OMG - celebs fake it.

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by Lordpendragon, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum here - I am not a regular in this section.

I was reading about the friend of a friend and came across this. Seems things aren't always what they appear to be.

He plays Mark Antony in the HBO/BBC original television series, Rome. His full frontal nudity in episode four of the series caused a sensation among the show's viewers. However, an interview[citation needed] from a special effects technician who mentioned "digitally altering" the appearance of penises for actors who "didn't want to remove their G-strings" casts doubt on the veracity of Purefoy's nude scene. When this Wikipedia entry was brought up in an interview with Alastair McKay, published in the January 2007 issue of Out magazine, Purefoy said, "I won't say whose it was, but there was a penis in the series that may have been slightly enhanced. But it wasn't mine. Mine's all mine, I'm afraid."[

2. agnslz

Gold Member

Jeez. No kidding. I don't think I've ever seen a post from you in this forum before. It's too bad, you make such great posts, with lots of informative links! Unlike the vast majority of us in this forum!:biggrin: I seem to remember a thread about one scene in Rome with a huge dick, but I don't know if it's what you refer to in your post. I do remember others bringing up the possibility of it being fake though. Anyway, good to see you in this kneck of the woods, Lordpendragon!:biggrin::smile:

3. giantsfrey

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i've heard its standard procedure to stuff underwear for some shows too. i think i read somebody saying he was "required to" do it in a magazine interview, even though he wasn't small or anything. must be a hollywood thing...

4. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:

geez! it was the man with the horse penis on Rome who had it digitally enhanced. ugh. they did that to make it look bigger for more shock value.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

...or smaller so it would fit in the scene.

6. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:

lol....That's so Pecker.

7. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    It was the guy who played Marc Antony on the show. That slave with the huge wang was definitely all man...search the posts for that screencap.

8. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    gah! Purefoy said distinctly in the article that it was not him!

9. lordduzi

lordduzi Member

I am pretty sure it was the slave sent as gift to Sevilla by Atia, because after all everyone likes a large penis.

10. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:

haha...LOVE that quote.

Draft saved Draft deleted