On Monday, I start a new job.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'll trade with you.....I've been trying to find work for the last 3 weeks with no luck.....now your birthday....is monday?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
[FONT=&quot]Okay, you must know that it's either, say, being a steampipe fitter's assistant, or CEO of Durex. Or some other choices.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]What are they, SS?[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]And it's your birthday? Have a happy one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What are you doing over the weekend by way of new job/birthday celebrations?[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]And no matter which one you snag, I guess congrats are in order.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, congrats, SS![/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
You're dead on with the contrast of the two options, rube. One is as a call center operator, the other as a traveling commercial concrete polisher. The latter pays better at the end of the day, so of course I'd rather do that.

This weekend, just gonna relax with the girl and wait for Monday to come around, when I simultaneously turn 25 and turn my life back around.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
It's gonna be the call center job... for now.
I called them today to ask about it. The secretary told me that the whole "If there's an orientation on Monday, could you start then?" was to test my willingness and flexibility, since from time to time an assignment will come up sooner than expected. They typically start new hires on Monday, since that's the start of the pay period. It was just that being interviewed yesterday afternoon was too last minute. So I'm still being considered to start on the 16th.
Meanwhile, I've got the call center to put money in the bank. I just need to keep quiet about the concrete polishing until the end of next week, or risk getting pulled off the call center before I'm ready.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I start a new job today, my shift starts at midnight. My boss' name is Get Mo' Dollas and I'll be working Wilkinson Blvd and the adjacent gas stations. Get Mo says if I do good I can start working the hotels and maybe one day even Wall Street!!!

*puts on nurse's hat, neon-green pleather coat and purple fuck-me boots*

PS congrats on the new job and I hope it works out for you, is Monday your birthday or was it yesterday?? If so, happy belated.