Olbermann's special comment Oct 27th

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you missed Keith Olbermann's "Special Comment" last night on the Tea Party it is a definite must see. All he does for most of it is QUOTE the stances and positions of TP candidates for major races all over the country. You go to MSNBC's website and on the upper part of the page click on "Countdown" --- on the left part of the Countdown page it says, "Special Comment" and you can either watch the video or view the whole text! It's just really hard to believe it's 2010! After you view it -- your comments here would be appreciated!

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Saw it and thought it was utterly BRILLIANT !

He disected all the lunatic fringe running for office in very succint phrases, Showing us ALL how terrified we should be should this manic group gain any sort of power with the HOUSE.

~HH~

P.S. You can see the video directly by clicking the link below . You can either save it or run it just to see it the one time.

Last edited:

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you missed Keith Olbermann's "Special Comment" last night on the Tea Party it is a definite must see. All he does for most of it is QUOTE the stances and positions of TP candidates for major races all over the country. You go to MSNBC's website and on the upper part of the page click on "Countdown" --- on the left part of the Countdown page it says, "Special Comment" and you can either watch the video or view the whole text! It's just really hard to believe it's 2010! After you view it -- your comments here would be appreciated!
:eek:..This is all you had to do..copy and paste the link

Whoo Hoo!! He'll get a Grammy for that one..That was awesome!
he was great when he was on ESPN and he's great now..

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And you're not terrified by the current crop of representatives??

Not as much as the bunch poised by the GOP.
I honestly can't see why anyone would have such a disdain for the current president and administration that they would willingly vote in people who cry about maintaining the Constitution while at the same time can't even tell anyone beyond their freedom to speak and own a gun what's in it, and campaign for its dismantlement by removing or altering key Amendments that focus on the election of political officials by the people and civil rights. The last two years could have been really good for this country... you had a president who was centrist in his actions willing to work things out between two political parties and the existing bodies of government, only to be greeted by those who didn't give two shits about policy. The opposition has nothing but a bunch of campaign slogans with no plans for implementing them, and more divisive social hatred than we have seen since the 60s. They just want to "win" in 2012... or win enough during the midterm elections so they can try and impeach the president for seeking out to do things that the majority of Americans actually support.

Like Olbermann said after going through a 15 minute tear of comments and quotes by the new conservative hopefuls - "You are willing to let these people run this country? This is the America you want? This is the America you are willing to permit? These are the kinds of cranks, menaces, mercenaries and authoritarians you will turn this country over to?"

The current batch of Democrats are not without their own scandals and issues. Many of them are too cowardly to challenge their opponents and really push forward when they have the support of citizens due to the fear of heavy scrutiny. However, they're nowhere as threatening or cerebrally challenged as the Teahadists who want to become their replacements.

Last edited:

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Compared to the imbeciles running under the guise of the GOP , Other than BACHAMANN, BONER & BURTON ..... HELL NO !!!

As the most beloved of ALL political figures WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON said, the current crop of teabaggers running for office makes BUSH and other Conservatives look like your Garden variety liberal !!! now THAT is frightening !

~HH~

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
I'm a longtime fan who turned Keith off before he got to the end last night. I agree 100% with everything he said, and have a long track record of agreeing with most of his opinions. But the ranting, raving delivery is turning me off more and more; I'd rather read his words than listen to another angry tirade in a nation being taken over by angry tirades. Give me Rachel's rueful humor, or quiet outrage, over bombast from Keith.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
another wonderful exposé by Mr. Olbermann. Unfortunately those most prone to vote for the very people he derides in his commentary will not know of their positions. the corporate control of our media will not allow for the fair balance of opinion across the spectrum of broadcast air time.

and as "uncut wonder" (woof) pointed out - any revelation of this commentary to the masses will be profiled as "the lefties are attacking"

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a longtime fan who turned Keith off before he got to the end last night. I agree 100% with everything he said, and have a long track record of agreeing with most of his opinions. But the ranting, raving delivery is turning me off more and more; I'd rather read his words than listen to another angry tirade in a nation being taken over by angry tirades. Give me Rachel's rueful humor, or quiet outrage, over bombast from Keith.

My feelings, precisely.

For years, Progressives bemoaned the fact that there was no blowhard for their cause at the caliber of Limbaugh, but they sure have one now. When KO first came to my attention about four years ago, I would be mesmerized by the sheer audacity and articulate quality of what he said in his Special Comments.

As I haven't owned a TV since my last one died in '08, I get all my info online now. I watch plenty of The Daily Show, and will click on an intriguing Maddow clip occasionally, but Olbermann's scornful rants turn me off, even when I agree with everything he's saying.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you have every right to turn him off and I understand the preference to not suffer the rantings of anyone on either side of the political divide but to compare Keith to the Mighty Blowhard Limbaugh is disingenuous. Keith may rant during his special comments but at least he speaks truth. Limbaugh dispenses nothing but lies to his audience.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

hmmmmmm let's see.........I know of no Democrat who wants to do away with the 14th, 16th & 17th Amendments to the VERY constitution the TParty so passionately wants to defend!! Actually -- the "current" crop may not be everything we desire.................but the ONE criteria I think a Congress person should have is "reasonable intelligence." We put up for 8 years with a President who could hardly get out an intelligible sentence and had the lowest IQ of any President we've had ------ to date!!
As I told a REALLY REALLY REALLY die hard Republican co-worker, "The Difference between you and I is that if George Bush were a Democrat -- I'd be calling for his impeachment!!"

