Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I recently met this guy who is 27 - I am 55. He is really nice and so far we get along really well. We have a good deal in common and some things not in common. He keeps telling me how cute I am and damn that feels nice. He also has this smile that melts my heart. So what do you think, age difference too great? My thought is to just let it go where it wants and to stop worrying about our age difference. Thanks !

winesthel945

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know a couple that were 2 weeks apart in age and their relationship was a shit show. I know a couple that's 30 years apart and they couldn't be more in love and by all measures have a beautiful partnership. Age, by itself, doesn't mean a thing to a relationship. You can have generational and cultural differences that make a relationship difficult regardless of the particular age gap.

Certainly there are lifestyle differences that may be impacted by age. I know in my early 50s, I can't really join my boyfriend -- who is 20 years younger than me -- when he goes to the rock climbing gym. And when I want to go with friends to see the Flock of Seagulls in concert, he's more than happy to sit at home and listen to Lizzo. Those differences for us are not problems -- for some folks, they might be problems. But that's not a lot different from one person being a carnivore and the other being a vegan. Or one being religious and one being an atheist. It's as much, or as little, of a problem as you want to make it... just like anything in a relationship. If your relationship is not meant to be, it will fall apart for any reason, or no reason. If it's working, then it will work despite all the differences.

Bottom line: if you are getting along, don't obsess about age differences, focus on things that really matter, like how he squeezes the toothpaste tube. You might find some other folks have issues, but if you don't have an issue, then as the great philosopher RuPaul says: "'less they payin' yo bills, pay them bitches no mind!"

draco88

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I recently met this guy who is 27 - I am 55. He is really nice and so far we get along really well. We have a good deal in common and some things not in common. He keeps telling me how cute I am and damn that feels nice. He also has this smile that melts my heart. So what do you think, age difference too great? My thought is to just let it go where it wants and to stop worrying about our age difference. Thanks !

If it feels good for you both then enjoy it. People will always have an opinion. Ignore them. If this makes you happy then go for it.
My guy and i have a age difference of 21 years. We have fun, we love each other. The sex is great and that is all that matters. Trust your feelings.

D

deleted1074483

as others have said age in itself is not a good indicator of how two people will get on with each other. If there's a mutual, and the word is mutual, attraction then good for the two of you, go into it with open eyes and hearts and as to where it may lead you, and the best of luck to you both.

Taken901_1988

Superior Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Me and my guy are 10 years apart. Never an issue until someone brings it up... We never notice it to be honest. Our friends are for sure different but that is typical of any relationship. I also had never dated younger until this - I had always dated much older of around my age. It really is just as you said "let it go where it wants and to stop worrying about our age difference." But be advise you will be the one that needs to guide him in a lot of aspect and if he isn't as mature enough as he thinks be aware. Take it easy on him when that happens. As long as it's a healthy relationship I see nothing wrong with it. Both consensual adults. Oh another note, sex: he's more than likely going to be more game for it all the time. My guy wears me out sometimes

Reactions: RobertHunter30

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

It’s been my personal experience that the bigger the age difference the less likely something long term will last. It can be rewarding in its own way but it can also be cruel.

Reactions: RobertHunter30

con54

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 19 and my boyfriend is 50. We have a great relationship in every aspect. Friendship, caring, sexual, respect.
Hope it works out for you

U

Uctopper

I had a lover for three years. He was about 15 years younger. We’re no longer together, but not because of our age difference. I have never had anyone love me as much as he did and the feeling was mutual. Age is just a number. I miss him very much.