On dating bi men...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Cale2, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Cale2

Cale2 New Member

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I met someone the other night at a club and had a fun night with him.

I don't go to gay clubs very often (this was my fourth visit to one ever, and my first time by myself) because I'm usually pretty turned off by most of the guys who hang out there. No offense intended to anyone here, but from my experience? It seems like most people at bars and clubs (gay, straight or otherwise) have one thing in mind: a simple hookup. (Not to mention that a lot of them act way too feminine for my own tastes.)

The funny/sad thing about that is, I met this guy and that's exactly what we ended up doing.

But it's not often that I meet someone who I feel I might actually be compatible with. Firstly, I thought he was the hottest guy in the club the moment I saw him across the bar. (check) Secondly, he seemed to be pretty intelligent. (check) Third, we got along well. (check) And fourth? He's straight-acting. (check-check-check-CHECK-CHECK!!)

The only problem might be that he's bisexual, and not even openly so. He told me he had recently broken up with a girl he was engaged to...which I think might help explain why he was even at this gay club in the first place. He seemed to like me though and we had some nice conversations for two people who have just met, but I am getting the impression he is primarily focused on women with his interest in men being more of a "side dish".

I'm just not absolutely sure though, and I want to get to know him better.

Is there anything I can do to show that I have a dating interest in him without scaring him off? Or is it even worth bothering? The last thing I want to become is his "fuck buddy". If nothing else, I'd rather just be good friends. How and when should I broach this subject with him?

2. Cale2

Cale2 New Member

Oh, and in case you didn't read the earlier thread...he wanted to bareback with me.

I've already been told I should avoid him like the plague for that, but I'd like to hear more opinions on that.

3. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    In my limited experience bisexual men are frequently "slumming" taking on the fun but not the burden. I'm sure there are exceptions but in my book bisexual + recently separated + wanting to bareback = almost certain heartache, at best.

4. frizzle

Gold Member

He's looking for a quick fling, gonna use you and abuse you seeing as he just got out of a serious relationship.

I wish more women were as open as these types of guys you meet.

5. Gay Joe

Gay Joe New Member

Albums:
    Being a gay man, all I want is a gay man. If you want a cock and only cock make sure your cock only wants cock.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

7. cklover

Gold Member

Albums:
    What she said......cmon man, get with it! (and have a good time)

8. Cale2

Cale2 New Member

9. Principessa

Gold Member

10. Cale2

Cale2 New Member

No, seriously, njqt. The thought of getting an STD scares me. I realize that as a homosexual, it's something I need to be acutely aware of.

One of my main concerns is whether my partner(s) will share that same awareness. And my concern in regards to this boy is whether or not he is as promiscuous as I think he might be.

11. Cale2

Cale2 New Member

What do you mean by that, exactly? :p

12. Principessa

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted