On a lighter note..

D

deleted924715

Oh, you should have bought the palette, just to compare it to the Urban Decay one! I have been watching a few of the dupes / comparisons videos on youtube for various products. I'm kind of curious about the primark foundation that is supposed to be a dupe for estee lauder double wear, so I intend to do a bit of research tomorrow.

Post how you get on! I've just switched from double wear to perfectionist because the air con in the office is brutal and even though I don't have dry skin, combine it with double wear and it's too drying. The perfectionist is doing something nice to my skin, but it just doesn't stay on the same. And it's freaking expensive.

What was that? You *dare* me to get the W7 palette? You *double dare* me? Well in that case I guess I'd better :blush:

Reactions: 950483
Media
Post how you get on! I've just switched from double wear to perfectionist because the air con in the office is brutal and even though I don't have dry skin, combine it with double wear and it's too drying. The perfectionist is doing something nice to my skin, but it just doesn't stay on the same. And it's freaking expensive.

What was that? You *dare* me to get the W7 palette? You *double dare* me? Well in that case I guess I'd better :blush:
I triple dog dare you though I’m not quite sure what I am triple dog daring you to do, but it sounded like fun to do; and, having triple dog dared you, I’m leaving.:cool:

I have tried a couple of their nudes palettes in the past, and they irritated my eyes :sob:. The formulation or ingredients could well be different for this one so I'll keep an open mind. I hope it's not one of those things that only gets released in America, like the L'Oreal pro glow foundation. By the time I managed to acquire some I was a bit underwhelmed. At least I now know that there is an ebay seller who seems to specialize in selling American makeup, or just often the same makeup, with different names for the same shades we get here.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I have tried a couple of their nudes palettes in the past, and they irritated my eyes :sob:. The formulation or ingredients could well be different for this one so I'll keep an open mind. I hope it's not one of those things that only gets released in America, like the L'Oreal pro glow foundation. By the time I managed to acquire some I was a bit underwhelmed. At least I now know that there is an ebay seller who seems to specialize in selling American makeup, or just often the same makeup, with different names for the same shades we get here.

The Infallible Pro- glow and Pro-Matte combined is my favorite foundation of all time. I typically do two thirds matte, one third glow and mix before applying. Looks like my skin, only better. And it really does wear all day.

The entire Infallible line by Loreal is good in my book.. I didn't know it's not available in the UK though. Seems odd to me, wasn't Loreal originally a European company?

Maybe I'm wrong..

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting. I have kind of pit together my own with three shadows from Younique, a highlight from Becca or from Wet 'N' Wild (one is rosier than the other), a blush from either Younique or Fergie (one is much more golden than the other) a concealer from Anastasia, a lipstick from Estee Lauder (that is probably no longer for sale, sadly) and a lip gloss from some unknown brand at Rite Aid.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've just switched from double wear to perfectionist because the air con in the office is brutal and even though I don't have dry skin, combine it with double wear and it's too drying.
Have you tried misting with rosewater and aloe? I buy a premade mist, but my bestie is trying to convince me to make my own. Anyway, it's just herbal extracts in water. Spray it on and let it dry. It sets makeup, and keeps skin dewy. In the winter, I have to reapply mid-day to keep moist, but now it's spring and once a day will do. Might re-mist before going out for the evening if I don't wash and re-do my whole face.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy
D

deleted924715

Have you tried misting with rosewater and aloe? I buy a premade mist, but my bestie is trying to convince me to make my own. Anyway, it's just herbal extracts in water. Spray it on and let it dry. It sets makeup, and keeps skin dewy. In the winter, I have to reapply mid-day to keep moist, but now it's spring and once a day will do. Might re-mist before going out for the evening if I don't wash and re-do my whole face.

I read this the other day and then couldn't find it again to reply - sorry! Thanks for the tip, I'll try it :heart:

Reactions: AlteredEgo

I usually hate matte lipstick, but I've fallen in love with Younique powder-to-cream lip trio. It never feels dry. It looks velvety. If I accidentally lick my lips, it tastes good. It doesn't transfer much, and when it does, it leaves the stain behind and requires almost no touching up. It is pigmented enough to wear solo, even though my lips don't match naturally, and blend-able enough to ombre, which I prefer.
I bought the red one separately on ebay rather than the whole set because I thought the other colours looked too pink toned. Really impressed! Amazed even! Now I want to buy another in case I drop mine in the toilet, and I definitely want to at least try the other colours, even though the red is the one for me I think. It's just so red! :eek:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I bought the red one separately on ebay rather than the whole set because I thought the other colours looked too pink toned. Really impressed! Amazed even! Now I want to buy another in case I drop mine in the toilet, and I definitely want to at least try the other colours, even though the red is the one for me I think. It's just so red! :eek:
The one that actually is pink, is a very neutral color, at least on me. The other one can't be too pink, because I have worn it with the red, and it worked. In fact, I've worn all three at the same time for an ombre look and it was nice.

Lower left corner.

https://www.lpsg.com/gallery/photos/1330402/

The one that actually is pink, is a very neutral color, at least on me. The other one can't be too pink, because I have worn it with the red, and it worked. In fact, I've worn all three at the same time for an ombre look and it was nice.

Lower left corner.

https://www.lpsg.com/gallery/photos/1330402/
:) I've ordered them. I'll let you know how I get on. It is so difficult to gauge the exact colours and tones on a screen. They look gorgeous on you AE .

This is a little video I shot in the back yard a couple of months ago. It be of a Female and Male Queensland Orchard Butterflies frolicking.

The male...(the dark one) is saying to her look at me, look at me....:)...seems even female butterflies have to put up with it :) :)

Takes me back many years ago to when I once tagged Butties for the Australian Museum for migration purposes, yup greenie way back when.... Soooo long ago.

Yeah, that's my loves feet...and unraked lawn :) :)...Anyway...it's a lighter note.

Whish the video had captured my deep and sensuous masculine voice tho.....I sound a bit flutterish :) :)
View attachment 231.mp4

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LaFemme

A little Southern

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't wear much makeup, but if I have a big event coming up, I'll watch some for ideas. I don't spend a fortune in makeup and use my ipsy or friends recommendations to find products I love. I also love Jenna! She is awesome

Thank you! I LOVE them! I hope you will too.
The casual nude pink looks like a dark magenta on me, and it clashes with my very soul :(. The darkest shade is much less pinky purple than I expected :). It looks so vampire / BDSM (even though I'm wearing pyjamas and a big stripey cardigan), that it is sure to attract the kind of men who want me to tie them up, slap them about a bit, drink their blood and make them do the dishes. I will only wear it when I want them to be afraid ...very afraid. :D
I neeeeed more colours.