Older men remain sexually active longer than women.

B_quietguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
According to several news articles, men are much more likely to remain sexually active than women as they age.

Some interesting notes:

A healthy sex life has direct connection with the longevity of life.

39% of men over 75 have active sex lives compared to only 17% of women.

Men who are physically healthy at age 55 are more likely to continue sex for several more years than women at age 55 - or unhealthy men at age 55.

An average man at age 55 can look forward to at least 15 more years of sex compared to just 11 more years for a woman.

Media
Interesting, and I agree from the point of view of the over-50 man that regular sex is good for health. Certainly I feel good from having a very good varied sex life and I am hoping to continue for many years yet. A 50+ woman doctor I fuck regularly tells me it has to do with release of certain chemicals, but it applies to her as well as to me.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
I would just point out that in the UK there are 1.3M men, & 2.3M women over 75.

That makes 500,000 men, & 400,000 women active.

If you allow for men marrying younger women, the figures are actually pretty similar.

There's just more widows, & not enough cock to go around!

AlphaSpartan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen many conflicting reports about this.

I think the only real factors are health and social ability.

B_Hornaplenty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Many women choose to give up sexual activity after menopause. They lack interest and don't want to do anything to "get in the game" anymore. It has happened in my married life, and I hear the same story from many male friends or acquaintances who have aged and now have to get sexual relief whatever way is available. Personally I still have a great sex drive at 74 and I expect to continue enjoying it. My urologist says "use it or lose it" so I use it. My father maintained his capability until 81 and I'm hoping to outlast him. When you've got a nice cock why would you want to retire it?