Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've been wanting to do some fall/winter looks with the burgundy lips and all the fun stuff... Sparkly eyes and whatnot.

But, my skin is not having it. Psoriasis is the worst it's every been, I even have patches on my face. My eyelids are so angry :mad:

If I was to put product in top of it, I'd just look like a dry riverbed, cracking and splitting.. not a good look.

First world problems, ya know?

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been wanting to do some fall/winter looks with the burgundy lips and all the fun stuff... Sparkly eyes and whatnot.

But, my skin is not having it. Psoriasis is the worst it's every been, I even have patches on my face. My eyelids are so angry :mad:

If I was to put product in top of it, I'd just look like a dry riverbed, cracking and splitting.. not a good look.

First world problems, ya know?

:(

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, this is my leg:
View attachment 8565901
My entire back and stomach along with most of my boobies is just one huge patch :sweat:

Damn, I'm so sorry. If it's any comfort, I have a sinus infection going on so I'll be a different kind of miserable right along side ya.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yikes!
What calms the spots down, eventually?

Sun exposure. I usually tan during the summer but this year I was too depressed. Being outside in the sunshine felt wrong for reasons.

I've tried a few different meds for it but they don't help much and the side effects aren't worth the tiny amount of relief they provided.

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sun exposure. I usually tan during the summer but this year I was too depressed. Being outside in the sunshine felt wrong for reasons.

I've tried a few different meds for it but they don't help much and the side effects aren't worth the tiny amount of relief they provided.
My wife has psoriasis and has been on every med you've ever seen on a tv commercial, and a few others. Cosentix works. Thankfully her insurance pays...$4,000/mo for two injections. The meds that didn't work? Holy hell.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
My wife has psoriasis and has been on every med you've ever seen on a tv commercial, and a few others. Cosentix works. Thankfully her insurance pays...$4,000/mo for two injections. The meds that didn't work? Holy hell.

I'm gonna have to ask about that, I think my insurance is pretty good about covering scripts, but I am on a new plan and haven't looked into it very thoroughly.

I did find out that the new (well, kinda new) Olay body wash and in shower lotion with Shea butter actually help to calm my skin down a lil better than Aveeno. It smells better too.

Reactions: 286798

ItsAll4Kim

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'm gonna have to ask about that, I think my insurance is pretty good about covering scripts, but I am on a new plan and haven't looked into it very thoroughly.

I did find out that the new (well, kinda new) Olay body wash and in shower lotion with Shea butter actually help to calm my skin down a lil better than Aveeno. It smells better too.
If you have coverage, it might be worth trying. In our experience the meds are hit-or-miss. Some had nasty side effects, some had none. All lower immunity.

I hated seeing my wife suffer with this. I'm sorry you have to.

Oh, just remembered: if sun works really well for you, see if your plan will cover UV treatment.

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Our youngest has a shitload of food allergies that are somewhat inevitable that he's going to be exposed to, and those allergies present as eczema that's quite similar to your psoriasis. We have a whole routine that we go through with him every night, but lately we've found a vasoline lotion that seems to be awesome with keeping his skin in check. Let me go grab it and I'll post a pic of it.

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Our youngest has a shitload of food allergies that are somewhat inevitable that he's going to be exposed to, and those allergies present as eczema that's quite similar to your psoriasis. We have a whole routine that we go through with him every night, but lately we've found a vasoline lotion that seems to be awesome with keeping his skin in check. Let me go grab it and I'll post a pic of it.

I lied, it’s actually the Lubriderm one that I personally think works the best, but they are both good.

Attachments

liquiss

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm gonna give it a try.. I'll let you know how it works :)

Good stuff. He scratches hard when he gets especially bad break outs, often to the point where he breaks skin. He's 4... Anyways, he claims sometimes the lubriderm stings if he has an open sore, so keep that in mind. Likely not an issue for you, but food for thought. Also, as aforementioned, he's 4 and possibly a little full of shit :p