Old LPSG

johnstone1985

Just Browsing
Media
It's came up in reference quite a lot from out *vintage* members, and just out of curiosity I would like to know more about it.

I've seemed to pick up on the fact that it was all set up as a joke and the more serious posters colonised it, but who set it up, where are they now, why did it dissolve and were the topics similar in general, and even your preference to the older or newer LPSG?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
The LPSG as we know it has been through and resurfaced under several different incarnations. I think I was a junior in college when I first heard of the group, and now, two years later, I'm still here.

There were quite a few people involved in its humble beginnings. Two guys, I believe. And you're right; it started out as a big spoof (and it so happened the administator guys were packin' big ones too), but soon as they knew it, guys began to frequent the board with legitimate concerns, questions, and advice for other members. The SG of LPSG, so to speak, was born. And to think, the headline on the index page read, "Did you know large penises are responsible for 1.9% of accidents inside the home?" or something of that nature.

I think it dissolved primarily because the owners couldn't afford to pay out of pocket to support it anymore. Similar LPSG groups began to reemerge through Yahoo! and other group web portals, but none had the original effect -- I suppose, the camaraderie and friendliness we all had for one another and how jovial the conversations and discussions went most of the time.

Yes, the current architecture of our group harkens back to how it was originally set up. We had threads for general conversation, for sex, for underwear and clothing, and the like. This group premiered the whole "personals ad" discussion and specific tailoring to the younger members of our club.

Preference?

I'll be honest. I liked the LPSG more back then, but I think it's a time issue. That is to say, I've been around for quite a while, and while it excited me at first to read some of these stories and really sift through this stuff, glad to have fellow big-dicked men to talk with, it's more of a commonplace thing now. I don't look at it with such glamourization, I suppose. Not that I don't like you guys. ;) I'm just an old vet, perhaps.

H8Monga: I'm new here, but I did find the old one in either 2000 or 2001. I didn't join or anything... I felt I didn't belong and it would have a rather negative effect on me... plus I thought it was a joke because what support do large guys need? I thought there would be a supremacist attitude here... and I guess there is some but not like I expected.

BIGBOYDAVE: I found this new LPSG site through the old one in December after having done an exhaustive search on Google for underwear for the well endowed.
It was still up and running then but I have lost its link so not sure it is still there.
Does anyone else know if its still there? if so can you provide the link Please.

Donk: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=meetgreet;num=1048618194;start=0#1 date=03/25/03 at 12:33:37] it started out as a big spoof (and it so happened the administator guys were packin' big ones too)[/quote]

Dee, I'm just wondering if you remember something I don't. The way I remember it, the original site owners (I think there were 3 of them) kinda sorta claimed to be big but they were never real specific about it. They never gave specific measurements and generally were vague and unresponsive when asked about their own endowments and generally did not participate much in the discussions.

It gave me the impression that even the part about the site owners having large penises started out as a joke. And then they got surprised when several genuinely large guys showed up and took over the board :). It's just something I have always wondered about: Did the LPSG start as a joke among some well-endowed guys who discovered they had large penises in common? Or were those of us with large penises the butt of the original joke?

H8Monga: That's interesting to hear. When I found the site I was sure it had to be a joke (as stated above) but it didn't seem to be so. I guess I missed something. If only they had a place built like this for the other side of the tracks.

Ineligible: If you searched enough around the old site, there were to be found a few (G-rated, well-covered) pictures of the original site owners. They were of college student age, if I remember rightly. As Donk says, they never quoted their own stats.

H8Monga, there are some small penis boards. The oldest-established that I know of, the original "small exchange", has now changed its name and I haven't got it available just at the moment; but it was mainly a gay hook-up board in practice.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Donk is right. There were three guys in te beginning. If memory serves me right, they were Ralf, Mark and SlickRick. Later, Jimbo joined the moderator staff. The set up was different from the present one. From the cover page you could go to categories like Clothing and Events. If you clicked on Forums, it took you to a page where you could access My Penis, Personals and a couple more categories. My Penis was what was later divided into the present categories (except Personals) on the next incarnation of LPSG.
I remember the days when the site was still done as a joke, and I was one of the 'mutineers' who saw the potential of LPSG to be a legitimate support group.

awellhungboi: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1048618194;start=0#7 date=03/25/03 at 19:34:09]
I remember the days when the site was still done as a joke, and I was one of the 'mutineers' who saw the potential of LPSG to be a legitimate support group.[/quote]

Thanks to you and whoever else was involved in that 'mutiny' Whopper!

What interests me about that old board is the notion that a 'large penis support group' is funny. Just goes to illustrate the myth that bigger men don't have any problems, or that somehow having a big dick is a cure for all ills. Whenever I've been cold, lonely, tired, hungry, or in any other bad state, the thought, "Well at least I have a big cock," has been empty comfort indeed.

I'm pretty new here, been around for only a month or more, and have been a quasi-lurker for most of that time, but LPSG has been instructive (and entertaining!) to me. I found the site because one day at work I saw this woman looking at my crotch and grinning and I was simultaneously aroused, proud, and embarassed about it. So I was curious about what other guys did or felt--I play 'Google' games sometimes--entering weird search strings or emotions that I'm having. I forget what query I entered but it was something like, 'my large penis' or 'penis size', not really thinking anything would come up. The ez-board LPSG came up, and looking at those threads led me here and TA-DA! here I am.

