird family, I miss all you guys (and girls) when I can&#39;t be with you.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
...errr.... 5-6 times. I did not dispair : I knew it will be back B)
Besides, a break, a pause just makes things sweeter :D

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL&#33;

Well I only checked it about 4 times a day but we actually received franatic emails about it going down. What were we going to do without LPSG? Well, I guess we survived .It wasnt fun it wasnt pretty but we survived&#33; LOL&#33;

naughty

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I visit the site once or twice a day, so I assume I was checking to see if it were back online at about the same rate. I can remember one day that I mused, "Hmmm, I didn&#39;t go to LPSG today." I use Firefox and I took LPSG off of my Bookmarks Toolbar and lumped it in with my other Humor links, so perhaps I visit a bit less than usual.

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
OK..let&#39;s see... never really counted-- but on first day when it said it would be back up that night I might have checked about 15x then the next day when I got the weird screen I checked about 5
then whne I opened my mailbox today and found a bunch of mail with the active thread posts I got excited-- I&#39;m addicted-- is Mark a pusher?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
OMG almost a whole Saturday without LPSG&#33;

* blither * :freak: * blither *

I&#39;m becoming a blithering idiot&#33;&#33;&#33;

taven

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I&#39;ve been gone for two weeks, so I missed the frustration and had to settle for my own anxiety about being away. This morning I tried 15 times but finally got through by 3pm so I can start to read all the back messages posted during my hiatus.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oddly not at all. I left home on the day before Thursday (Wednesday in case you are unsure) and headed off to Jamestown where I arrived very late Friday evening and didn&#39;t get the laptop out of the car until an hour ago (don&#39;t you just adore modern portable technology?). So the place was down and I didn&#39;t get to have a hissy-fit? Darn, I miss all the fun events&#33; Now if this place shuts down periodically for the next few days I&#39;ll be equally perturbed since I don&#39;t have a lot of time right now for this--coming here--and I hate missing those tender loving messages of "Website not responding".

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Five or six times.

A DAY&#33;

SO sad.

Really never realized how far "in" I am till this point.

Spending the next week in a hotel room, so I wonder how I&#39;ll fare--where will I get my "fix"?

...you&#39;ve really got a hold on me...

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Addicted is putting it mildly&#33; I checked 7 or 8 times a day. It really was like withdrawal (LOL).
Let me add my thanks, Mark, for the job you do&#33; You&#39;ve created a little haven here for all of us, and it&#39;s very much appreciated.

B-man