OMG Britney Spears is NOT a virgin!

H8Monga: I think the world is ending. A truce while Israel and Palestine talk peace... My aunts actually talked/joked with each other, hugged, and the elder one actually visited the other... now this.... I'm picking up my Bible now. I think this is one of the signs!

7x6andchg: Only if she's not marked with the number of the beast...and is one of 144,000 that get to go to heaven at the time of the 2nd coming - THEN I'll believe the world is ending .... because there are some of her songs where I believe she sold her soul to someone to become famous. :D

(but this, actually, belongs in the religious thread - we now return you to your regularly scheduled pop culture discussion)

7x6&C

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, only men are in that 144,000. God didn't think far enough ahead that he might need women to repopulate.

H8Monga: *Steals and changes into Topic Police uniform and whistles* OFF TOPIC!

Ok I really don't care, I just wanted to do that...

SchroederJr: 'Nother discrepancy. It's usually thought to mean Jews, too. So 144,000 jewish men...

TragicWhiteKnight: The whole 'elect' business of 144,000 saved individuals is most common in Calvinist thought, spreading to other millenarian faiths all clued up on predestination; despite admitting women among them, I doubt they'd allow Britney into Heaven. Not after her cover of 'I Love Rock 'N' Roll'. Although she can't be with Satan, either, 'cause the Devil has all the best tunes.

[NB: I started singing along to 'Oops...I Did It Again' whilst reading this read, changing the last line to "I'm not Arminian". Does this make me a bad person?]

7x6andchg: throb919-

Nice topic save!

So Britney will be in limbo or purgatory? Well, I could see that...somehow I can imagine that if there is a purgatory and if there is Muzak in purgatory (with which one while away the millenia waiting for heaven), that the instrumental version of her greatest hits will be the album that plays over and over and over and over....

7x6&C