Old people smells.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this... but why do all old people smell the same? They have that one distinct smell, and no one but an old person has it. Did they all buy a huge jug of the same kind of perfume back in the 40s and are still using it today? what?

Maybe some of the older people can give us a little insight on this phenomena?

:biggrin1:

Sincerely,

The Mephisto Devil

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, to me kids smell the same and boys may stink because at some annoying age they just pretend to shower but not really do a full watery soap rinse job.

Older ladies may smell talc fragances...but I find this situation in my family dont know about others. Well in hot places we apply talc in kids and many people because of humidity etc...you find traces of it in feshly shower people around their necks mostly visible place. :wink:

Ah there is the naftalina smell...:rolleyes: no good.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't agree with any of this.

my 85 year old grandmother smells lightly of the perfume she's been wearing for 50 years. it's very comforting to me. i don't even know what people mean when they say "old people smell." to me, everyone has their own personal scent.

my child doesn't smell like shit or puke or snot or whatever people think babies smell like. he smells like lavender. i bathe him.

it's like saying all black people, or all indian people, or all gay people smell the same.

it's insulting.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i don't agree with any of this.

my 85 year old grandmother smells lightly of the perfume she's been wearing for 50 years. it's very comforting to me. i don't even know what people mean when they say "old people smell." to me, everyone has their own personal scent.

my child doesn't smell like shit or puke or snot or whatever people think babies smell like. he smells like lavender. i bathe him.

it's like saying all black people, or all indian people, or all gay people smell the same.

it's insulting.

You are damn right it is insulting snoozan...I am 74.. old yes... but not putrifying and I alternate between smelling like sweat, because I am still somewhat of an athlete, or after showering perhaps a bit like pleasant soap. When I really want to smell nice for my significant others I use a small amount of Chanel apres rasage pour monsieur on my face. Perhaps the O.P. is confusing age with infirmity..such as in nursing homes... where the pervading smell is often that of urine! Believe me O.P. age is a number and not a stigma and you too will have your day to be old and smell clean and desirable!:mad:

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i don't agree with any of this...
...it's insulting.

I'm sorry you feel that way...

O WAIT! Nevermind, no I'm not sorry, and I think it's funny you find it insulting. You're one of those pricks who makes everyone out to be racist or prejudice. I've been around people like you all my life.

I'm surprised you didnt try harder to lay a guilt trip on me.

Everytime I have ever been around an old person they all smell exactly the same! I'm not saying its good or bad, its just there. Idk what it smells like, there is no other smell like it. Maybe mothballs...

The point is: All old people small like mothballs, all white guys smell like mayonaisse, all black guys smell like fried chicken, all indian guys smell like rotten indian food, and all babies smell like a mixture of vomit and piss...

Is that what you want me to say? Lemme make it easier for you to judge me.

I hate EVERYONE!

Better or worse?:biggrin1:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For sure when I say kids its kids not babies who needs some one to take care clean them up, much depends the care givers higyene habits...

Kids have caracteristic smell to me because they do not have swet glands as teens, adult that may have an odor and has to apply deodorant and etc...

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Generalizing doesn't make it right, it is not our problem you hate people. My grandmother smelt like baby powder, my grandfather like whiskey. Meph, stop being such an asshole, and maybe your posts would get respect.

ArtfulDominant

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, is there a consensus to nominate mephistopheles for an LPSG Annual Award in the Misanthropist category then? Naaa ... why give him the spotlight?

But something good often comes from the most off the wall posts .. Found an interesting page in Wikipedia on Misanthropy .. with representative examples of misanthropists in literature and popular culture.
Misanthropy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The point is: All old people small like mothballs, all white guys smell like mayonaisse, all black guys smell like fried chicken, all indian guys smell like rotten indian food, and all babies smell like a mixture of vomit and piss...

WRONG...I smell like fried chicken and collards and a side of fatback and a glass of sweet tea, not mayonnaise.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You have the odor of older people confused with the odor of the basement that your profile says that you live in. You deserve to be banned for starting such a hurtful thread.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You have the odor of older people confused with the odor of the basement that your profile says that you live in. You deserve to be banned for starting such a hurtful thread.

I repeat ..... let us all help him find his way!:smile:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Trying to help him would be pointless if he doesn't want help. I don't think he does.

My sarcasm has always been too subtle! Show him the way as in the way first suggested by a poster prior to me. Review the last several posts and you will get the full meaning of my seemingly charitable suggestion. :smile: :rolleyes: :wink:

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
WRONG...I smell like fried chicken and collards and a side of fatback and a glass of sweet tea, not mayonnaise.

Right... I guess its hard to observe sarcasm over the internet... If only you could have heard the tone I used when I wrote such a post.... O well.

I don't think he does.

what he said...

Meph, stop being such an asshole, and maybe your posts would get respect.

Well I'm sure Id take your advice if I were looking for respect... However, i am not... So I'll dust you off like so much dirt on the shoulder of my jacket.

Oh Well.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They smell positively good when comparing them to the smell that comes from some of those who live in basements.

Before anyone flames me I did say some unlike the OP.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alright boys,

Play nice! Oh prince of darkness perhaps I may enlighten you a bit. Depending upon where you met said "old people" their state of independence, their state of health .etc may affect to what you are refering.

As you can see there is no standard when it comes to aging but often medication, illness, hormonal changes, hygiene issues may affect ones personal aroma. For those that are being cared for some is the fault of the caregiver and others can not be helped. As for the perfume. Just as we have come to call the oxfords of the 20's -40's "old lady shoes" many people get into grooves and very well may continue to wear the cologne soap or lotion of their youth. My aunt smelled like Chanel 5. She had worn it for 60+ years. Some fine it comforting as you have seen here others disturbing. I hope that helps to answer your question....