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not as much as the bunch poised by the GOP.
I honestly can't see why anyone would have such a disdain for the current president and administration that they would willingly vote in people who cry about maintaining the Constitution while at the same time can't even tell anyone beyond their freedom to speak and own a gun what's in it, and campaign for its dismantlement by removing or altering key Amendments that focus on the election of political officials by the people and civil rights. The last two years could have been really good for this country... you had a president who was centrist in his actions willing to work things out between two political parties and the existing bodies of government, only to be greeted by those who didn't give two shits about policy. The opposition has nothing but a bunch of campaign slogans with no plans for implementing them, and more divisive social hatred than we have seen since the 60s. They just want to "win" in 2012... or win enough during the midterm elections so they can try and impeach the president for seeking out to do things that the majority of Americans actually support.

Like Olbermann said after going through a 15 minute tear of comments and quotes by the new conservative hopefuls - "You are willing to let these people run this country? This is the America you want? This is the America you are willing to permit? These are the kinds of cranks, menaces, mercenaries and authoritarians you will turn this country over to?"

The current batch of Democrats are not without their own scandals and issues. Many of them are too cowardly to challenge their opponents and really push forward when they have the support of citizens due to the fear of heavy scrutiny. However, they're nowhere as threatening or cerebrally challenged as the Teahadists who want to become their replacements.

ooooooooh baby "Teahadists!" I LUV that!! thanks!

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
you have every right to turn him off and I understand the preference to not suffer the rantings of anyone on either side of the political divide but to compare Keith to the Mighty Blowhard Limbaugh is disingenuous. Keith may rant during his special comments but at least he speaks truth. Limbaugh dispenses nothing but lies to his audience.

I watched the video again (with one of our Senior Citizens where I work) so we had the sound up pretty loud.................God he IS passionate (and extremely articulate!) My problem with Keith is that he needs to speak more in "truck driver" language ------ the average Joe just doesn't WANT complex ideas and thoughts --- it's what FOX/Limbaugh/Rove are masters at --- that subtle, memorable, sound bite turn of phrase (be it truth or falsehood -- it's memorable!). The educated too often dismiss those who may not have more than a high school GED ---- but if we could boil it all down to a more simplistic truth -- it would be more palatable to the masses!

Tee&A

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Department of Education is "unconstitutional"? Repealing the 14th amendment because it denies businesses the right to ban blacks if they feel they want to is a good idea? Speaking of businesses, they will be "damaged" if laws on pedophiles are toughened? The pressure on BP to pay more restitution is "un-American"?

Reporters are handcuffed and detained by a candidate's security; another candidate threatens to "destroy" a radio station if they didn't comply with her request to destroy all evidence of an embarrassing interview she granted them. Threats to trade "unpatriotic" Americans to other countries to "swap them" for those that will. Threats of extortion (to the President no less) by suggesting they will call for impeachment if he does not show his birth certificate...

What. Thee. FUCK? Wake up, America! This is 2000 all over again, just on a much grander scale.

I don't take the Tea Party seriously (in the sense that I give their ideals/platform any merit), but I do believe they have great power over the misinformed. After all, at one point in history Hitler was just seen as a passionate man with lofty ideas. We really won't kill off a large portion of a whole race just because one man says it's right...right? Yeah. He was harmless. Really...

If a transparent blowhard like Bill O'Lielly and a walking, breathing advertisement for hypocrisy like Brush Limbaugh can incite Joe Schmoe to violence, what do you think the Tea Party can do (even if they are just a front for the Pachyderms who don't have the guts to grab their balls and agree with them or support them outright)?

My Lord. I just got a massive headache...

What's more terrifying than the Tea Party? The fact that there is a large number of Americans who not only drink their Kool-Aid, but also follow blindly behind the music streaming from their pan flute. Wake me in 6 days. Better yet: don't.

Last edited:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm fairly liberal and think Tea Partiers are whackjobs, but Olbermann gets on my nerves. He speaks too goddamned fast. Much prefer Rachel Maddow.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm fairly liberal and think Tea Partiers are whackjobs, but Olbermann gets on my nerves. He speaks too goddamned fast. Much prefer Rachel Maddow.

Those in the know watch Maddow! I absolutely love her show and the stories she engages in. :wink:

However, I have to admit... when Olbermann does his special comments, NOBODY is safe from his wrath. When he does his regular show, I know to take some of his comments with a grain of salt. But rarely does his opposition try to refute when he decides to get a little grimy.

Also, Laurence O'Donnell needs some props as well. In the few weeks he's been on, he's really impressed me. He's not afraid to get aggressive with people to get an answer.