H8Monga: [quote author=Ineligible link=board=meetgreet;num=1048618194;start=0#6 date=03/25/03 at 18:42:09]

H8Monga, there are some small penis boards. The oldest-established that I know of, the original "small exchange", has now changed its name and I haven't got it available just at the moment; but it was mainly a gay hook-up board in practice.[/quote]

I did find that board too about the time I found this one. It didn't rub off on me probably because it did seem more like a gay hook-up thing than what this place is, a community. If people use it to hook up, I don't get that sense... (I haven't looked at the personals section)... but as long as this place from what I've seen so far, it's not like an AOL chat and that is good with me.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=meetgreet;num=1048618194;start=0#1 date=03/25/03 at 12:33:37]
I'll be honest.  I liked the LPSG more back then, but I think it's a time issue.  That is to say, I've been around for quite a while, and while it excited me at first to read some of these stories and really sift through this stuff, glad to have fellow big-dicked men to talk with, it's more of a commonplace thing now.  I don't look at it with such glamourization, I suppose.  Not that I don't like you guys.  ;)  I'm just an old vet, perhaps.[/quote]

The novelty wears off, I agree. At first, when I found the lpsg (I was one of the original 'colonisers'), and even further back, the old large penis forum, it was a hugely powerful experience. It was the first time in my thirty odd years of living with an overlarge penis (ie since I was in my early teens) I had ever been able to discuss the issues with other guys who knew what I was talking about, and who wouldn't feel I was freakish/bragging/obsessed for raising them.

Now I don't think there is any new angle on it so far unexplored. It seems we have discussed most of them over and over again. But it is still great to be part of the fellow feeling of this group, and maybe to add my twopence worth now and again.

awellhungboi: Well, Max, to you and Dee and everyone else who's been around for a while, thanks. I hope that we newer members, male and female, who are exploring the topics and haven't seen what must seem like the same things over and over, can make the board interesting and lively enough to keep the 'veterans' coming back! With everybody throwing in two cents I feel like I'm making a fortune. :)

dantien: I too was a veteran of that old LPSG board...and like Max, it floored me...not only was I suprised to find other men who had similar problems with me (esp you big ball guys!) but I was also shocked to see that other guys DIDN'T have the same problems. Boy, that was surprising.

Truth is, LPSG has supported me. I know where I stand now and that I'm not alone with the occasional issue. Plus, well, it's real nice to be able to talk about it openly with people who wont put me down, laugh at me, or tell me to stop bragging. I dont have anyone in my real life who will sit and listen to me talk about it....not willingly at least.

As for a small penis site? http://www.measurection.com/ always seemed interesting to me...nice to view it from a different perspective. I havent been small in a long time so I dont know what life it like for small guys....it's so interesting! Glad to see all men of any size obsess about their penises.

thank Allah for the Internet...after all, none of you guys live anywhere near me so it's a true joy to have gotten to know you all so well. Like a brotherhood. And even though I dont post everyday, I have read LPSG everyday since that first incarnation. It makes me feel better I guess.

I hope LPSG sticks around...maybe someday my friends will understand and not snicker. ::)

richie:
I found this new LPSG site through the old one in December after having done an exhaustive search on Google for underwear for the well endowed.
It was still up and running then but I have lost its link so not sure it is still there.
Does anyone else know if its still there? if so can you provide the link Please.

The ezboard version of the board is still at: http://pub136.ezboard.com/blargepenissupportgroup

Enjoy!

richie

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dont check out the personals either...
but i have made some friends here, that already
i'm grateful for
and it doesnt have to do with sex, but a "connection".

I'm only a month old here, and i can see
thread topics returning again and again, but i'm interested in what certain people have to say...even about the old topics.

I have also gotten some good insight about my relationship with a man who had a much smaller penis than mine.
I understand even more what his experience has been, from my reading here.

mortis: There was one post on the old site by a girl who was saying rather credibly that 'YES, size DOES matter, obviously...'

...and then went on to say how there was only 2 guys in her school who were over 9 inches and they all knew because the girls would always 'suck and tell'...

...also something about jerking a guy off with 2 hands in a movie theatre...

If anyone can find that post, I would be eternally greatful if you could direct me to it!

View_From_Below: [quote author=txqis link=board=meetgreet;num=1048618194;start=0#14 date=03/26/03 at 11:55:08]....a man who had a much smaller penis than mine.
I understand even more what his experience has been, from my reading here.[/quote]

Txqis, could you elaborate on this? As a guy on the small end, I'd be very interested in what you have picked up about what that experience is like.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I hadnt checked this thread again in awhile, sorry.

Yes, i will elaborate...

I have told this story in a thread called (something like) "big guys view of smaller guys" or something like that

One of my bf's penis was 5.5 or 6
and had experienced prejudice from "size
queens" in the past...

i am NOT a size queen, and he was sexy and always
satisfied me...I gave him nothing but positive feedback....but yet, he was still down
on himself about it, regardless.

Now, i understand his point of view even
better from having read comments here at LPSG
...and even his very real longing for his penis to be
larger.

This place has been very helpful, actually.

(Did i answer your question fully?)

H8Monga: I think I did see that and I commented how amazed I am. I wish there were less size queens in the world. It's not easy even being average which would mean we're like most of the people in the world. But that's not satisfactory to us because of things said and expected. Pretty much my feelings about it are shown all over this board.