OMG another "women only need respond" thread will make me scream till my eyes bleed!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Tim McGnaw, Nov 24, 2009.

1. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

Honestly!!! What is with some straight guys ? Are they so insecure that even the idea of a man responding to whatever they post around here gives them the heeby jeebies ?

Do they not understand the way sites like this work ? Or that they are on the internet ? Or that you can't catch gay just by reading a gay guy's posts ? Or that just because you say "Girls only" doesn't mean you can actually enforce a rule that only girls wil respond to whatever freaky crap it is you've posted ?

Invariably the stuff these guys post is vaguely offensive or a thinly veiled attempt to ilicit wank fodder, or an attempt to comfirm their crass presumptions about women/gays/the universe.

FUCK OFF YOU MISERABLE LITTLE STRAIGHT BOY TWAT, if I want to respond to your bullshit, the fact that I have a cock and balls is not going to disbar me from doing so, get over yourself you cockwit.

So what do you think ladies (only) ? :mad::biggrin1::tongue::eek:

2. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    While often times it involves trying to get wank fodder and the like, I can understand why one might do it. I know why I would if I felt the need to. If it was a genuine sex question that I wanted to ask women, I would hate for my thread to devolve into a bunch of guys going "this is my experience, look how awesome I am! Fawn over me! I'm such a sexy man beast." When what I am looking for is a god damn answer not a popularity contest. It's like those stupid correlation threads or most handsome/etc threads where guys post in them just to get someone to notice them.

That being said gay guys aren't usually the culprit, since they generally don't do that since they think vagina is icky. :tongue:

(I am a woman for this thread! :wink:)

3. D_Tim McGnaw

OK but surely there are better places to obtain female specific information than a site devoted to large male sexual organs no ? I mean the membership is overwhelmingly male, if I post here ( on a discussion board open to the general public ) I should expect the general public to respond to my post.

I wouldn't dream of posting something and then adding at the end "men only please" , why would I bother ?

4. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I would say you are smarter than your average bear. It may be about the male sexual organ, but they have one, and it is presumably larger than average. So this site is about them! Just by the sheer amount of users who's name reference their dick (I wish mine couldn't be taken as reference! It was never intended to be, I swear!), it's obvious that a lot of people identify themselves through their dick, if even by the slightest amount. Which is probably another reason they don't want men replying. They don't want to be out cocked.

So to be sure there are better places to ask questions, but here there is always the subliminal message of "Hey look at my big cock" which is very appealing. They may want a legit answer, but they often want to be validated too, especially by the women here.

5. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't really agree.

People are free to post whatever they want. If they want to post and ask for women only to respond, they can. Same goes for str8 guys or gay guys or lesbians or under twenty or over 50 guys. And you are free to respect the request or not.

What I don't like is people telling other people how and what they should post. I know there is a contradiction in that, but so be it. As long as it's not against the ToS, post away. If you make an ass out of yourself, you'll hear about it. And if you don't like a thread, don't take part in it.

Whether it's Prince Harry's bulge or my kid's racist homework or whatever, who am I to tell someone what to post or not?

6. D_Tim McGnaw

I'm not telling anyone what to post I'm annoyed but what people do post, the difference is huge.

And crucially its the reasoning behind what people post that really pisses me off.

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I see what you are saying, but frankly I agree with vince on this. If someone is asking a gender specific question then it can and should be directed to the specific question. However if it's a general question that could be answered by either gender then they are foolish in qualifying it to females only.
    You learn pretty quickly who the foolish people are here and I tend to avoid their threads. As a rule I don't tend to pay any attention to those threads so they don't have any effect on me.
    I've opened questions in the many of the forums here and said to myself. I'm really not the person to respond to this; sometimes for a variety of reasons.

8. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    You'll be going alone down a long and dark hallway when you attempt to figure motive in most of the OPs and threads around here, Hilly.

Unless the topic is too inane to bother with (which does happen, believe it or not), I completely disregard any prohibitions as regards which age, gender or sexual orientation any given thread is directed toward and insert my opinion anyway, which is my right as an Anarchist.

