Once again rush limbaugh shows how ignorant and racist he is.......

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Prior to the war the South imported almost all of its manufactured goods from either the North or Europe and in turn they bought cotton from the South. Most of these manufactured items were cheaper to purchase from Europe and when the South began to buy more and more manufactured goods from Europe the Northern Industrialists became angry and started levying stiff import taxes on just about everything coming from Europe. They did however refuse to put same taxes on imported cotton from the Orient. So while the prices for European goods rose, the Souths cotton prices remained the same and this gave them a lot less buying power. To make things worse for the South the Rothschilds who owned most of the weaving factories in England refused to buy any more American cotton. So basically what you had was legalized plunder in which Federal law was used to enrich one group at the expense of another. This was the reason for wanting to leave the Union.

Even after the war started Lincoln still had no intention of freeing the slaves it was a non-issue at the time. In the beginning of the war, the South won almost all the battles, and had they got the support that the European bankers promised them they very well would have won the war. One of the reason being Lincoln was having a terrible time getting the Northern men to fight. People in the North had started referring to the war as the "rich mans war and the poor mans fight". Lincoln found that the preservation of the Union wasn't incentive enough for the Northern men to fight this war. This is when Lincoln being backed into the corner had a change of heart for fear of losing the war and imposed emancipation on the South.

Now that the war had been converted from an economic to a moral issue this stirred the emotions of the Northern men and they began to fight and England and France didn't want to take sides against a country that was perceived to be taking a moral stand in trying to destroy slavery. So they abandoned the South thus crippling it and as they say the rest is history.

Nice try, but I don't go (or even cater) for revisionist history too well. These are the top five reasons for the Civil War - Top Five Causes of the Civil War

1. Economic and social differences between the North and the South
2. States versus federal rights
3. The fight between Slave and Non-Slave State Proponents
4. Growth of the Abolition Movement
5. The election of Abraham Lincoln

To elaborate - As America began to expand, first with the lands gained from the Louisiana Purchase and later with the Mexican War, the question of whether new states admitted to the union would be slave or free. The Missouri Compromise passed in 1820 made a rule that prohibited slavery in states from the former Louisiana Purchase the latitude 36 degrees 30 minutes north except in Missouri. During the Mexican War, conflict started about what would happen with the new territories that the US expected to gain upon victory. David Wilmot proposed the Wilmot Proviso in 1846 which would ban slavery in the new lands. However, this was shot down to much debate. The Compromise of 1850 was created by Henry Clay and others to deal with the balance between slave and free states, northern and southern interests. One of the provisions was the fugitive slave act that was discussed in number one above. Another issue that further increased tensions was the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854. It created two new territories that would allow the states to use popular sovereignty to determine whether they would be free or slave. The real issue occurred in Kansas where proslavery Missourians began to pour into the state to help force it to be slave. They were called "Border Ruffians." Problems came to a head in violence at Lawrence Kansas. The fighting that occurred caused it to be called "Bleeding Kansas." The fight even erupted on the floor of the senate when antislavery proponent Charles Sumner was beat over the head by South Carolina's Senator Preston Brooks.

It makes absolutely no sense for ANYONE to try and downplay the significance of slavery and what role it played during the Civil War. You can have your beliefs, but this is a fact that no revision can ever eliminate. Understand what that means. This is not to try and make you or anyone feel bad for our nation's past, but people & political figures have done some fucked up things to others in the early stages of our country's development and it should never be forgotten. Or downplayed. Or conveniently edited out. That way we never repeat them.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice try, but I don't go (or even cater) for revisionist history too well. These are the top five reasons for the Civil War - Top Five Causes of the Civil War

1. Economic and social differences between the North and the South
2. States versus federal rights
3. The fight between Slave and Non-Slave State Proponents
4. Growth of the Abolition Movement
5. The election of Abraham Lincoln

To elaborate - As America began to expand, first with the lands gained from the Louisiana Purchase and later with the Mexican War, the question of whether new states admitted to the union would be slave or free. The Missouri Compromise passed in 1820 made a rule that prohibited slavery in states from the former Louisiana Purchase the latitude 36 degrees 30 minutes north except in Missouri. During the Mexican War, conflict started about what would happen with the new territories that the US expected to gain upon victory. David Wilmot proposed the Wilmot Proviso in 1846 which would ban slavery in the new lands. However, this was shot down to much debate. The Compromise of 1850 was created by Henry Clay and others to deal with the balance between slave and free states, northern and southern interests. One of the provisions was the fugitive slave act that was discussed in number one above. Another issue that further increased tensions was the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854. It created two new territories that would allow the states to use popular sovereignty to determine whether they would be free or slave. The real issue occurred in Kansas where proslavery Missourians began to pour into the state to help force it to be slave. They were called "Border Ruffians." Problems came to a head in violence at Lawrence Kansas. The fighting that occurred caused it to be called "Bleeding Kansas." The fight even erupted on the floor of the senate when antislavery proponent Charles Sumner was beat over the head by South Carolina's Senator Preston Brooks.

It makes absolutely no sense for ANYONE to try and downplay the significance of slavery and what role it played during the Civil War. You can have your beliefs, but this is a fact that no revision can ever eliminate. Understand what that means. This is not to try and make you or anyone feel bad for our nation's past, but people & political figures have done some fucked up things to others in the early stages of our country's development and it should never be forgotten. Or downplayed. Or conveniently edited out. That way we never repeat them.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this issue.

Have a good day sir.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Yeah....Rush is a racist. Nevermind the fact that his right-hand man is...wait for it......BLACK!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.parcoltop22.81021.ImageFile.jpg
I'm glad VB explained who the unidentified black man is in the picture you linked, because I had no earthly idea. How this picture of one unidentified black man proves that Fatfuck Pillpopper is not...wait for it......a RACIST escapes me. Does this one black man reflect the attitudes of all black people, I wonder? I did a search trying to identify the mysterious black man and came up empty. Even if he is in the employ of Fatfuck as VB suggests, which I can neither confirm nor dismiss, VB has already explained why that's insufficient evidence of Pillpopper's non-racist credentials, so I won't bother repeating that. Adding to the mystery, the link you posted no longer leads us to a picture of the unidentified black man, so I have suspended my investigation into his identity, not that identifying him would add any credence to your argument.

And I am part of Rush's fanbase...am I a racist?
I wouldn't assume that. However, you are at best an apologist for a racist.

Truth.

He [Lincoln] wanted to keep the Union together...freeing the slaves was just a happy side effect.
Happy, happy, lucky Negroes. *wonders if the unidentified black man is in this picture. Note title.*

We will just have to agree to disagree on this issue.
In other words, you will continue to . . . .
Believe what you want, think what you will.

Last edited: