Old Age, what's your plan?

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I was thinking about this today, what do you plan to do when you get old. Are you going to live it out till the end at home? Long term care facility or what?

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sit in a rocking chair,in a middle of a field with a bottle of whisky my blanky and wait for the hooded one to come and get me.That way no family member is burdened :)

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I want to be able to golf whenever I want. Go to strip clubs during the day. Anyway, pretty much what I do now when not working ! :biggrin1:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse.

Failing that, access to good health care, a goodly stash of illicit pharmaceuticals and a young wife to ease the transition?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Given the present state of the economy, and the fact that I am just a working man, my best case scenario is that I will get to work until I die. Barring that, I hope to be able to die quickly, and not have a lingering illness. Being sick while living in a cardboard box under a bridge would really suck...

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess I fancy the fictional old age scenario featured in the movie "Secondhand Lions": Cantankerous old guys buzzing cornfields in a bi-plane, bullshitting about past exploits, or shooting at frogs in a pond from the front porch of their dilapitated Texas farmhouse. :cool:

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/j/2/3/secondhandlionspube.jpg

B_Demention

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ideally I'd kick the bucket halfway through sex at a reasonably old but still functional age, with a woman thirty years my junior underneath me. None of that dragged out, crawling along, "mind-my-ostomy-bag!" bullshit for years on end.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I seriously doubt I will have enough money saved to retire (hey, I TRIED back when I was gainfully employed! And I do have a little bit, just not enough!) I hope to semi-retire and work one of the temp jobs I do now - it's really low stress. I will probably live at home unless I become seriously ill. Since I will have no children, and am an only child myself, there will be no one (family) to take care of me, so I will be more reliant on the community, church, friends, etc. (Although I might be married then, who knows?)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't get retirement. I hope that I still want to work in my field until the day I die, even if it's not in the same way I do now.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to always say that I wanted to go to a nudist nursing home.....but I don't know if there are such things.......and I guess it depends on what kind of shape I am in when the time comes. I would probably like to be as independant as possible and live at home alone for as long as I can. My children can hire a sitter to come and check on me and make sure I don't burn my house down. But hopefully I will be so busy with all my social activities at the senior citizens center there won't be the extra time to hire a sitter.

Hopefully when the time comes for me to go it will happen swiftly......doing something I enjoy doing.....either shopping or sleeping.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Work until I'm 80 and hope the mortgage is finally paid, then go back to work.

My parents will be 86 and 87 this year and are still very active. Dad puts a lot of time in on buying and selling, has fun and does fairly well. Mom has been a housewife since 1945 and has a garden and feeds the birds.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My friends and I are planning to build ourselves a retirement resort in the Philippines. We are naming it "youth in Asia". :tongue: