older men

mikebh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Like most aspects of people (age, hair color, height, weight, etc). it's of great importance to some, and of little importance to others. I would only offer a word of caution with this *particular* issue though. Some men, as they wander into the "Mid-Life Crisis Zone" go through phases of needing to reassure themselves of their manliness, studliness, and sense of adventure. This can be in the form of buying a sports car, taking up extreme sports (that aren't safe for guys half their age), or dumping their wife of 20 years for a 20-something trophy wife (who dumps them in a year). So be sure that the guy you may be thinking about is actually attracted to women much younger than himself (more importantly, attracted to YOU, versus your age). Otherwise you could be setting yourself up to be set aside when he decides a Lamborghini, or taking up base jumping, would express his youthful studliness more brazenly... not uplifting, but hopefully helpful. :-/

M

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm 56 now and consider myself to be young at heart. I have some great friends and life is good just as it is. If romance happens for me again, I wouldn't complain. I'd like to find a cool guy to hang out with although I don't put much effort into it. Age wouldn't matter too much; it would be a matter of how well we get along and how much fun we have being together. Oddly enough, my cycling friends are a good bit younger than I am. They work me going up the hills!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do older men want a LTR with a younger woman?
I guess some do, and some don't. I would be leery of the older ones who are merely having a mislife crisis though. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I would be able to point those men out in a crowd. :redface: I'm asking because I have a thing for someone that is old enough to be my father.
Is he single/available?

[quote=mikebh;1117230]Like most aspects of people (age, hair color, height, weight, etc). it's of great importance to some, and of little importance to others. I would only offer a word of caution with this *particular* issue though. Some men, as they wander into the "Mid-Life Crisis Zone" go through phases of needing to reassure themselves of their manliness, studliness, and sense of adventure. This can be in the form of buying a sports car, taking up extreme sports (that aren't safe for guys half their age), or dumping their wife of 20 years for a 20-something trophy wife (who dumps them in a year). So be sure that the guy you may be thinking about is actually attracted to women much younger than himself (more importantly, attracted to YOU, versus your age). Otherwise you could be setting yourself up to be set aside when he decides a Lamborghini, or taking up base jumping, would express his youthful studliness more brazenly... not uplifting, but hopefully helpful. :-/ M [/quote]

Excellent post and very well stated!

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hi there! I can't speak for older men in general, but am in a relationship with a man older than me, and we are blissfully happy together.

We don't regret taking the chance and getting together. We plan to have many more happy years, but even what we've had so far would make it all worthwhile.

Our situation is helped, though, by the fact that my Master is very young at heart and in excellent physical health. He's not overweight, and has taken good care of his body for years. So, in terms of "real age," I think he may actually be much younger than his chronological age.

Anyway, I wish you the best outcome for you and this particular person. If you don't belong together (for the reasons earlier posters have mentioned), then that's okay. But if you do, don't let the age difference get in your way. Just my opinion.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am currently seeing a man 22 years younger than me, which definitely makes him young enough to be my son.

Oddly, age is a much bigger issue for me than him.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I'm asking because I have a thing for someone that is old enough to be my father.

As long as you have a thing for him because of who he is and not because he's old enough to be your father, and if those feelings are reciprocated in the same way then there is no problem. I think it is a bit general to ask if older men want LTRs with younger women because some do and some don't - and of those that do, some do for good reason and some for not such good reasons (see previous replies). I think the better question would be does the man you are interested in want an LTR with you - and only he can answer that question. Go ask it. Good luck.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
As long as you have a thing for him because of who he is and not because he's old enough to be your father, and if those feelings are reciprocated in the same way then there is no problem. I think it is a bit general to ask if older men want LTRs with younger women because some do and some don't - and of those that do, some do for good reason and some for not such good reasons (see previous replies). I think the better question would be does the man you are interested in want an LTR with you - and only he can answer that question. Go ask it. Good luck.
You're HAWT.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am currently seeing a man 22 years younger than me, which definitely makes him young enough to be my son.

Oddly, age is a much bigger issue for me than him.

My situation is the reverse of the OP's topic but the age difference was also bigger issue for me than him.

tinkius

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For most girls their first crush is "Dad". It's not strange or unusual. As men age they get more refined and distinguished which is appealing to most women. In short, most women tend to marry/ go out with guys that resemble their fathers. Older men find younger women attractive, because not only are most men fertile until their 80/90's men never loose the spark to reproduce. It's what men do "make societies". If a man wants to have more children later in life, his chances with a 50 year old women are not good. But ,30 is ideal. and I'm sure some just like the feeling of being young again. Which is also normal. Date the guy and have fun.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Young women/girls tend to be attracted to me. I guess I would rather it not be that way, I have never had a LTR with anyone within 5 years of my age, except one, and she had way too much baggage.. maybe because she wasn't even offficially divorced yet.

Sometimes I think young women are a mistake I am bound ot make the rest of my life.... but right now, I am really hooked on a 19 year old, and I am pretty damn sure she feels the same way... but she just got a surprise shipping to Colorado by her mom.... I made a very dramatic plea with her, on her cell phone, to walk away from the airport, and she wanted to, but didin't have the strength.

...its a very long story.

*sigh*

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm asking because I have a thing for someone that is old enough to be my father.

Dear SensualGoth
I'm 60 and my gf (of three years) is 23. :biggrin1: It's been the best relationship of my life. If my experience is anything to go by I would say you can go ahead with confidence, if that's how you feel.
Good luck to you.

honeydew

Experimental Member
Media
First let me say, Hollyblue, it is so good to see your post.
I am married to a man 17 yrs my senior. It was a bigger issue with him at first, but we are so compatable and get along , for the most part, wonderfully. I have always heard of a soulmate, but feel as if I actually have one now. We are newly married and there are age related differences that come up( music, discipline of my child, responsabilities etc.) but we work through them and seem closer because of it.
Let things work out on there own and if it is meant to be it will happen.

Honeydew