older with younger and visa versa

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_thickjohnny, Aug 28, 2009.

1. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I'm curious about this. I am attracted to younger guys. My current bf of 2.5 years is 30 years younger than me which is weird because I wasn't looking for someone THAT young. He chased me for almost 6 months. He's very much into older men, has no attraction whatsoever to guys his own age.

I was always into guys around my own age until I hit my late 30s then the scale slid backwards. I was still looking at guys in their late 20s, early 30s even as I got older.

I'm curious to hear your stories on this. What is your take on older younger relationships (gay or straight)? Why are we attracted to whomever we are attracted? I mean, some guys are attracted ONLY to their own age group while others go younger or older.

Thanks for your comments and insights.

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Attraction is for every person different. If "young" and "old" are together and happy together, why not. I notice that I like the people more who are around my age, younger or older.

3. D_Diesel Oyl

D_Diesel Oyl New Member

33yo here, attracted to younger, much younger. I'm drawn to 20-22yo, very muscled, cut, vascular. Have known quite a few pups in this category.

4. hairybase

hairybase Member

My first boyfriend was 32 and I was 16. My second was 34 and I was 17. As a teenager I was always into older guys because for me they provided more interesting conversation and were more masculine.
    Now tha I'm 30 I still find myself attracted to older guys (though I don't think I'd go over 45). I find them more experienced and sexy, and I find they can talk about more than celebrity culture.
    Younger guys are, of course, still hot so I'll have a kiss and a shag if I'm out clubbing but for a relationship it's definately the older ones that do me.

5. Explorer

Explorer New Member

There is a 18 year gap between my partner and I. In the beginning I didn't think it would work out but we've been together for a year and a half now.

Like hairybase said there is a maturity/experience that comes with age. Since my bf had just turned 18 when we met he never had experienced, other then sex, what a true relationship was like. In the early stage of our relationship he couldn't understand how alot of the guys I hooked up with were young sexy guys. Now when we're out and I'm being friendly and talking to someone he automatically thinks I'm flirting and is quick to say something to me.

6. chuck216

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm 44 and my bf is 27 so a 17 year difference. We've been together for over 5 years.

7. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Why is it seemingly frowned upon?

8. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

This happens with me too. I've had more life experiences and he's in his first relationship (me). When someone younger approaches me he gets a bit jealous thinking they might be trying to meet me, etc. A lot of the guys are straight and older than him. It's been 2,5 years and it's getting better on this issue.

9. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have always liked and loved guys in their early to late 20's. my current muse is 22, 30 years my junior. I cannot help it, nor do I wish to - it's part of who I am.

10. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

There is an age difference of over 20 years between me and ArtfulDominant.

When we first met and started corresponding (on LPSG), I didn't know his age. All I knew was the wonderful personality I was getting to know (and the hot pics of his cock). By the time I found out his age, I was already hooked, and no way was I going to let the age difference come between us, so to speak.

He expressed concern that he wasn't being fair to me, but I vehemently opposed this, saying I could make my own choices and I chose him.

I won't say, however, that I chose him because of his age. I'm attracted to many types of men -- it is much more about the individual man than about factors such as age.

So no, I'm not specifically attracted to older men, but I ended up with one, and I find him extremely attractive.

11. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm 37 and my bf is 53. And it's not been working at all.

I generally go for guys younger or around my age.

12. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What do you believe are the reasons that it's not working? Do you think it is age related, or just a relationship not meant to be?

13. D_Penruddick Middlefinger

D_Penruddick Middlefinger Account Disabled

I'm 32 and will scarcely give the time of day to anyone under 39. Always liked people who are older than me and I suspect I always will. I have only made 1 exception to this rule in over 16 years of dating. It's just hardwired into me I suppose.

14. Alem0909

Alem0909 Member

Albums:
    I have a thing for older women. Dunno if it's 'cause of the experience or just the fact that it's not normal, who knows!

15. v32bone

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Im 52 and poly and my significant others are 52, 50, 40 and 32. Age is relative but I've found much younger than 28 or so and there is a) less to talk about and b) younger people think they know what they want from a partner and in bed but generally have no clue. Once again this is a generalization based on MY experience.

16. kiahman

kiahman Member

I am 36 and my partner of 5 years will soon be 56. Asside from the random "hook-ups", he is my first boyfriend. I often get too wrapped up in his past, but I think that it is mostly because he is not used to having open discussions about such topics. Also, I am now discovering that I can be a bit jealous at times. All in all, things are well between us. When problems do come up, I am not if its all age related, some inherent personality differences or a combination of both. In general, we get past the issues and focus primarily on the great things about our relationship and all of the small stuff drifts away.

17. Jay1074

Jay1074 Active Member

Albums:
    I was in a relationship that ended a few months ago with a man that is 75, I'll be 35 in a couple of weeks so that puts the age difference between us at just a little over 40 years. This guy does not look his age at all... as a matter of fact I thought he was in his 50's when we first me, then he showed me his ID and birthdate. Anyway, this guy is HOT, very athletic and still works out and keeps active, eats right and all that. He's also hung better than most guys I've known and has a nearly insatiable sexual appetite.

I've always been attracted to older men because there's just something about them, Gay or Straight, that just lets you know that they are wise because of what they've gone through and what they've experienced. It's a maturity thing. Younger guys DO NOT have this. PLUS, older men just know how to have better sex. I've been with younger guys and guys my own age and though I can say I've enjoyed being with them, I don't get the intense feelings I get when I'm with an older guy. The older sex partners I've ever had were all infinitely better at sex than the younger ones. Usually, I go for guys within 7 - 10 years older than me, but always make exceptions for the hot older man, hung or not, though that certainly helps.

18. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

No one has pointed out that guys in their 20s going for guys in their 40s, 50s, and 60s seems to be getting more common in the U.S., and more accepted in the gay community in the U.S., even if it still makes most straights go "huh?" (Straight people usually assume that a gay relationship between partners 15+ years apart in age in some kind of financial arrangement, which these things usually used to be, and are often shocked when they find out that the younger guy is NOT in it for cash.) When I was in my 20s, I rarely took a second glance at anyone over 35 (shallow, I know), and even worse, I still don't very often. My last partner was 18 years younger and the one before that was 10 years younger.

19. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    i've rarely been the kind of guy that sets arbitrary limits on anything, and that applies to relationships too, romantic and platonic. connections happen where you least expect themsomtimes.have to agree with swede too about younger/older gay relationships, i used to think it was probably financially motivated but those that are, don't last. if you see a younger dude with an older dude in a LTR, even if the older one earns more money, to make it last it's about love.

20. tommiet

tommiet Member

It is so true that there are a lot of younger guys seeking older companionship. I an a member of SilverDaddies and I'm having a wonderful time with guys as young as 19.

Draft saved Draft deleted