OMG! John McCain wins election! What Happened?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stratedude, Nov 3, 2008.

1. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Somebody had to start this thread - might as well get it going now.

Any thoughts on what happened and why so many were wrong?

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I'd imagine the reports that you exist in a parallel universe were proved correct.

Two words: Dewey Wins.

#2 B_Nick8, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  3. SteveHd

Gold Member

Diebold et al conspiracy.

4. lucky8

Gold Member

Voter fraud.

5. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

The liberals got a last minute clue … as hard as that is to believe lol! :biggrin1:

6. mindseye

Gold Member

The gauntlet has been thrown. Tomorrow night, I'll be posting smileys allllll over this thread!

7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a LIBERAL and I have many clues...

8. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

The Senate investigation reveals widespread voter fraud conducted by Voter machine manufacturers who have no bid contracts awarded by Bush appointees.

Large scale dis-enfranchisement results in riots in every major city and massive marches on Washington demanding stiff penalties... supreme court throws out elections results in fear of their safety from angry mobs and rules that only those votes cast in districts using audit-able ballots and voting machines that can be proven unbiased will be counted...

Recount shows Obama won and Obama is sworn into office. Massive protests follow, demanding a new election...but, as announcement of Obama win simmers down civil unrest, Supreme Court stands by its decision.

Senate and House empanel special prosecutors to aggressively prosecute the republican appointees responsible. Numerous bagmen take immunity and finger Cheny, Rove, and others in the Bush administration and McCain campaign staff.

Republicans begin declaring themselves Libertarians at a breakneck pace- not wanting to be tarred with the voter fraud debacle.

RNC is defanged by having their assets seized as part of investigation...
    Media manipulation becomes spotlight focus of political excesses and Media ownership is, once again, regulated and limited; Rupert Murdock is forced to give up ownership of FOX.

Bill Oreilly and Sean Hannity are fired after their total viewership falls to 351, and 128

By early 2010, the Republican party ceases to exist.
    Conservatives are driven to the Libertarian party- which becomes more moderate to seem less lunatic fringe.

The American electorate, sobered by this flirtation with fascism, turn away from evangelical churchs in droves. Laws are passed concerning church politicking and numerous mega-churches lose their tax exempt status.

Seems, all in all, like a good outcome to me... let's just pray the republicans are STUPID enough to steal an election that is so clearly lopsided.

That right there would end republican politics forever.

9. islewitch

islewitch Member

Albums:
    Only way I think McCain could win at all would be through what political scientists call the Bradly Effect. But other than the the only other way would be through fraud or having a large majority of the votes not counted because of some law; for example Florida's No Match, No Vote law. Any questions?

10. lucky8

Gold Member

What is the square root of 906,785?

11. islewitch

islewitch Member

Albums:

I don't know. Not a mathematician.

12. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Is there anyway that the liberal/democrats would accept any kind of victory from McCain/Palin? :feedback:

13. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

14. lucky8

Gold Member

Thank god for calculators right?

15. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

:yup:

#15 B_Nick4444, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  16. Lorraine

Lorraine New Member

Albums:
    Tomorrow is out Judgment Day? lol

17. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think response bias in the polls explains this unexpected outcome. People weren't willing to admit that they liked McCain over Obama in the polls. People saying they were for McCain or for the war were subjected to all sorts of insults, but people admitting to liking Obama were more often treated with respect. In the election booth people knew they could cast their votes in private and choose McCain.

I think it's now time that we all come together and support President McCain.

18. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

so am i a liberal and i have a clue as well. and one is that 1bigg1 hasn't got a clue .

19. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Nostradamus Writings Predict McCain Victory DAYTON, Ohio (CAP) - While most pundits and polling outfits are leaning towards a Barack Obama win on Nov. 4, one source noted for his prognostication skills is backing the race's maverick as the favorite to eek out a victory.
    "Conventional wisdom picks Obama. Nostradamus, four and a half centuries ago, picked John McCain," said Dr. Hubert Evans, professor of Renaissance Studies at Yale University and author of the best-selling Nostradamus: Prophesize This!
    "Quatrain 78, Century X in particular seems to indicate that Obama had better not be measuring the White House windows for curtains quite yet, at least by my interpretation," said Dr. Evans.
    The quatrain to which Dr. Evans refers - Quatrain 78 - is located in the grouping of stanzas known as Century X. Originally published in 1555 in Nostradamus' still-popular Les Prophecies, Quatrain 78 reads in full:
    At the war's end
    The Feeble Kept-One will strike down the Night
    And his Imbecile Queen will rise from the snow
    Bedecked in finery and the pelt of a wolf.
    While a liberal reading of the quatrain may seem to some to contain hidden, relevant meaning, many scholars label as hogwash the idea that Nostradamus was able to see and predict events that would happen so distantly in the future.
    "Whenever current events cough up a notable historic chapter, like on 9-11, the Nostradamus nuts are right there, twisting text to make the prediction meet the event," said renowned skeptic and paranormal debunker Chip Manheim. "Just in terms of comparison, take a look at the next quatrain from Century X, Quatrain 79. This, incidentally, was the last quatrain that Nostradamus ever wrote:
    "In five moons, the Feeble Kept-One is no more
    And his Imbecile Queen sees the Great Bear
    From her backyard, alrighty, and flings giant poison arrows
    And the Great Bear responds in kind, and, well, The End.
    "What the fuck does that even mean?" an exasperated Manheim asked. "See, you can pull whatever interpretation you want out of your ass and you're good to go. I guarantee there will be a whole new spin on Tuesday if Obama wins, and Nostradamus will look like a genius. Mark my words."
    The McCain campaign meanwhile has seized on the endorsement and has been proudly trumpeting it at rallies.
    "My friends, Nostradamus believed in us because he knew, knew that Sen. Obama would raise his taxes!" McCain told a rabid Dayton crowd before leading them in a rousing chant of "Nostradamus don't like no Obamas!"

20. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

if it was an actual victory im sure we would but a victory is WON not GIVEN and seeing as most of the poles are showing the same thing and seeing how that the last two elections was a crook my opinon here. there should be no victory for them, but tomorrow will tell. so the same question in reverse for you can the republicans except a victory from OBAMA BIDEN?

Draft saved Draft deleted