9. luka82

Gold Member

I really don`t care about str8 guys, they only wonna fuck me!:wink:

10. D_Tim McGnaw

But what is a gender specific question ? :confused: I know my tone here seems a bit extreme, but what bugs me is the latent homophobia associated with all this "ladies only" BS.

It really is as though some guys think they can catch gay just by reading the posts of others.

I mean if you don't want to read what guys post, then don't, you don't have to, just as much as guys to have to respond to an OP, that's a two way street.

11. B_theOtherJJ

B_theOtherJJ New Member

Well Hill, I was never one to shove myself down someones throat (i prefer they shove themselves down MY throat), but seriously feel that if the OP is targeting a certain audience, and/or feels intimidated by the gay populace, then its his right to say so. Saves him the problem of having to negatively reply to unwanted emails and messages, and avoids him having to put people on ignore.
    You must admit, there are many people on these websites that get carried away and become obssesive. And if it is his agenda to find female hookups here, so be it for him. There is plenty of gay cock for you to focus on. Why waste your energy on an unwilling participant ?

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

It's a two way street all around town, When people say they want the viewpoint of guys 18-25 I don't fit the range so I move on to something else that interests me.

13. D_Tim McGnaw

Thanks Big B. I'll follow your example. I guess I just find it slightly irksome is all. :tongue: By which I mean eye bleedingly irksome :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

14. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

There are some women who post threads that also specifically ask for a "woman-only response" which, I think, is totally understandable. Our bodies function differently and there's no way a man can give as proper or accurate a description/definition/explanation as a woman can (unless he's a gynecologist or something, but even then, he's simply speaking from second-hand experience, not first-hand).

Likewise, the same goes with some of the questions men pose to women, albeit a very small percentage of them. If a man asks a question about pregnancy because he wants to better understand what his wife is going through and how he can better assist her, then I think, that too, is perfectly acceptable. Men don't know pregnancy like women do. He can pretend all he wants that he knows what the cravings are like and all that jazz, but his opinion will never be quite as useful or correct as a woman's (well, most cases anyway).

Perhaps simply stating a preferred response from a desired gender would be the best solution. That shouldn't really bother anyone.

15. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, I can sympathize. A lot of the reasoning and motivations here piss me off too. But if it's basically harmless, then I just leave it alone. (or make a lame joke)

I don't think that it's necessarily homophobia that would make a guy ask for only women to answer. Not to exclude that from happening, mind you. But I think you are reading a bit more into it than is always there.

I agree with Nudeyorker when he says this is a site that is pretty much free from homophobia and members of different backgrounds, sexs, orientations, ages, what have you, get along really well. If anything there is more blatant heterophobia than anything else.

hmmm.. interesting. My spell checker doesn't recognize "heterophobia", but "homophobia", no problem. What's that mean?

#15 vince, Nov 24, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  16. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Isn't that what everybody wants?? :biggrin1:

17. D_Tim McGnaw

OK but lets be honest this is the internet, you couldn't even be sure a woman was responding to your post in any case, it's so futile when the apparently pretty girl who's posts you've solicited could just as easily be a big fat old guy. :biggrin1:

18. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There is an easy way to bypass the gender requirement of a question. Just say "my woman says when I do this it is great/feels like this/etc."

This don't bother me as much as the OP, but I think I can understand and relate to where he is from coming from. I often find my brain giving a double take and thinking "What the fuck is that about?" and often times can get frustrated by it, in a passionate kind of way. While the "who cares" route is a great one, I actually enjoy getting a little worked up over somethings and gnawing at them with my brain. It's never enough to give me an ulcer or anything, and when you cool off (which doesn't take long), it's fun to muse about it. Why did I feel that way? etc. I don't know if that is how the OP feels, but that is how I feel.

Also, do these boxers make my cock look fat? (women only plz!) :tongue:

19. luka82

Gold Member

U are right!
    What else can I say, smart and hot, we should marry!!!:biggrin1:
    (Btw, these people get too serious things they write)

20. D_Tim McGnaw

I've read about three or four threads recently, like in the last two or three days which I think had an unacceptably homophobic character to them. I'm not an admin or a mod so what I think is acceptable isn't really important in the grand scheme of things and nor do I expect it to be, but I'm not sure I agree this forum is homophobia free.

Draft saved Draft deleted